Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess removing the ENTIRE roof would suck too, huh?? 🤔
Maybe Ford should of thought that thru a little better. Maybe a permanently afixed roof might be a better idea....?
Lol
I guess I walked into that one. 😂 In certain parts of the country there are times of the year where the weather is amazing... until it isn’t for the next hour or two. Then, it’s amazing again (after the humidity goes down). In these situations, a soft top or removable (and storable) roof panels work best to enjoy the open air.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not on the two door.

We you not here for the threads where people believed this omission meant their rear passengers were going to die of heat exhaustion?
Maybe I was asleep. Actually, I was asleep in that I didn't realize the conversation was about just the 2 door.

Last edited:

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this...

Ford Bronco “Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows. 28B04405-5089-451C-9320-E06393972E80

surprisingly on a 2 door!

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this...

Ford Bronco “Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows. 28B04405-5089-451C-9320-E06393972E80

surprisingly on a 2 door!
These pictures are reminding me that we still don’t know for certain what that latch looking thing that integrates the top with the roll bar is.

I mean, I can take a guess... but what and exactly why? What perceived problem is this addressing that the Jeep doesn’t have?

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They note that the MIC top weighs less than the modular but have we seen any numbers that could give us good estimates of weight differences between the soft top, MIC top, and mod top?
If the MIC is indeed lighter, it'd be nice if Ford would let us with 4 door/squatch or Badlands 2.7 order the MIC with a roof rack and sound-deadening headliner too. Oh, and paint protective film also, still confused as to why that last one effects GVWR..

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the MIC is indeed lighter, it'd be nice if Ford would let us with 4 door/squatch or Badlands 2.7 order the MIC with a roof rack and sound-deadening headliner too. Oh, and paint protective film also, still confused as to why that last one effects GVWR..
Their explanation is that the way the ordering system calculates for weight, it’s basically an “all or nothing” with certain options prioritized or presumed.

So even if those prohibited items wouldn’t exceed GVWR... the system doesn’t know how much they weigh... just that it’s basically “too many” accessories/options.

Good news is you can always order the rack or the headliner at the parts counter later.

PPF is also possible aftermarket.

AC2021

Wildtrak
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another B6G member shared some images from their dealership which showed the official ford breakdown of the differences between the MIC and Modular tops.

I grabbed them and credit to @beachman101 for recognizing that the ”Gunner’s Hatch” on the mod top is shown considerably larger here compared to what we’ve seen in the past.

We have not seen a recent picture of the hatch on a real-life Mod top, but these documents being dated “January 2021” may mean that this is the size we can expect from production units... however confirmation is still needed.

View attachment 91779

Additionally, this document lists the specific removable panels for all top variations, and confirms that both the 2-door and 4-door Mod tops get the removable windows in the rear.

Finally, these views give a great view of how the relative sizes of top components compare to one another, and between 2 and 4 door models.

The “Note” at the bottom of this image seems to be referring to the Area51 “Overland” concept build with the blanked out rear windows.... and confirms that factory units will “always be glass.”

View attachment 91780

I also recently updated my top difference ”cheat sheet” to reflect the apparent darkening of the MIC top as we get closer to production, and concerns by insiders that the MIC top is not any less prone to showing scratches as the Mod top.

View attachment 91782

Here is an image from the Ford Bronco webpage which shows a cg rendering with a much smaller roof hatch (albeit on what appears to be a MIC top):

View attachment 91786
Thank u! I was struggling w this Mic vs mod this morning, thank u for sharing this Info!

Laneb1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
wonder how close the color for the MIC top will be to the carbonized gray color

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can’t find where it says: can you leave the front panels on and just take off rear sections for normal driving?

Sponsored
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT w Performance pack, Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im glad that info I dropped on B6G a few weeks ago is helping out. I cant believe I was the only one the dealer gave this prudent information too. Great call on using the AC to cool the rooftop tent @beachman101.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im glad that info I dropped on B6G a few weeks ago is helping out. I cant believe I was the only one the dealer gave this prudent information too. Great call on using the AC to cool the rooftop tent @beachman101.
Thank you for chiming in! I couldn’t remember where I grabbed these pics from initially.

I’ve added your credit to the first post.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's pretty neat.....I've been thinking it'd be cool if they could have "sunroof" panels.
Much better product than clearlidz - JeeTop They have already confirmed that they will be producing similar product fitment for the Bronco including the discussed Gunner's Hatch.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Much better product than clearlidz - JeeTop They have already confirmed that they will be producing similar product fitment for the Bronco including the discussed Gunner's Hatch.
Glad I was sitting down for the pricing. o_O
Sponsored