Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The most obvious would be some sort of vent for the cars ac/heat to travel into the tent. That would be cool. Especially if you can control it via phone app
Respectfully, no way is running your car all night hot-boxing your rooftop tent going to be a thing, imo.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Deputy Chief of the VFD next to mine died of CO poisoning recently while tinkering on an engine in his garage. If it happened to him it can happen to any of you. This is serious stuff.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two or three man job, one inside, one or two with ladders outside to wrestle that painted surface with protruding hardware over a six foot high painted roof (high enough to clear the hatch hardware) and set it precisely in place (not round, so it can fall through the hole, even with roll bar). This would never be used. My guess is that the designers wanted it and the engineers told them to go pound sand. I for sure think you are looking at old promotional material and the actual hatch (which would still suck bad to remove and replace without scratching up the paint) is what it ended up as after reality set in. The gunner's hatch is the reality. That you could lift up and bring down from inside. That limits the size and shape

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Regarding this thread title, what happened to @BroncoDealer ?

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought there was the under seat vents?
Not on the two door.

We you not here for the threads where people believed this omission meant their rear passengers were going to die of heat exhaustion?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Another B6G member shared some images from their dealership which showed the official ford breakdown of the differences between the MIC and Modular tops.

I grabbed them and credit to @beachman101 for recognizing that the ”Gunner’s Hatch” on the mod top is shown considerably larger here compared to what we’ve seen in the past.

We have not seen a recent picture of the hatch on a real-life Mod top, but these documents being dated “January 2021” may mean that this is the size we can expect from production units... however confirmation is still needed.

View attachment 91779

Additionally, this document lists the specific removable panels for all top variations, and confirms that both the 2-door and 4-door Mod tops get the removable windows in the rear.

Finally, these views give a great view of how the relative sizes of top components compare to one another, and between 2 and 4 door models.

The “Note” at the bottom of this image seems to be referring to the Area51 “Overland” concept build with the blanked out rear windows.... and confirms that factory units will “always be glass.”

View attachment 91780

I also recently updated my top difference ”cheat sheet” to reflect the apparent darkening of the MIC top as we get closer to production, and concerns by insiders that the MIC top is not any less prone to showing scratches as the Mod top.

View attachment 91782

Here is an image from the Ford Bronco webpage which shows a cg rendering with a much smaller roof hatch (albeit on what appears to be a MIC top):

View attachment 91786
Those pictures in the dealer docs really look like early 3D models to me. I would trust pictures far more than 3D engineering models (Solidedge? Solidworks? CATIA? anyone know what software Ford engineers use?) They probably made the hatch smaller later to make it easier to manufacture.

The Deputy Chief of the VFD next to mine died of CO poisoning recently while tinkering on an engine in his garage. If it happened to him it can happen to any of you. This is serious stuff.
Um, who sleeps in a rooftop tent indoors?
If you are in a rooftop tent, you are going to be outside. The CO is coming out of your exhaust pipe, not your HVAC vents. There would be zero risk of CO poisoning from running your vehicle while in a rooftop tent, as long as you are not inside an enclosed area while doing so.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Um, who sleeps in a rooftop tent indoors?
If you are in a rooftop tent, you are going to be outside. The CO is coming out of your exhaust pipe, not your HVAC vents. There would be zero risk of CO poisoning from running your vehicle while in a rooftop tent, as long as you are not inside an enclosed area while doing so.
A fabric tent is not sealed from the exhaust fumes that will raise vertically.

What is located vertically above the exhaust pipe?

Now you ask yourself, are you lucky enough that only a low level dilution of exhaust gases will propagate their way into the tent?

Your zero risk is only true if the laws of physics are no longer true.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco “Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows. 4572F716-A89F-4526-91BE-1585BE6D38F2

Ford Bronco “Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows. 4572F716-A89F-4526-91BE-1585BE6D38F2

Giant Gunner’s hatch is cool and all, but onboard storage would be nonexistent and leave Bronco with a much worse problem than Jeep’s door storage issue. Pop up showers would drench the interior. Including that nice cloth on the back of the rear seats. Smaller hatch would be better for usability.
I guess removing the ENTIRE roof would suck too, huh?? 🤔
Maybe Ford should of thought that thru a little better. Maybe a permanently afixed roof might be a better idea....?
Lol

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two or three man job, one inside, one or two with ladders outside to wrestle that painted surface with protruding hardware over a six foot high painted roof (high enough to clear the hatch hardware) and set it precisely in place (not round, so it can fall through the hole, even with roll bar). This would never be used. My guess is that the designers wanted it and the engineers told them to go pound sand. I for sure think you are looking at old promotional material and the actual hatch (which would still suck bad to remove and replace without scratching up the paint) is what it ended up as after reality set in. The gunner's hatch is the reality. That you could lift up and bring down from inside. That limits the size and shape
Good point... It should be designed to lift off from the inside, tilted and twisted vertically and drawn back in thru the opening. I think the latest images must be early representations. I mean, was Ford thinking the tops would be a Sandy colour, or is that just a CAD material colour coding model?