Sponsored

Bronco Wave?

Are you going to wave at other Bronco drivers?

• Total voters

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never understood this. Why is waving at people you don't know that just happen to drive the same type of vehicle a thing?

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also currently own a Mini Cooper S and have owned a wrangler in the past so definitely plan on carrying on the wave tradition when I see fellow bronco enthusiasts.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bronco people don't need anything cheesy like that. Matter of fact no one needs to wave while they are driving unless you know them.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spent many years on Harleys and had a Wrangler. I'm all waved out. But if you want to, feel free.

cp6789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never understood this. Why is waving at people you don't know that just happen to drive the same type of vehicle a thing?

Keep wave started after WW2 where soldiers came home and bought their Jeeps. Since back then it was always for soldiers, they would always wave at each other. When everyone else started to buy Jeeps, the wave spread to everyone.

Sponsored

Squidma

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Search....
Apologies, I entered ā€œwaveā€ into the ā€œSearch Everywhereā€ section and I didnā€™t see any threads marked with this come up; I was also on my phone and perhaps when i saw the first 10-15 threads unrelated to my intended purpose, I then posted.

admins, please feel free to delete this thread if it is too glaringly redundant.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies, I entered ā€œwaveā€ into the ā€œSearch Everywhereā€ section and I didnā€™t see any threads marked with this come up; I was also on my phone and perhaps when i saw the first 10-15 threads unrelated to my intended purpose, I then posted.

admins, please feel free to delete this thread if it is too glaringly redundant.
To be fair I have searched for threads and found nothing before also. They normally just merge it into an existing thread vs delete it all together.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You wouldnā€™t get it.... itā€™s a Jeep thing? JK
I posted in the other thread about the Jeep wave here in Illinois where pretty much 1 out of 3 vehicles is a Jeep. Might as well just keep your hand up the whole time. I see less minivans than i do Jeeps around these parts.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The second vehicle I ever owned was a 1991 Jeep Wrangler. The Jeep wave was a mandatory part of my daily life for 5 years. Currently I own a Mini Cooper and the MINI Wave Has been a mandatory part of my daily life for the past 7 years (even though itā€™s not necessarily a mandatory part of uneducated MINI owners livesā€™). Iā€™ve never owned, driven, or been in a Corvette, but from what I understand they have their own wave. Motorcycles...gotta wave.

The common thread I see between all of these vehicles which have their own waving Traditions is that they are ā€œheritageā€ branded labels with fanatical fan bases. In short, these are ā€œlifestyleā€ vehicles. The vehicle actually says something about the owner, his/her lifestyle, interests, and how they want the world (and fellow owners) to perceive them.

I suggest that the Bronco falls solidly into this category and is worthy of its own, ā€œBronco Waveā€. I can assure you, when I get mine Iā€™ll be waving at you when we cross paths, please donā€™t let my Bronco Wave go unanswered!

Cheers,
Jay
In Texas and in a small town, you wave at everyone you pass. I'm good with a wave.

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we should respect all peopleā€™s opinions, so if You donā€™t want to, cool. But If a simple gesture like a wave brightens a few peopleā€™s day and doesnā€™t take that much energy Iā€™m all for it. I donā€™t need to know someone to be friendly to them. Itā€™s like smiling at someone as you pass them on a sidewalk. No real need for it, but no harm whatsoever. I mean, anyone think that the world is already too friendly?
Sponsored