Sponsored

“Bronco wave”

Should we wave at Jeeps or Broncos only?

• Total voters

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I’m not sure if everyone here is familiar with the “Jeep wave” but it is pretty fun. Whenever you see another wrangler you’re supposed to wave, usually just raising your fingers off the steering wheel is enough. Probably 70% of jeeps return the wave. Now my question is this: will we wave at wranglers so we can be included, or should we have a Bronco wave only? I for one vote for waving at jeeps too, I’d rather be inclusive.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:cwl: :crackup: :clap:

Oh my god, will we wave at only BroncoBronco's, or just Broncos, or all Fords ...

There are so many threads about this on the Wrangler forums it boggles the mind, as if being polite or friendly comes with some huge etiquette book, or waving at people is like a secret handshake for the illuminati or something ... o_O

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reminds me of what happens when I'm out riding my ZX-6R. Sportbikes wave at sportbikes, except for Ducatis, they only wave at each other. Harleys don't wave at anybody except for the touring bikes, they'll wave at anyone. There's a lot of overlapping different groups.

I just wave at everybody and see what happens!

I'll probably only wave at other Broncos unless they wave to me first though. Too many jeeps around here, I'd never stop waving.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
um, we dothis it trucks, at least outside the cities. and on bikes we have our own wave. and mustangs as well. I think every group has the exact same waveto other members (except bikes, ours is different, because we're cooler than all the cagers)

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm waving lol, but I'm not yet sure why. Part of me wants to be friendly with fellow off-road enthusiasts, part of me wants to troll because I know a lot of Jeep owners will be bothered by not being the cool kid on the block anymore...I'll let them decide

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
I wave as a sign of acknowledgement, acknowledgement that I respect the vehicle next to me for various reasons ie it's a bad *ss old school ride, muscle car, bad *ss truck, jeep etc. I drove a 71' Mach1, 74' Bronco, 86' 5.0, 00' Lightning, 04' Comp Orange Cobra, 11' Raptor and now 2016 Ford Focus RS and often got and continue to get waves/thumbs up. I currently get noticed from Subie owners and the likes so if I dig the ride next to me I give them a thumbs up or wave. Guess that's what happens after 51 years of being a car/truck guy.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
God guess im old school in South Texas everyone gets a wave.
Ha! When I’m out in the wilderness everyone does but can’t wave at everybody in Phoenix. My hand would fall off.
Sponsored