Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When in slippery mode and moving, usually when accelerating, there’s a slight clicking noise front driver side. Closest thing I could compare it to is putting a card in your bike spokes as a kid. Anyone else???
Sponsored

Tbird

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bought my Wildtrak last week and drove home 500 miles. No issues. A few days later I was going through GOAT modes on some dirt roads just slow checking how everything works and I started getting the same 'card in the spokes' clicking sound. Dealer could not find any recalls or bulletins notices however 1 Bronco in Alabama apparently had loose 'cams' and was being fixed. They told me to leave it with them for a week. I'll follow up on this but if any 'cams' are loose that could have been devastating. Let me know what you find out.

OP
OP
DANGL3

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought my Wildtrak last week and drove home 500 miles. No issues. A few days later I was going through GOAT modes on some dirt roads just slow checking how everything works and I started getting the same 'card in the spokes' clicking sound. Dealer could not find any recalls or bulletins notices however 1 Bronco in Alabama apparently had loose 'cams' and was being fixed. They told me to leave it with them for a week. I'll follow up on this but if any 'cams' are loose that could have been devastating. Let me know what you find out.
Appreciate it - let me know. Only happens for me when in 4H. Once back in 2wd it's fine.

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would schedule service with the dealer. It sounds like what several other posters on here with a cv axle problem experienced.

Jay1Clarke

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger JL 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just started hearing this on my WT, dealer didn’t find anything but anytime on on a slippery surface in 4WD and turn right or left and the trac light comes on I’m getting a weird noise - almost like a spring boinging sound. It can only be replicated in this scenario, and of course when the dealer has availability the ground snow has passed.

watching and will update if I learn anything.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Jay1Clarke
Can you video or record it?

If you can’t get the truck to do it, a video of you impersonating the truck making the noise will do, at least for entertainment.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just started hearing this on my WT, dealer didn’t find anything but anytime on on a slippery surface in 4WD and turn right or left and the trac light comes on I’m getting a weird noise - almost like a spring boinging sound. It can only be replicated in this scenario, and of course when the dealer has availability the ground snow has passed.

watching and will update if I learn anything.
It’s the ABS activating for traction and stability control because you’re losing traction on a slippery surface. It’s normal.

Jay1Clarke

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger JL 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would schedule service with the dealer. It sounds like what several other posters on here with a cv axle problem experienced.
The dealer found nothing wrong and when it snowed this weekend (which only happens on slippery surfaces), no dealers would let me come in, in fact they are all union shops by me so no one had techs onsite. It was probably the last snow to stick to - so until I break something or it snows again (on a weekday) I'll have to live with it:). I'll search some CV posts to see if it matches what I am hearing
Sponsored