“Hacked” Apple CarPlay - Using CarBridge to Display Non-Native Apps

Mechjk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To anyone else who is planning on an interior trim package that includes the 12” screen, you might consider jailbreaking an Apple device (I use an old iPhone 7 that tethers to my new device) to take full advantage of your display. It works on any Apple CarPlay enabled vehicle (to my knowledge). The Tweak is called CarBridge. I use it to stream YouTube videos, movies, etc. when traveling or waiting in the parking lot while my wife shops :rolleyes:. I think it will be great to utilize apps that may not have native CarPlay support, think Gaia, etc. Here’s a couple of pictures of it running on my current 2016 Silverado.

Ford Bronco “Hacked” Apple CarPlay - Using CarBridge to Display Non-Native Apps F343B0D3-D777-4591-9C96-3611FAAC11DB

Ford Bronco “Hacked” Apple CarPlay - Using CarBridge to Display Non-Native Apps 351C868A-0763-406A-A80F-F21A558D1AAA
Sponsored

BDB21

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 F-250 Tremor / '71 Bronco / '20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome! I think Gaia has a native app now. The app showed up on my CarPlay recently on my 2020 Tremor. I haven’t had a chance to mess around with it though.

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haven’t jailbroken a phone in years but this does seem cool

OP
OP

Mechjk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome! I think Gaia has a native app now. The app showed up on my CarPlay recently on my 2020 Tremor. I haven’t had a chance to mess around with it though.
Well that’s good to hear! I did not renew my subscription after I sold my JK last Fall but it makes sense from their perspective.
Sponsored