Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess for me it's not so much the cheap look, it's that it looks like no thought was put into it..I just wanted something a little more unique...I much prefer the Rubicon interior... still... can't wait for mine!
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind it. I'd rather have it stripped down to the plastic than have elements that will peel off eventually. I think the interior screams off-road and if people think this should be like your other "luxury"trucks , this ain't it chief

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only touch the dash when I clean it, so I couldn’t really care less. I guess I am not really picky either. I do notice the big plastic expanses of my F150 when I clean it, but again, it makes little difference to me if it doesn’t rattle or fade. To each their own!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ugh.... this is one of the key things that makes me second guess my decision and periodically look at the competition with much nicer finishes. We spend the majority of time inside the vehicle, so this is important and should not be dismissed as, this is an off road vehicle, expect plastic, etc. Those excuses do not make much sense.

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft touch plastic in my last 3 cars. It’s just nicer.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just because you spec a Bronco for the same $ as either a Hyundai Palisade or MB GLE350 (both of whom have nicer interiors) doesn’t mean the interior bits of the Bronco should match. I envision a lot of early trade-ins once the new-ness wears off.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve yet to own a vehicle that I couldn’t find faults with, cheap plastics or uncomfortable interiors ... all my hope is if it’s cheap feeling it holds up to abuse. If I wanted luxury I wouldn’t be buying a bronco. You are buying it for the off road open air experience, if your thinking you’re getting a Cadillac then your gonna be sorely disappointed..

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Focusing on/complaining about the specific quality of the plastic on the dash? huh.

Just like anything else you don't like, customize it. I can't imagine wrapping the dash in some PU Leather stuff because I am going to get caught in the elements without the roof. But you can certainly do that.

And that will be easier for you than swapping out the coil overs, the upper control arms and the cv axles. ha ha.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The smoother texture of the Bronco interior panels will be easier to clean than the fake leather grained plastics you typically get. I thought it looked very nice in person. For a vehicle meant to spend most of its life without a roof or doors, I think what they ended up with is appropriate.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly what sent me back on the fence when I sat in one a couple weeks ago. The plastic just felt cheap and would have been fine in a $35k Bronco but, as I sat in that one, there was no way I could justify my $60k build.
Different strokes. I couldn’t justify paying $60k for any vehicle. Hard enough to justify when I increased my price to $40k by switching to four-door. Dash was not a factor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Until I found this forum, I’d never heard discussion of “hard” vs. “soft-touch” plastics regarding car dashes or anything else. I’ve never even thought about a need to be touching and feeling the dash. The Bronco dash looks amazing to me.

I got a chuckle out of the idea that plastic fake “wood grain” is a higher grade of plastic than plastic that is grey.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2020 ranger... And not until this forum did I notice that everything in the interior is plastic. Dash, door panels, it has a cheap steering wheel... Plastic console...and now.. I still don't care. It's a truck and it looks good. Regardless of what I do to it. I like the bronco design even more. Y'all whine about pretty much everything. You'd bitch about the soft touch and higher end materials too when they either de-lame due to sun and water or are a pain in the ass to clean and fade and stain.... So there's no pleasing some of you.
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior dumbledore-frustrated

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I honestly think the interior borders on too fancy. The thrill of the Bronco to me is that it busts the bubble of overly luxurious “SUVs” these days. Which is why it’s ironic the Base doesn’t have MVG and rubber floors and you have to go two trims up to get that.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has nothing to do with it being "plastic". As you say they are all plastic these days. It's that the plastic is thin, wavy, flimsy, ill fitting and feels cheap, just like my F-150. A $20k Hyundai Elantra makes my $63k trucks interior look like an absolute joke in every single regard and category. The Bronco is better than my F-150, but certainly still not up to par with foreign car manufacturers, and not even as good as other new Ford Products like the Mach E, new F-150, etc.

I think ford was too obsessed with competing with the Wrangler on base price and so made huge compromises with interior quality to get there. The interior is just ok for a $30k base SUV, but most of these are going to be between $50k-$60k, and they did very, very little to improve the quality in upper trims.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rarely ever touch my dash while sitting in my vehicles, whether passively sitting in park and listening to music or actively driving, and I can’t remember the last time I actually wiped my dash down with a cloth rag.

I don’t really care whether the dash is made of hard plastic or covered with soft-touch material. I just want it to hold up under the elements with the top down (e.g., sun, rain, mud, river water, sleet/snow) without peeling or cracking over time. I’m getting a wash-out interior with marine-grade vinyl seats and active drains for a reason, and it’s not so I can sit in my vehicle, fondle my dash delicately with my fingertips, or pamper it with detailing fluids and a microfiber cloth.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.