Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some of you say "Plastics" like it was a bad thing.

download.jpeg

What's next? Complaining about middle-aged women trying to seduce you for a ride in your Bronco? Kook-Kook-Atchooo, Mrs Robinson, No Bronco ride for you.
Sponsored

K8GTH

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My big gripe with the interior is actually the lack of cheap plastic between the hard top and the interior of the body. Not only does it look bad but I feel like its uncomfortable if you rest your shoulder up against it and without a doubt stuff is going to end up falling into the crack. They already solved the problem 25+ years ago with a piece of trim on full size broncos. Why they didn't do anything about here baffles me.
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior exposed trim

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has nothing to do with it being "plastic". As you say they are all plastic these days. It's that the plastic is thin, wavy, flimsy, ill fitting and feels cheap, just like my F-150. A $20k Hyundai Elantra makes my $63k trucks interior look like an absolute joke in every single regard and category. The Bronco is better than my F-150, but certainly still not up to par with foreign car manufacturers, and not even as good as other new Ford Products like the Mach E, new F-150, etc.

I think ford was too obsessed with competing with the Wrangler on base price and so made huge compromises with interior quality to get there. The interior is just ok for a $30k base SUV, but most of these are going to be between $50k-$60k, and they did very, very little to improve the quality in upper trims.
We also have only ever sat in a pre-production build. Most likely it will be the same, but there is a slight hope final production models will be higher quality/fit.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I get the argument because I also like the finer luxury style dash and interiors because to me I spend all my driving on the inside of the car not the outside so I want to enjoy the experience. Having said that, the bronco is an off-road ready, trail hugging, dune running, mountain climbing master. The 60k everyone is so upset over is in the undercarriage, the tires, the shocks, the computer systems and tech etc... so whereas yes, I would enjoy a wonderful prettied up interior id go spend 60k on a Lincoln or Audi, Mercedes whatever, but for a bronco? No I want 60k worth of off road goodies. Think about it, people (not everyone) are running these vehicles doors off, top off, through the mud and all over the place, id hate to see 60k worth of leather and fine accents get destroyed when it decides to rain out of nowhere with the top off
absolutely, this truck is not made for everyone!!! (even though everyone wants one) ;)

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My big gripe with the interior is actually the lack of cheap plastic between the hard top and the interior of the body. Not only does it look bad but I feel like its uncomfortable if you rest your shoulder up against it and without a doubt stuff is going to end up falling into the crack. They already solved the problem 25+ years ago with a piece of trim on full size broncos. Why they didn't do anything about here baffles me.
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior exposed trim
Joe, the history of the Bronco is utilitarian...not finished like a aviator...lol ...cmon dude...you want a massage chair too? ...wait thats a great idea..

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It actually does make sense, yes you do spend a majority of your time in the vehicle but this is an off-roaring vehicle. Pretty sure you won’t be admiring the interior when blasting down a trail or trying to maneuver some technical rocks. If you are looking for a street queen that does occasional fire trails, maybe you should look elsewhere because this thing wasn’t designed for you.
not sure about you - but getting to any decent trail here is about a 3 hour ride. maybe 6 hours on the trail and a 3 hour ride back. That's half my time I would rather have a nicer plastic. We do not have fire trails or technical rocks that we can legally ride on a daily basis. I am buying a truck that will be used for that as well as going to the store and soccer practices, I am not buying a tractor. As for those saying it is meant to be that way because the top comes off. How does that explain better materials in Jeep Wranglers?

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the design of the dash, clean, simple, kind of an open feeling, vs the Wrangler that felt a bit more cramped and "coming at me" to me, if that makes sense. When I sat in the two that came through town the dash looked great, didn't feel flimsy or cheap at all.
I could not tell you if my Tacoma has soft or hard plastic on the dash (can't go look, my boy took it to work) or what's in my wife's Jetta. As long as it doesn't rattle and cleans easy I'll be happy. And I'm glad I'm not paying extra for fake wood or leather. Seeing the dash with the nicely integrated (instead of stuck on like in a Tesla) screen and minimalist design was one of the things that sold me on the Bronco. Tastes are different. I'm sure there will be after market dodads to add and spiff it up to one's liking.

Oh, there are no rear a/c vents in my 4 door Taco, not even under the seats. My kids never complained, cools down fast on full blast, the cold air from under the seats will be a nice addition for the rear seats. I doubt it will ever be a problem. Windows down until the heat is blown out, then closed up if super hot outside will be just fine. Was 112 degree here yesterday, I was actually impressed how well this 19 year old A/C still cools.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This plastic feels cheaper than other plastics. I can't think of another way to say it, wife said the same thing. It's not throw your hands up forget it , but it feels cheaper than my f150...which is plastic. I don't think anyone is looking for exotic woods...but some of it feels like a 15k honda civic, not a 60k truck.

just my 2c
You're not paying for finish, you're paying for capability and experience. Think Lotus instead of BMW.

ugh.... this is one of the key things that makes me second guess my decision and periodically look at the competition with much nicer finishes. We spend the majority of time inside the vehicle, so this is important and should not be dismissed as, this is an off road vehicle, expect plastic, etc. Those excuses do not make much sense.
I spend hours a day in vehicles. The finish of the dash doesn't plague me. I honestly couldn't tell you how hollow the dash is in my Titan.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clearly, this is all Eugen Baumann's fault. I blame him.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well the interior in my Fleetline has essentially zero plastic in it aside from clips for the gauge mounting or pull handles. The dash is full metal and chrome, with lots of nice sharp bits to make you bleed.

The vehicle is new to me within the past decade, but I think the intent of your thread was what cars manufactured in the past few decades didn't have plastic?

Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior Copy of IMG_1392

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No old math explained in a new way. This guy is spot on...vehicles have been increasing over the last 20 years at a crazy rate, every year 3-5 k more (without harsh inflation)..in 5 years that's 15-25k more.before harsh inflation..the math is basic.
So a 2026 Bronco Wildtrak will start at 75k ? Guess that's the new 50k.
Good luck with that Ford, although there is a sucker born every minute.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So a 2026 Bronco Wildtrak will start at 75k ? Guess that's the new 50k.
Good luck with that Ford, although there is a sucker born every minute.
Can't fight inflation. Especially when the gubmint is helping it along.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior Copy of IMG_1392
I am pretty sure this is what duct tape was invented for. Two strips. Easy peasy

RustySeatbelt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're not paying for finish, you're paying for capability and experience. Think Lotus instead of BMW.
I digress... The M3 is a much more capable and enjoyable track car than the Lotus Exige, and the finish is significantly better. Lotus is a nightmare, and since we're talking of dashes, their dashes are just shit. They're known for tightening in the sun and the leather rolling up. The M3 has shit plastic throughout, it's not nice at all. I see what you're trying to do there, but from experience, not the best comparison for this argument.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.