Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would metal be any better? The last two vehicles I've had with a metal dash were my 1973 Pinto and 1995 YJ. Both were cheap-ass looking.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have no real issue with it, but it is the most utiitarian (and the Defender is the second most). Let's compare to the competition:

(Edit): Note that all have speedo and a real tach but Bronco, errg!

Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior Bronco Dash
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior Defender dash
Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior Wrangler Dash

Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior 4Runner Dash

Last edited:

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m getting MVG and washout floors, so I find it ironic that for some reason the BD has a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. Why?
Cuz you ain't supposed to hose anything out besides the floor.

The Ford rep. told me in person (at a dealer event) that the MGV seats are mold, mild and water RESISTANT, not WATERPROOF. She advised wiping down the seats with a rag/towel to clean, not directly spraying with hose.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cuz you ain't supposed to hose anything out besides the floor.

The Ford rep. told me in person (at a dealer event) that the MGV seats are mold, mild and water RESISTANT, not WATERPROOF. She advised wiping down the seats with a rag/towel to clean, not directly spraying with hose.
Don't say that too loud. I had the EXACT same conversation at the event and mentioned it here and was told that I was wrong.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't say that too loud. I had the EXACT same conversation at the event and mentioned it here and was told that I was wrong.
I mean, you probably can do it without much of an issue, but why take the risk? I know the electronics are supposedly sealed and protected as well, but Ford sure as hell isn't going to promote the idea of hosing them down and risk complaints/bad reviews and having to repair everyone's Bronco under warranty.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You seem to forget that ALL of these vehicles, will spend the majority of their time on the road.

In my case, the off roading will be in NH. I live in MA. It will also be used as a ski vehicle.
Like I said, even Jeep gets it with their Wrangler, where a well optioned Wrangler is a nice place to spend time.

Your false choice between a 2wd mall crawler and a "real" off-road vehicle is ridiculous. You can have all the good hardware and a decent interior.
I just mean that you can’t really be driving and feeling the dashboard. I don’t know what being on the road most of the time has to do with it. I’ve pressed a finger into the dash before on maybe the day I bought a car and then never again. I’ve also never had a passenger who felt my dash.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve also never understood why Wranglers even have a leather option, and no vinyl option. Just cloth.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I mean, you probably can do it without much of an issue, but why take the risk? I know the electronics are supposedly sealed and protected as well, but Ford sure as hell isn't going to promote the idea of hosing them down and risk complaints/bad reviews and having to repair everyone's Bronco under warranty.
Oh if you were careful with the washout floors I think you could probably do some. At the least dump some soap water in the floor boards. I'm wondering how many service calls Ford is going to get though for electronics after people hose off or just let it rain on the MGV interior thinking it's water proof.

Honestly I loved the wash out floors, I just didn't care for the feel of the MGV.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see you're a Land Rover discovery driver. Did you not consider a base Defender instead? It seems like that's more what you're looking for. The interior of the bronco was intended to survive being in the rain with the top off. Hard plastics and marine grade vinyl are what you want in that situation. Especially if you have mud flying everywhere.
I agree but it also leads to one issue i had with the options. Why wasn’t the MGV offered as option on a trim like my OBX. I did not want leather and know I can water proof the cloth seats I ordered but likely would have been willing to pay some premium to move up from cloth to MGV. Is it because the MGV cannot accept the heated front seats?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was going to make this a reply in a thread, instead of a new thread, but it seems to be mentioned and griped about in every thread eventually.

What cars have y’all had in the last few decades that DIDN’T have plastic dash materials? What do y’all think dashboards are made of? Unless you have maybe a Jaguar Vanden Plas with luxurious, exotic woods on top of—you guessed it—plastic, your dash is made mostly of plastics.

I’ve had some pretty nice vehicles, and every dash of every car since the Spartan metal dash panel (with vinyl padded dash top added) of my early Bronco has been plastic.

I’m just curious, because the griping about “plastic interior” has become its own culture, and I’m puzzled why.

When I rushed to reserve a Bronco on 7/13/2021, I didn’t even care what the dash looked like. Turns out, it looks like a space ship, it to hear y’all tell it, it’s a Barbie Jeep.
I saw the Bronco interior at an early Ford showing a few months ago and liked it. Can't think of any issues, and prefer a utilitarian look in this sort of vehicle.

Probably I'll have my son add some carbon fiber wrap to a few of the dash areas. He did that to the dash in our other car and it turned out nice. Got the wrap for under $20 off Amazon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.