Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't seen one in person, so i can't comment, but there do seem to be different 'grades' of plastic. For instance, every Chevy I've been in feels 'cheap' compared to all my Fords.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cuz you ain't supposed to hose anything out besides the floor.

The Ford rep. told me in person (at a dealer event) that the MGV seats are mold, mild and water RESISTANT, not WATERPROOF. She advised wiping down the seats with a rag/towel to clean, not directly spraying with hose.
Yes, we all know that. Hose will only be involved to carefully trickle water on the floors to wash grime down the hole. My post meant why have a leather steering wheel mismatched with vinyl seat? Why does one need leather on the steering wheel at all unless it’s a sports car? Just seems illogical.

When I’m off-road and in conditions that the MVG and floors were designed for, it’s safe to say I am dirty, too, and I’ll just sully up a leather steering wheel.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh if you were careful with the washout floors I think you could probably do some. At the least dump some soap water in the floor boards. I'm wondering how many service calls Ford is going to get though for electronics after people hose off or just let it rain on the MGV interior thinking it's water proof.

Honestly I loved the wash out floors, I just didn't care for the feel of the MGV.
Hose out floors in my old CJ7 seemed like a good idea, until one day I realized it was contributing to rust in the cracks and crevasses where water collected and didn't always dry quickly. That was the end of hosing out the floors for me.

I'm sure the new Bronco has better rust proofing these days, and a new vehicle will take longer to rust. But I don't plan on introducing a bunch of water inside the vehicle - unless caught in rain with the top down.

RustySeatbelt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree but it also leads to one issue i had with the options. Why wasn’t the MGV offered as option on a trim like my OBX. I did not want leather and know I can water proof the cloth seats I ordered but likely would have been willing to pay some premium to move up from cloth to MGV. Is it because the MGV cannot accept the heated front seats?
No idea, but I wish cloth was offered in the BL. I have cloth in my Rubicon and would have preferred cloth to vinyl or leather, but had to get leather for the back seat cup holders... The choices Ford made on what was/wasn't offered don't make much sense to me.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which brings us back to cupholders.

Aaaaaaaand *SCENE*.

Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no real issue with it, but it is the most utiitarian (and the Defender is the second most). Let's compare to the competition:

(Edit): Note that all have speedo and a real tach but Bronco, errg!

Bronco Dash.jpg
Defender dash.jpg
Wrangler Dash.jpg

4Runner Dash.jpg
Great comparison and helps me appreciate that the Bronco has A LOT fewer nooks, crannies and joints to collect and hold the desert dust. It will be much easier to keep clean--especially compared to the Jeep dash. I'll take utilitarian please!

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the interior, it's very good for what it is. The only element that I thought was cheap feeling were the interior door handles/pulls. They are ridiculous, but as long as they hold up: no problemo. Everything else is good to go.
This is a big one. Those interior door handles are the cheapest feeling thing in a car/truck I've ever felt. Hoping it's because the ones I was in were pre production.

Also, I noticed at the dealer showcase that the plastic console with the aux switches on the roof was pretty cheap and falling apart actually. Switches felt amazing but the plastic thing they're attached to as a whole not so much. It might not have the best anchor point since the roof can come off and on and I could see it loosening over time and getting rattley.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to make this a reply in a thread, instead of a new thread, but it seems to be mentioned and griped about in every thread eventually.

What cars have y’all had in the last few decades that DIDN’T have plastic dash materials? What do y’all think dashboards are made of? Unless you have maybe a Jaguar Vanden Plas with luxurious, exotic woods on top of—you guessed it—plastic, your dash is made mostly of plastics.

I’ve had some pretty nice vehicles, and every dash of every car since the Spartan metal dash panel (with vinyl padded dash top added) of my early Bronco has been plastic.

I’m just curious, because the griping about “plastic interior” has become its own culture, and I’m puzzled why.

When I rushed to reserve a Bronco on 7/13/2021, I didn’t even care what the dash looked like. Turns out, it looks like a space ship, it to hear y’all tell it, it’s a Barbie Jeep.
Because most folks suffer from severe first world problems.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great comparison and helps me appreciate that the Bronco has A LOT fewer nooks, crannies and joints to collect and hold the desert dust. It will be much easier to keep clean--especially compared to the Jeep dash. I'll take utilitarian please!
yes, much cleaner IMO, and the sample has the smaller screen. Defender just looks bad to me, oddly dated and I hate where the gear shifter is. Wrangler just has too much stuff there in the middle, like it went shopping at Hot Topic. And no way for a larger screen. Toyota looks dated but familiar and comfortable. But that's what I'm driving, though 19 years old, so no screen but a tape deck 🙃
Don't see where the Defender shows any luxury at all though, looks like plastic to me. Cute screen though ;-p

I'm gonna be very happy with my dash, hopefully others find some upgrades to apply in the aftermarket.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When is the Bronco bespoke trim coming out?

I really think a lot of you need to get out of this queue and in line in that queue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d like to see the complaints if these folks paid $200,000 for an Icon.

126DB321-14D4-4C05-983B-B2DC55FF25F6.jpeg

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My girlfriend's 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk ($27,000 original MSRP) has nice soft touch materials like the dash and whatnot. Everything feels solid in it. I guess I don't understand why off road or roof off capability means cheap is okay or better somehow. Kinda the opposite. Should be even more sturdy and higher quality. I wouldn't mind sacrificing the "luxury" soft touch materials if they were replaced with higher quality materials like metals or tight knit canvas or something. I guess we'll have to see how these production models feel when they start getting to dealerships soon.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why does “hard and sleek” equate to “cheap” but “soft-touch” is upmarket?

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why does “hard and sleek” equate to “cheap” but “soft-touch” is upmarket?
Good point. I think from what others have said too is it's a cheap hard. Like you can tell it's thinner and hollow.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.