First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, that was my initial impression as well. The plastic in the Bronco at the event we went to made my JL Wrangler feel like a Range Rover. I’ll get used to it I’m sure.
shhhh, cheap plastic means TOUGH plastic.

Ford Bronco “Plastic” Interior LfIrD
Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems just fine for it’s main function. I compare it to my current family car and it works save for lacking a few more storage areas. This early interior pictures shows its clean functional lines

Here is my current RAV4 interior to compare:
yeah the RAV4 interior has a good fit and finish. It is durable too.
Maybe Ford can "borrow" Toyota's plastic manufacturer for MY23.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quality is JOB ONE!
(except for door handles, leather seats, and dash)
Some people are impressed by glued on wood, not me.
Anyone have real close-up photos of the textures of the various plastics. Would be nice to have photos added to the post. Just for the halibut!!!
Just search YouTube for "Bronco Base walkaround", there is a good video with closeup shots of the dash and seats.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dare say that you are in the minority, and that the majority either don't care enough to pay the extra $3000 or are priced out of the market at that point. Ford has done their research and developed the Bronco for the masses, not for the 10%. Maybe their marking research screwed up and there are enough buyers like you to make it profitable for Ford to offer a Swanky trim package, above and beyond Lux. If so, I'm sure it will be an available option in the next couple years. As has been posted multiple times in this thread and others, if it matters that much to you, take your Bronco to a shop and spend your extra $3000 to upgrade the interior.
You don't know. Certainly some people have been put off enough by the cheap interior that they simply moved on. $60k and no rear air vents!!. Insane.

Again, this is not something you find only in luxury cars. A lot of the stuff that some of us wish was better is available or standard in the Bronco Sport.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You don't know. Certainly some people have been put off enough by the cheap interior that they simply moved on. $60k and no rear air vents!!. Insane.

Again, this is not something you find only in luxury cars. A lot of the stuff that some of us wish was better is available or standard in the Bronco Sport.
Bronco Sport has a tach too.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

- The interior looks upscale and modern. Dare I say simple and masculine.

- $60k for any car is silly. I’ve been waiting for decades for Bronco to return and NOT be plush inside like today’s “SUVs.” Ford did not fail me.

- Sounds like your answer is Bronco Sport.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree but it also leads to one issue i had with the options. Why wasn’t the MGV offered as option on a trim like my OBX. I did not want leather and know I can water proof the cloth seats I ordered but likely would have been willing to pay some premium to move up from cloth to MGV. Is it because the MGV cannot accept the heated front seats?
Oh, I totally agree on the OBX but for me they completely f-ed up the outer banks trim from top to bottom(that was my original choice). Only offering two very polarizing interiors on the outer banks was a massive mistake and that was the trim level that should had a better interior because that is what they said the trim level was for. Since I hated both the blue seat option and the bronze dash option I ended up going with the badlands. Since both dash options on the outer banks are unique to the outer banks they should have had more luxury feeling parts (the blue seats were also on the first edition but I think most first edition buyers will get the black seats instead).

That said, it looks like a cost cutting measure where all the interior plastics are the same just colored differently and they have to design them with the use case of being rained on with the top down.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great comparison and helps me appreciate that the Bronco has A LOT fewer nooks, crannies and joints to collect and hold the desert dust. It will be much easier to keep clean--especially compared to the Jeep dash. I'll take utilitarian please!
yes, it is exactly what we asked for ....not a small navigator..we have those they are aviators...now they need to make the pick up version asap so I can get that one also..

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest interest is the “fun factor”. Does it ride well, have good sound, look good when washed?
I’ll get annoyed if it scratches easy (interior) but other then that, the cheap plastic won’t bother me much.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

You're funny -- both my current vehicles Mazda6 and Toyota Matrix don't have rear AC vents. They have under seat vents like Bronco and it works great. You are just here to troll. If you want leather, metal and wood glued on your plastic dash get a Lexus. Most of us Bronco buyers don't want that garbage.

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with everyone. I sat in the ones at Galpin Ford in SoCal a few months back. Those ones where definitely preproduction. I wonder if the dashboards we've seen are preproduction as well?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sat in one, it was fine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.