Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that have driven both a Baldands and a Sasquatch Bronco…

Has anyone noticed a difference in ride quality and “softness” of the suspension between the two?
Sponsored

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if the larger sidewalls of the badsquatch alone would mean a softer ride.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven four Broncos... a Big Bend w/o Sas, Badlands w/o Sas, a two Wildtraks (Sas std).

I didn't exactly get to test it on the trails because they were demo units... so I don't really think my comparison is all that valid. You'd really need to test it on the trails to figure it out, and I suspect the only way you'd be able to do that is at an Off-Roadeo.

Anyway... the Badlands felt like a smoother, more comfortable, and a more balanced ride than the Wildtrak. But I don't think it was related to the suspension. I have a feeling it was more related to the fact that the Badlands had 33" all-terrain tires and the Wildtrak had 35" mud-terrain. Not only are all-terrains more suited for the road, it also gives the Badlands a slightly lower center of gravity.

The Big Bend felt a lot more nimble and it seemed to grip the road better, especially around corners. This is probably due to a combination of things, including the tires, suspension, and the fact that the Big Bend is around 500 lbs lighter than the Badlands and Wildtrak.

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Appreciate that input on the Big Bend. If ours ever arrives, it will mostly be driven on road, so confirmation that it is significantly lighter and seems to handle better on asphalt makes me glad we chose it over the Badlands.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Wildtrak is soft but I don’t notice it while driving as much as in parkinglot or stoping and turning on back roads. Has alittle sway to it. But doesn’t effect the ride

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those that have driven both a Baldands and a Sasquatch Bronco…

Has anyone noticed a difference in ride quality and “softness” of the suspension between the two?
Now this is a educated guess based on reviews and understanding of the suspension. The Bilstein shocks can afford to be softer due to the ESCV tech. That's because at the ends of travel, they (like the progressive springs they are matched with) tend to get much stiffer over a short range without bottoming out. More conventional shocks (and I am assuming the Hitachi springs do not have the ESCV features) have to have a consistent amount of dampening throughout their travel and thus are likely to feel "stiffer" as result to prevent easy bottoming out. This difference would suggest that the Bilstein shocks are going to feel more plush until pushed out to their limits.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven four Broncos... a Big Bend w/o Sas, Badlands w/o Sas, a two Wildtraks (Sas std).

I didn't exactly get to test it on the trails because they were demo units... so I don't really think my comparison is all that valid. You'd really need to test it on the trails to figure it out, and I suspect the only way you'd be able to do that is at an Off-Roadeo.

Anyway... the Badlands felt like a smoother, more comfortable, and a more balanced ride than the Wildtrak. But I don't think it was related to the suspension. I have a feeling it was more related to the fact that the Badlands had 33" all-terrain tires and the Wildtrak had 35" mud-terrain. Not only are all-terrains more suited for the road, it also gives the Badlands a slightly lower center of gravity.

The Big Bend felt a lot more nimble and it seemed to grip the road better, especially around corners. This is probably due to a combination of things, including the tires, suspension, and the fact that the Big Bend is around 500 lbs lighter than the Badlands and Wildtrak.
You are only the second person that I have saw that says a Badlands rides better then a SAS.
Both should ride better than the lower trims that don't have Bilsteins but 98% have said SAS rides better..

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are only the second person that I have saw that says a Badlands rides better then a SAS.
Both should ride better than the lower trims that don't have Bilsteins but 98% have said SAS rides better..
It probably does off-road. I was on pavement though.

As I said in my original post... my comparison was probably invalid. Seems silly to make on-pavement comparisons for a vehicle that is designed for off-road. But that's what I did.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch suspension just rides so smooth when I'm asked what I really like about my Badlands thats my first answer it rides so smooth. When people ride thats the first thing they always say is how smooth it rides. If you drive super slow you feel bumps the faster you go the more it just soaks them up. Bilstein shocks should ride better.
Sponsored