Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You forgot that this site already decided all this cars on dirt mountain have lot rot and need to be crushed. They can’t be outside.
Completely missing the point. My problem is NOT that they will be outside. My Bronco will be a daily driver that will be parked outside 100% of the time and will be driven off road several times per month if not weekly. Driven is the key word. I’m most concerned about the issues that can develop from sitting without being driven.

Driving lubricates and moistens seals, prevents flat spots in tires, keeps the battery healthy, prevents rusting that leads to pitting on the brake rotors, and I’m sure there are other issues that can develop that I’m not mentioning. One month is one thing, four months is another. Fuel alone starts to break down after four months, maybe less.

When you pay $50k for a brand new vehicle (in my case, much more for others) I shouldn’t have to worry about what Ford has or hasn’t done to decrease the longevity and reliability of the vehicle BEFORE I even take ownership. I know some people say “You don’t have to buy the vehicle.” and that’s true, but completely beside the point. If I’m totally off base here and someone with some qualifications in automotive engineering can educate me, feel free. There’s a reason Ford includes these points in the manual.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes. They are aware and have a plan.

1630769783155.png
Thanks for sharing that.

Nice to see Mike chime in finally. I replied to a Twitter of his several weeks ago, politely asking what Fords plans are to keep stored vehicles in good shape, and all I got was silence. Not that I expect an actual response from him…

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Two of these interventions include;
“Move vehicles at least 25 feet every 15 days to lubricate working parts and prevent corrosion.”
“Start the engine every 15 days for a minimum of 15 minutes.”
The fact that there are no typos in Ford's manual language makes me think they just did a copy/paste from Toyota :)

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even better. Whats the best estimate as to how many vehicles are sitting awaiting tops? I've seen the pictures but I apologize for not knowing how many.
Hundreds? You’re a little off there buddy. Last estimate was 3500

Best estimate yet is 4335 based off of Drone footage and @brettf22 's OCD 🤣.

Drone Photo

Let the games begin, reminds me of counting how many marbles are in the jar. Had to post on my G-Drive, the forum must have changed image size rules because I have posted my drone shots before but now not even a 4MB file will upload.

Dirt Mountain
By my mostly straight up counting method (a couple sections of approximation, due to resolution, or being hidden behind objects), I get...

4335 Broncos in that drone pic.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Best estimate yet is 4335 based off of Drone footage and @brettf22 's OCD 🤣.
Yeah I almost mentioned never being very good at that “How many ____ in the jar?” game when I said I had seen the pictures. Up until just now I had never seen that drone shot. I would have never said hundreds had I seen that shot. I had only seen a few photos and the infamous video clip that shows 360 degrees of parked Broncos.
Sponsored