Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been reading through the manual to try and educate myself on my Bronco that has been built but is stuck on MIC dirt mountain, and noticed some interesting information that Ford has included.

On page 366 in the section on “Storing Your Vehicle” it mentions several interventions that should occur if the vehicle is to be stored for more than 30 days. By the time many of our Broncos are delivered, they will have been sitting for about three or four times that.

Two of these interventions include;

“Move vehicles at least 25 feet every 15 days to lubricate working parts and prevent corrosion.”

“Start the engine every 15 days for a minimum of 15 minutes.”

Does anyone know if Ford has a plan to follow its own specific guidelines with the *edit* thousands of Broncos it will have sitting for several months?

Ford Bronco “Storing your vehicle” manual page 366 70C08BF4-7C20-48E1-88A8-1D8EF8DE8413
Sponsored

Last edited:

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been reading through the manual to try and educate myself on my Bronco that has been built but is stuck on MIC dirt mountain, and noticed some interesting information that Ford has included.

On page 366 in the section on “Storing Your Vehicle” it mentions several interventions that should occur if the vehicle is to be stored for more than 30 days. By the time many of our Broncos are delivered, they will have been sitting for about three or four times that.

“Move vehicles at least 25 feet every 15 days to lubricate working parts and prevent corrosion.”

Does anyone know if Ford has a plan to follow its own specific guidelines with the hundreds of Broncos it will have sitting for several months?

70C08BF4-7C20-48E1-88A8-1D8EF8DE8413.jpeg
So... My Bronco should have been started and moved 4 times by now. Do I think they've done that? absof*ckinglutelynot

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hundreds? Off by a factor of 10.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hundreds? Off by a factor of 10.
Even better. Whats the best estimate as to how many vehicles are sitting awaiting tops? I've seen the pictures but I apologize for not knowing how many.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

According to my inside guy, not at MAP, the plan is to start and move each one 15ft weekly.
whether or not it's done is unknown.
I'd be more concerned at who they hired to move them.
Well, if true, that's reassuring.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to my inside guy, not at MAP, the plan is to start and move each one 15ft weekly.
whether or not it's done is unknown.
I'd be more concerned at who they hired to move them.
This brings to mind the detail boy posting a video where he hops into a brand new WRX , starts it and immediately takes it up 5 or 6k ...several times.
Absolute cringe.

Even better. Whats the best estimate as to how many vehicles are sitting awaiting tops? I've seen the pictures but I apologize for not knowing how many.
I thought I saw an approx count of 3500 Broncos in that one drone shot.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know if Ford has a plan to follow its own specific guidelines with the hundreds of Broncos it will have sitting for several months?

Ford Bronco “Storing your vehicle” manual page 366 70C08BF4-7C20-48E1-88A8-1D8EF8DE8413
Hundreds? You’re a little off there buddy. Last estimate was 3500

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@rugbysecondrow

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hundreds? You’re a little off there buddy. Last estimate was 3500
Hey that’s still hundreds. Thirty-five hundred!

Seriously though, the snarky replies about how I’m not up to speed on how many are sitting there is really irrelevant to my question. I don’t have the time to spend hours and hours a day on this forum to stay up to date on all the numbers.

Last edited:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who doesn't flip these MIC zombie Broncos upon delivery for a nice profit are berserker bonkers Bozos.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone who doesn't flip these MIC zombie Broncos upon delivery for a nice profit are berserker bonkers Bozos.
I haven’t ruled it out. Problem is my daily driver was totaled a month ago when some jackass made a u-turn in front of me. Wouldn’t mind flipping this bad batch Bronco for a profit and buying a 22 down the line, but I need a vehicle!

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You forgot that this site already decided all this cars on dirt mountain have lot rot and need to be crushed. They can’t be outside.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond