WmSikes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it just me, or does this “What’s in this update” message not actually tell me about anything that is in the actual update?

Ford Bronco “What’s in this [software] update” = big bag of nothing 1665842642360
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just dm Ford your vin and dealership name. I doubt they want you to experience a big bag of nothing.

they’re just letting us know they will be accessing our system any time they feel like it. See how long it’s takes for someone to get their bronco bricked.

I know gm may do 2-3 in a day. Sometimes may go weeks. I’ve gotten 4 updates in my burban over the last 2 weeks. Anytime I get it and have to hit okay, I know they’ve been in the system. I did get soft bricked on my 19 while upnorth. Truck went completely non responsive. Not even door lights. Had to unhook the battery to get it back. Was fine after that.

Id be hesitant for auto updates in poor reception areas.

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

P1?

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me, or does this “What’s in this update” message not actually tell me about anything that is in the actual update?

Ford Bronco “What’s in this [software] update” = big bag of nothing 1665842642360
Funny, I got the same update notice yesterday even though I was already on 3.5.2. Must be something related to the full screen CarPlay update that has begun to roll out.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"Think of it as a door for the others to enter through." Uh, isn't Ford already in there mining and selling our location data? That door is already wide open :LOL:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine updated the other day. Some amazon alexa icon appeared on top right of screen and my hotspot password was re set....i wasnt even hooked up to wifi???? Parked outside a motel....so weird. Mmb box that emulates car play has no full screen yet....so dsgusted with fords programmming team.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine updated the other day. Some amazon alexa icon appeared on top right of screen and my hotspot password was re set....i wasnt even hooked up to wifi???? Parked outside a motel....so weird. Mmb box that emulates car play has no full screen yet....so dsgusted with fords programmming team.
Ohh maybe this is the alexa update they announced 2 years ago. I should go force an update

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They added the option for Alexa (thanks, do not want) which then changed whatever identifies the head unit to Android Auto, which reset everything.

It also reset the defaults for phone connections to funnel notifications and such to sync instead of android, so turning them off again in AA left them happily on for the vehicle. Super annoying for threads, where it's muting the audio for every message, with no way to turn it off unless you're in park.

I do still love my truck, but Ford really REALLY needs to look at how companies like bmw and Tesla do their infotainment systems and maybe take a page from that book, because the defaults that their UX people went with are boneheaded at best.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No notification message in Fordpass, however my whole infotainment system reset in the middle of me driving yesterday. I wonder if it was due to an update 🤔

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there some thread on this site, or maybe something over at Ford listing what the various updates are for?

I have mine disabled and will keep it that way until something important comes along. I don't want the software to automatically get changed at random times.

My motto: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Funny, I got the same update notice yesterday even though I was already on 3.5.2. Must be something related to the full screen CarPlay update that has begun to roll out.
Heres what mine shows

Screenshot_20221015_225544_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20221015_225603_FordPass.jpg

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The other day I FINALLY got a message from Ford that my vehicle had been updated, but according to the app, I quite literally got nothing.

Ford Bronco “What’s in this [software] update” = big bag of nothing Screenshot_20221018_213057

Ford Bronco “What’s in this [software] update” = big bag of nothing Screenshot_20221018-213031_FordPass

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another botched roll out from @Ford Motor Company at this point I wouldn’t expect anything but confusion and false promises.
Sponsored