Sponsored

↻ What Will Your Bronco Be Up To In Ten Years? ↻

What will your Bronco be doing in ten years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Presuming the Bronco meets whatever criteria you're looking for and you purchase one, what kind of duties will it be used for, not tomorrow or the year after you buy it, but in ten years?

There are a few reasons I'm asking what it would be up to after so much time. First is that I personally have a long term plan for the next vehicle I buy, and the criteria I'm making my purchasing decision are based largely not on what I'll do with it right away or during the life of the warranty, but focused on what I intend to do with it long term -- and I'm curious how many people might have similar expectations.

The second reason I ask is because I think a lot of people are so focused on what they want now, they aren't thinking about what the Bronco means to them after the new car smell is gone; after it is paid off; after the warranty runs out; after it has a few dings or scratches from years of daily use; after it starts to have many little foibles and gremlins show themselves; after the next gen Bronco is out and this one is old and dated.

The third reason I ask is because a lot of people underestimate how important the resale value is for determining if Bronco is successful, and how much that depends on the demand for the Bronco after it does or does not prove itself as feasible or desirable for economy minded second or third owners who will (or won't) put it to use in ways that would make people who remember that new car smell cringe. A lot of what drives this image and value for Wranglers, Tacomas, and 4Runners is not what the original owner does with it, but what those who come after do with them, or what comes after the shine is gone from the paint. It has been suggested Ford doesn't care about what happens to a vehicle after its sold, but I guarantee they do -- long term enthusiasts are the ones who drive the image and cache of a vehicle. They're the ones Ford is supporting at auto shows, and appealing to with design elements from a 50 year old Bronco design.

What would your Bronco be doing ten years from now?

You can pick two. Maybe something comes close, or you have lots of expectations for it. Change your answer later.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it can tow decent it’ll probably still be my daily and I’ll built a rock crawler Jeep. If not I’ll probably end up buying a Cybertruck or electric F-150 and building it up into an off-roader and fun weekend cruiser.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It will be doing the same thing in 10 years as I would be using it for new.

-Highway trips in the winter
-Occasional towing
-Any chores that need more cargo capacity than a corvette
-Forest service road fun
-Rally-x
-TSD Rally
-Ice Racing

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same thing it will be when new...……….. Daily Driver/ Weekend Toy / Tow Rig for the Wheelers / Anything I can use it for / etc. ………… I'm getting excited to see it. We are getting close.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right now I am into exploring and doing overlanding in california, but I don't even know what city, or even state I'll live in in 10 years, let alone 3 years. One thing that's always been a constant since I was 15 (31 now) is exploring in the mountains. So that's what I'm guessing I'll be doing somewhere...My life changes so frequently, I really have no clue. I've moved 4 times in the past 12 months because of Bay area prices. I was making $130K in SF but it wasn't worth it, I had to eat 2-3 meals a day out because of time constraints, and spent easily $1000/month on that. Trying to find a place and lifestyle I like where I'm close enough to work but far away enough from the traffic....I'm moving further north every chance I get lol, and might head East into Nevada sometime.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I keep my daily vehicles for 7 ish years. So...I'll have moved on to the next.

But my kids will be of driving age by then, so if it's been a reliable rig, it may get passed down instead of sold.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very long from now hard to tell, either daily if it really is that amazing and the 7g disappoints or perhaps selling it for the next gen, I already have my truck that will never ever ever sell that serves most of my needs it just gets terrible gas mileage and is a pain to daily around town, also depends on what vehicle I am obsessing over

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t really know. It really depends on how much I like the Bronco and if something I like better comes along. It definitely isn’t a daily driver and will absolutely be modded.

Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll be tired of mine by then and ready to sell it.
Since it’s going to be mostly a un faded, non yellowed headlight garage Queen it will sell for higher than most others that are for sale.

It will have super low stated miles on the odometer, something like 30k. It will have another 5-10k or so nobody will see from pulling it with ignition/odometer off behind the rv.

It will be in bone stock, unmolested original condition with only the plug n play rv wiring kit to the factory plug and play factory tail light harness connectors. A top quality towing base plate mounted up front.

I will be the original owner, almost 60 years old and those two facts alone will make most used buyers desperate to get there hands on it when I put it for sale. Lol!

Last edited:

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine will also be mostly garage kept, low mileage but only stated mileage. I put about 10-11,000 kms on my current truck every year. Not sure how much off-roading I will do. Used to take my first truck out a lot, never really broke that truck off-roading but did break that truck a lot haha. I will be more likely to take it out if I can get manual trans and manual t-case though.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep my daily vehicles for 7 ish years. So...I'll have moved on to the next.

But my kids will be of driving age by then, so if it's been a reliable rig, it may get passed down instead of sold.
Ha! My daughter is 15, suppose to be doing some driving lessons today if she ever gets out of bed!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ha! My daughter is 15, suppose to be doing some driving lessons today if she ever gets out of bed!
7 and 9 here.

And in theory, Bronco should have enough residual value in 7 years that it'll still be worth too much to give to a kid/new driver LOL

They're getting 10 year old beige Accords anyway.
Sponsored