Sponsored

↻ What Will Your Bronco Be Up To In Ten Years? ↻

What will your Bronco be doing in ten years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7 and 9 here.

And in theory, Bronco should have enough residual value in 7 years that it'll still be worth too much to give to a kid/new driver LOL

They're getting 10 year old beige Accords anyway.
I’m hoping when he’s about 12 he shows interest in a classic so we can rebuild one over 4 years to drive when he’s 16
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m hoping when he’s about 12 he shows interest in a classic so we can rebuild one over 4 years to drive when he’s 16
Hell no LOL

Kids trash cars. Even if they treat it well, other kids will trash it for them.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell no LOL

Kids trash cars. Even if they treat it well, other kids will trash it for them.
I’d still rather spend 20k and having a project with him for 4 years than just spending 20k on a used car.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d still rather spend 20k and having a project with him for 4 years than just spending 20k on a used car.
5k for the first car. They want more...they better be saving haha

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5k for the first car. They want more...they better be saving haha
I honestly can’t find a 5k car I’d trust myself to be in anymore, much less to put my wife or kid in. I don’t care if I lose a wheel at 60, but I’m not putting them in something with that risk

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I honestly can’t find a 5k car I’d trust myself to be in anymore, much less to put my wife or kid in. I don’t care if I lose a wheel at 60, but I’m not putting them in something with that risk
My brother in law has flipped a few older Accords and for 1500 bucks, plus 1500 in parts they were very safe and reliable cars.

I mean...we rebuilt the transmissions and every piece of suspension, plus timing belts. But the the two that I still know the owners of are still trucking along in the hands of 17 year olds. One of them mows out of the back of it hahaha

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well from day one my broncos will be for play only though I might drive them to work a few times a year. In 10 years my 4 dr will still have ifs but lifted enough to fit 24x14 and 37s or something like that and retain its original engine. The 2dr is guaranteed to be linked, 1 ton swapped on boggers with whatever ford v8 fits and is my favorite at the time.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Presuming the Bronco meets whatever criteria you're looking for and you purchase one, what kind of duties will it be used for, not tomorrow or the year after you buy it, but in ten years?

There are a few reasons I'm asking what it would be up to after so much time. First is that I personally have a long term plan for the next vehicle I buy, and the criteria I'm making my purchasing decision are based largely not on what I'll do with it right away or during the life of the warranty, but focused on what I intend to do with it long term -- and I'm curious how many people might have similar expectations.

The second reason I ask is because I think a lot of people are so focused on what they want now, they aren't thinking about what the Bronco means to them after the new car smell is gone; after it is paid off; after the warranty runs out; after it has a few dings or scratches from years of daily use; after it starts to have many little foibles and gremlins show themselves; after the next gen Bronco is out and this one is old and dated.

The third reason I ask is because a lot of people underestimate how important the resale value is for determining if Bronco is successful, and how much that depends on the demand for the Bronco after it does or does not prove itself as feasible or desirable for economy minded second or third owners who will (or won't) put it to use in ways that would make people who remember that new car smell cringe. A lot of what drives this image and value for Wranglers, Tacomas, and 4Runners is not what the original owner does with it, but what those who come after do with them, or what comes after the shine is gone from the paint. It has been suggested Ford doesn't care about what happens to a vehicle after its sold, but I guarantee they do -- long term enthusiasts are the ones who drive the image and cache of a vehicle. They're the ones Ford is supporting at auto shows, and appealing to with design elements from a 50 year old Bronco design.

What would your Bronco be doing ten years from now?

You can pick two. Maybe something comes close, or you have lots of expectations for it. Change your answer later.
I need a special box to select. In 10 years my Bronco will be a very useful VIN so that I can keep my IFS IRS KOH shredder insured and registered. Plus why bother building doors and body when i'll be busy enough with the powertrain and chassis? It will make a sweet donor platform!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope it looks trail beat to hell from all the trips we will have taken!!! But still very driveable for the daily whereever/whenever.

Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No kids. So my toys are MINE! Just told my wife in 20/30/40 years it'd be really cool to be one of those "first-year, original owners" you hear about.

Last edited:

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the B&P won't be out til December and then there'll likely be delays beyond their control. Deliveries will be pushed back to 2022 and my reservation is later so I'd probably get it in 2023.

So seven years after that, my bronco will be out on the trail. Think rocks and clouds of red dust a la Blade Runner or Mad Max. The plastic badlands emblems have long since peeled off. Electric Jeeps and Cybertrucks with 40in factory tires will be racing by, occasionally stopping to gawk at my antiquated '23 EB with its rusty stabilizer bar disconnect. A couple of years after that, my bronco will join its brethren in the junk yard. Here's a preview:

2021-bronco-mystery-gray-color-jpg.jpg

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was not in a position to buy a EB between 66 to 77 due to either age or cost. And oh how I wish I could have! I was finally able to purchase a new 90, but due to family situation, kids, etc., had to sell it too soon. I learned a long time ago that I should have bought some cars that I did not and should have kept others much longer than I did. While there are a lot of unkowns between now and the distant future, I would like to make this one (as long as it passes muster, as I believe it will) a "keeper." I learned a long time ago, that THESE ARE the good old days and no matter what you think about your new bronco in the short and intermediate term, you will probably reflect affectionately when you recall what it was like to own the G6 years from now when it is gone. My only problem is that mine will be a daily driver and I put on a fair amount of miles. I will keep it as long as I can and treat it like the legend that it is for every day I am fortunate enough to own it.
Sponsored