Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a scale from A to HH, how big are the tires you like to see on a Bronco?

Some visual aides ...

If we assume the first prototype has 31" tires ...

Ford Bronco ⊙⊙ How Big Do You Like Them? ⊙⊙ Tire Scale 31s

Then a little bit of photo trickery gives us some 33s ...

Ford Bronco ⊙⊙ How Big Do You Like Them? ⊙⊙ Tire Scale 33s

Or 35s ...

Ford Bronco ⊙⊙ How Big Do You Like Them? ⊙⊙ Tire Scale 35s

Or 37s ...

Ford Bronco ⊙⊙ How Big Do You Like Them? ⊙⊙ Tire Scale 37s

And 40's ...

Ford Bronco ⊙⊙ How Big Do You Like Them? ⊙⊙ Tire Scale 40s

I'm sure someone could do a prettier job, but you get the idea. Obviously, I didn't change the spare, I'm too lazy for that tonight. I think its safe to say a lot of the renders are running rather large tires by their proportionality.

I tend to favor the 35's.
Sponsored

Wolperdinger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I can't fit 33s without cutting I'm probably not buying one.

Still debating if I care about going to 35s, would be nice for snowwheeling in these parts...

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It depends on the vehicle and size. My side by side will do on 30s what my Rubicon did on 35s, so until we get a good idea how this thing will look (and I don't mean looks wise, I mean breakover angles and such), until then that question is hard to answer. On wranglers, I'd go 35s on 2 doors and 37s on 4 doors.

For example. a cherokee on 33s will go where a 2dr rubicon on 35s will go, mainly because the belly sits so much higher on the XJ vs the wrangler frame hanging low. So it's a bit hard to figure out where the bronco will fall.

I did see some pics a while back of a superduty with 37s stuck on there no lift... I doubt that'll be the case with the bronco... but one can dream, eh? :D

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If 31's on it stock, and a Ranger(similar suspension) takes 6" lift to fit 35's (recommended), then I would say 37's is what I would try to fit.

Used to hang the belly on my TJ all the time. The Bronco looks good down there. Nice and tucked up, from what I can see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on the vehicle and size. My side by side will do on 30s what my Rubicon did on 35s, so until we get a good idea how this thing will look (and I don't mean looks wise, I mean breakover angles and such), until then that question is hard to answer. On wranglers, I'd go 35s on 2 doors and 37s on 4 doors.

For example. a cherokee on 33s will go where a 2dr rubicon on 35s will go, mainly because the belly sits so much higher on the XJ vs the wrangler frame hanging low. So it's a bit hard to figure out where the bronco will fall....
With a 6" shorter wheelbase on the 4-door, it could be at some advantage. We'll probably need to see a better side profile to see where things line up in between though.

A little birdy once told me ...

Let me just tell you 2 things I know for a fact that I don't want to share on the forum right now.
2: ... They have been beating the hell out of the Bronco with 35's AND 37's

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stampede....you seem to vacillate between not even wanting to spit on Bronco - and actually wanting to buy one. Trying to figure you out is like trying to figure my wife out. Are you female by chance??? Not that there's anything wrong with that...I'm sure we're all gender ambivalent here :)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
With a 6" shorter wheelbase on the 4-door, it could be at some advantage. We'll probably need to see a better side profile to see where things line up in between though.

A little birdy once told me ...

Let me just tell you 2 things I know for a fact that I don't want to share on the forum right now.
2: ... They have been beating the hell out of the Bronco with 35's AND 37's
37's huh? That's bigger than any IFS can handle relatively stock that I've ever heard. Full size trucks can run them but only with some mods. Definitely nothing smaller than a half ton IFS...

To answer the question, I jump between 35's and 37's. For a daily 37's are just a lot more expensive to run... but damn do they look cool. It depends on what mileage I'd be getting most likely.

Stampede....you seem to vacillate between not even wanting to spit on Bronco - and actually wanting to buy one. Trying to figure you out is like trying to figure my wife out. Are you female by chance??? Not that there's anything wrong with that...I'm sure we're all gender ambivalent here :)
Ford Bronco ⊙⊙ How Big Do You Like Them? ⊙⊙ images

Wolperdinger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know how sometimes you think about what you're going to say, and then you decide "maybe I should just keep that opinion to myself"? No? I thought not.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think for my purposes 33s would be about the biggest I'd want to go to avoid having more unsprung weight than necessary. 33s on a 17" rim should give a good amount of sidewall for hitting stuff at speed, and from what we've seen of the prototypes some proper AT tires in a 33" on the 2 door should look good proportionally.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think for my purposes 33s would be about the biggest I'd want to go to avoid having more unsprung weight than necessary. 33s on a 17" rim should give a good amount of sidewall for hitting stuff at speed, and from what we've seen of the prototypes some proper AT tires in a 33" on the 2 door should look good proportionally.
My thoughts too. Over the years of running all sorts of tires on different vehicles, 33's seem to be a nice compromise between capability and drivability.

Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bigger the better. I want 37 or larger. A lot of really big rocks here in northern Arizona. Plus it looks badass.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
33” will work while the vehicle is new and under warranty. Hopefully 35s will fit with just a budget boost type lift or just some minor trimming. I’d like 37s or maybe larger down the road as long a huge lift isn’t required.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
33” will work while the vehicle is new and under warranty. Hopefully 35s will fit with just a budget boost type lift or just some minor trimming. I’d like 37s or maybe larger down the road as long a huge lift isn’t required.
Similarly I'd like to put 35s on while its under warranty, and in a few years be looking at moving larger as I'm willing to take it to more challenging locations.

But I hope it wouldn't take anything but switching fender trim to get to 35. I'd rather let someone else test out methods of adding 4-6" for a couple years before I make that move.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
16” lift and 55s?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That last picture is really 40's, proportionally?? The new bronco must be bigger than a 1 ton then.
IE, 40's on a Raptor

Sponsored