Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Called the dealer on Monday to ask about my order and if they even had any open allocations for the next build cycle. He told me that he did and that he'd put me at the top of the list. Guess it worked.
Wait I'm a little confused. If I'm scheduled, do I have to worry about my dealer's allocations? Or does being scheduled basically guarantee the dealer is going to receive the bronco.

TP1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait I'm a little confused. If I'm scheduled, do I have to worry about my dealer's allocations? Or does being scheduled basically guarantee the dealer is going to receive the bronco.
No, you're fine if you're already scheduled. However, your dealers allocations had a direct impact on you actually getting scheduled.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Allocations are king. Stephens and Grainger early reservation holders got another kick in the sack today. Commodities have ZERO to do with getting scheduled. Glad some folks got scheduled despite a little grumpiness on my part.

Sponsored

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good thing for you that Allocation > Reservation! Awesome news and congratulations to you.
Thanks!

I had my reservation around February of the same year. I honestly don't think anyone should put any stock into 'reservation order' or even the word reservation. I've seen multiples yank a same year, hard top, constraint ridden build out of thin air.

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just called the Bronco Marketing Hotline

They indicated that my 3/7/2022 Badlands order will get rolled into MY23 and COVP will be required for all those. They will prioritize reservations first and then MY22 order holders before taking any new orders. This is the message they sent just now via email with new dates. Interesting that COVP ends on Nov. 14…they start scheduling for MY23 production Sept. 26th they said. So I guess the October dates will all be for MY23 now.

2023 MODEL YEAR CHANGEOVER AND ORDER BANK OPENING

2023 Model Year Changeover is happening soon. Due to shifts in 2022MY production schedule, the previously communicated date of August 15th for the 2023 MYCO and order bank opening has been adjusted to September 12th.
In order to continue prioritizing early order holders, we will not be taking new retail orders when the 2023 order bank opens. Prospective customers may still be able to purchase a Bronco from dealer stock orders, which we anticipate will be available in limited quantities on lower demand trims and options. We will continue to monitor the order bank status throughout the process and will provide an update on the retail order bank opening in Q4.
All remaining unscheduled 2022MY orders will be converted to 2023MY and will require verification via the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). Unconverted reservations will be required to be converted to orders and will also require verification.
More details on COVP, 23MY Content, and upcoming Customer Communications will be forthcoming in the Dealer MYCO Playbook to be issued September 7th.
KEY DATES
Aug 25 Final 22MY Orders due
Aug 29 23MY Order Guide published
Sept 1-11 WBDO closed for order conversion
Sept 7 23MY MYCO Playbook published to field/dealers
Sept 12 23MY MYCO non-retail order bank opens & COVP begins
End of Sept 23MY scheduling begins
Nov 14 COVP Ends

MamaD

Badlands
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 IH Scout 80, 48 Ford Coupe, 2014 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allocations are king. Stephens and Grainger early reservation holders got another kick in the sack today. Commodities have ZERO to do with getting scheduled. Glad some folks got scheduled despite a little grumpiness on my part.
You're exactly right. My dealer is one of those that offered a deal under invoice and took on a ton of orders. We got zero scheduled today.

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Hotline said those dates will now be for MY23.
Scheduling weeks and Production are two different things. Can you clarify which the Hotline said would be taking place in October? It sounds like they will have MY23 Scheduling weeks (for future production) based on the timeline you listed.

Sponsored

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just called the Bronco Marketing Hotline

They indicated that my 3/7/2022 Badlands order will get rolled into MY23 and COVP will be required for all those. They will prioritize reservations first and then MY22 order holders before taking any new orders. This is the message they sent just now via email with new dates. Interesting that COVP ends on Nov. 14…they start scheduling for MY23 production Sept. 26th they said. So I guess the October dates will all be for MY23 now.

2023 MODEL YEAR CHANGEOVER AND ORDER BANK OPENING

2023 Model Year Changeover is happening soon. Due to shifts in 2022MY production schedule, the previously communicated date of August 15th for the 2023 MYCO and order bank opening has been adjusted to September 12th.
In order to continue prioritizing early order holders, we will not be taking new retail orders when the 2023 order bank opens. Prospective customers may still be able to purchase a Bronco from dealer stock orders, which we anticipate will be available in limited quantities on lower demand trims and options. We will continue to monitor the order bank status throughout the process and will provide an update on the retail order bank opening in Q4.
All remaining unscheduled 2022MY orders will be converted to 2023MY and will require verification via the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). Unconverted reservations will be required to be converted to orders and will also require verification.
More details on COVP, 23MY Content, and upcoming Customer Communications will be forthcoming in the Dealer MYCO Playbook to be issued September 7th.
KEY DATES
Aug 25 Final 22MY Orders due
Aug 29 23MY Order Guide published
Sept 1-11 WBDO closed for order conversion
Sept 7 23MY MYCO Playbook published to field/dealers
Sept 12 23MY MYCO non-retail order bank opens & COVP begins
End of Sept 23MY scheduling begins
Nov 14 COVP Ends
“Aug 25 Final 22MY Orders due” — assuming this is scheduling??

So there is one more week of scheduling? Or is that just clean up?

Last edited:

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope. Hotline said those dates will now be for MY23.

This doesn't seem likely. Especially since you can technically "change your order" for MY22 until 8/25. They wouldn't allow you to change it just so its in the system prior to converting them to 2023. Cause anyone with a VIN is locked in now.

I'd bet money that there could be more scheduling today and tomorrow. As well as next Thursday/Friday to fill up some of the October Production since the previously talked about Balance Date was somewhere around 10/28 in the currently assumed schedule.

Zero chance they move that back forward unless they already know for a fact that they won't have the inventory from suppliers to produce any more 2022s. They want to get as many 2022 built as they can.

But then again... 🤷‍♂️. Just my thoughts.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're exactly right. My dealer is one of those that offered a deal under invoice and took on a ton of orders. We got zero scheduled today.
Is Ford punishing those dealers, and if so, why?

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just talked to the same person that I talked to last week at 800-334-4375, no build date but still unscheduled clean. I figure that will change next week. Trying not to be angry about it, even though I knew I wasn't getting scheduled it still has me pissed off. Too stubborn to cancel my order now, but I'm kicking it around. Thanks @Ford Motor Company - I see what 25 years of loyalty means to you
Sponsored

Last edited: