Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which packages did you order and did you keep the hardtop?
Mid package, mod bumper, tow, kept the hardtop as I want a 2 door. These things are apparently still problems. It is what it is. Rowing upstream as a 2 door order 😒
Sponsored

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm under the impression that my Bronco is still in pieces...a little iron ore here, a friskies can there, and about 5000 plastic milk jugs for the top.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is something I'm quite curious about that I suspect we will never know the true effect of until well after the fact. I know a moderate number on here switched to bump their build dates, and I know my dealer certainly made it known that a soft top would almost certainly bump you up in the 'line' at that dealership, but I know neither of these samples are necessarily indicative of the country-wide trend.
Agreed... I suppose I could have also included in the higher number of soft tops on original orders because of the MIC situation... or that simply took the advice given by dealers like yours.

I'd also be really interested to know how many get bumped to a MY23 because of all the soft top "line jumps" using up the dealer's allocation before their 2dr/MIC 4dr even get previewed.

I have a sneaking feeling this is where I'll end up. I wonder what colors I'll have to settle for when they drop carb gray in '23. 🤔

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just saw an August reservation who took delivery of their 2 door eruption green Sasquatch…

As a July 15th reservation with a 2 door basequatch on order, that is mildly infuriating. This is definitely going to be my last time in the scheduling cycle one way or another.

Aggie2000

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That have sold about 45k, the 35k is in the US only - don’t forget our friends up north. 85 minus 45 is 40, they are making 10k a month - now these will not all be reservations if half are then 8 months is a good number.
I am not sure I am following your math. The total reservations was 125K. You are saying 45K have been sold which leaves 80K. If Ford produces 10-15K a month then they should be able to fullfill the orders by August. As for me, if 190K reservations were made as of Q1 2021 and 160K of those were made in July and August, my October probably puts my order about 121 which really sucks.

Sponsored

Aggie2000

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would definitely help... but even without a second Webasto plant, I would think things should be getting back to "normal-ish" already since...

1. They were able to ramp up 2.0 production enough to clear out the MIC 1.0 backlog (i.e., by slowing HT production they basically built and fixed 6 months of tops in 3 months to catch up)... and

2. In the meantime, many people voluntarily switched to soft tops to get theirs built more quickly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if both of those are even remotely correct... and if there are no new glitches 🙄, then the MIC top production should be able to keep up with "normal" production levels... especially since there are now more softies in the queue than originally planned for. I don't see why they shouldn't already be close to cranking out MICs as fast as they originally planned.

... and it's possible the second plant is coming online to prepare for MY23 - Mod/Dual/White Heritage tops?... still, even without a second plant, there should be point soon (in MY22) at which there's enough capacity such that the MIC production is no longer an issue/constraint.

I know logic is a rarity in this debacle, but... 🤔
If you look at the production for the plant in total, I think they max out at 20-25,000 vehicles a month. I don't think there is any way Ford cuts the production for the Ranger to less than 6K a month. Even if there are no issues with hard top, I don't see how they can crank out more than 15K Broncos.

Coyote

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, + M.Benz
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just saw an August reservation who took delivery of their 2 door eruption green Sasquatch…

As a July 15th reservation with a 2 door basequatch on order, that is mildly infuriating. This is definitely going to be my last time in the scheduling cycle one way or another.
I saw that also, and it is as you say, Infuriating. to put it mildly, you step up to the plate, it took me 4 days to get my Res, Timestamp , as i was on a Slow Computer, and the FORD site was a mess, then to have a line jumper like that is , NOT RIGHT....i've been a Ford Guy for years, am am NOT HAPPY.....

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw that also, and it is as you say, Infuriating. to put it mildly, you step up to the plate, it took me 4 days to get my Res, Timestamp , as i was on a Slow Computer, and the FORD site was a mess, then to have a line jumper like that is , NOT RIGHT....i've been a Ford Guy for years, am am NOT HAPPY.....
Yeah, I get that. I’ve had 2 broncos and my current ride is an f-150, but Ford has managed to burn down 25 years of good will with this launch.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed... I suppose I could have also included in the higher number of soft tops on original orders because of the MIC situation... or that simply took the advice given by dealers like yours.

I'd also be really interested to know how many get bumped to a MY23 because of all the soft top "line jumps" using up the dealer's allocation before their 2dr/MIC 4dr even get previewed.

I have a sneaking feeling this is where I'll end up. I wonder what colors I'll have to settle for when they drop carb gray in '23. 🤔
pink-jeeps.jpg

Ckrrm3

Big Bend
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 3.5 Ecoboost, Fusion 1.6 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We have an estimate of 2,500-3,000 Bronco’s a week. This let’s you know if you are scheduled or not this round, or if you are going to be April or later. Some may choose to buy something else if not scheduled this round, I know I’m getting close to that point.
Exactly! If I don’t get scheduled, I’m done! I drive past the dealerships with 4-6 Broncos sitting there and I can’t get the one I reserved forever ago. The dealership I ordered from now has a used Badlands with 2600 miles for $70,000!

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would definitely help... but even without a second Webasto plant, I would think things should be getting back to "normal-ish" already since...

1. They were able to ramp up 2.0 production enough to clear out the MIC 1.0 backlog (i.e., by slowing HT production they basically built and fixed 6 months of tops in 3 months to catch up)... and

2. In the meantime, many people voluntarily switched to soft tops to get theirs built more quickly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if both of those are even remotely correct... and if there are no new glitches 🙄, then the MIC top production should be able to keep up with "normal" production levels... especially since there are now more softies in the queue than originally planned for. I don't see why they shouldn't already be close to cranking out MICs as fast as they originally planned.

... and it's possible the second plant is coming online to prepare for MY23 - Mod/Dual/White Heritage tops?... still, even without a second plant, there should be point soon (in MY22) at which there's enough capacity such that the MIC production is no longer an issue/constraint.

I know logic is a rarity in this debacle, but... 🤔
After the debacle of Webasto, Ford found another vendor for MY23. I don't know what happened with the second plant though.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a guy with an 8/20 reservation for a MIC top, the more the merrier. I don’t think we’ll hit theoretical plant capacity any time soon. The “constrained” volume (the next most constrained item after tops) may not even be enough to fill the second Webasto plant. I’m going off a Detroit Free Press article from August … aren’t the non-MIC tops starting in ‘23?

Generally I agree that things appear to be better - I seem to be seeing more early reservations being filled and I would say more MIC’s too. To you point it was impressive they were apparently able to support line production and clean out the bulk(?) of dirt mountain. I am hoping for mid-year delivery.
With all the new COVID going on right now plants will /have slow down . I work for a company that makes ceiling grid and are plant in Michigan is down to one shift no workers are Maryland plant has 40 people out and are CA slitter had only 2 worker for last 2 weeks and vegas plant had to send workers there so the vegas plant can get steel to run.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just want to give some hope to people. My build week has been holding for a few weeks at 2/7/22 since I was initially scheduled for 1/31/22. I would think it would have been changed by now if it was going to change since scheduling is this week. Probably jinxed it but ehhh. Trying to help counter the FUD that is so prevalent right now.

Sponsored