Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those that may have never understood Ford’s scheduling that has been used for years maybe this will at least help explain the complexity.

1. Dealer has to have allocation.
2. Reservation does matter. It is where you sit in the dealers order previews. If way down the preview list doubtful you will get previewed until you get in the top 20-50 orders. Retail priority comes after reservation time stamp.
3. Constraints do not matter UNTIL you are previewed
4. Where did the dealer get selected in the random preview draw.
5. The first res/priority for each dealer is the only vehicle previewed in Round 1. Round 2 it’s the 2nd res/priority, etc.

It's really just going to depend on how many Bronco's your dealer sold and where you sit in that preview line and where the dealer sits in the preview line. Once you are in the dealers TOP 50 dealer's preview orders...then is when you are more concerned about constraints and whether they will make a difference getting selected.

For a VERY SIMPLE Analogy. Scheduling is VERY complex. From my understanding it works similar to the below scenario.

Using Dealer A and Dealer B

Each dealer that has allocation and orders are picked up as previewed orders by the scheduling system. Previewing reviews each order to make sure they have parts to schedule to build based on time stamp or priority.

Preview scheduling is basically like the NFL draft, with allocation being the number of "selections" a dealer can get during the draft previews. Round 1 of all the dealers preview and they select builds based on available commodities. Round 2, Round 3, etc. until schedule is full. When commodities expire every preview thereafter with that commodity will be skipped. Depending on what other dealers have in their preview order, commodities could go quickly or last much longer.

Example Ford Bronco Commodity Constraints

5% PPF
30% Mic Tops
50% 2.7 Engine
25% Manual Trans

Let's say Dealer A and Dealer B both get 3 allocations.

Dealer A - Previews

Badlands Manual with Mic Top. Priority 10 or Early Time Stamp
WildTrak Manual with Mic Top. Priority 15 or Later Time Stamp than above.
Outer Banks 2.7 Engine. Priority 19 or Later Time Stamp than the above.

Dealer B - Previews

Badlands 2.3 with Manual, PPF. Priority 10 or Early Time Stamp
Big Bend 2.3 with Manual PPF. Priority 11 or Later Time Stamp than the above.
Base 2.3 with Manual and Mic Top. Priority 12 or Later time Stamp than the above
Badlands with 2.7. Priority 13 or Later time Stamp than the above.
WildTrak - No constraints. Priority 17 or Later time Stamp than the above.
OuterBanks- No constraints. Priority 19 or Later time Stamp than the above.
Badlands - No Constraints. Priority 19 or Later time Stamp than the above.

Let's say Dealer A is scheduled first and dealer B is the LAST dealer in the scheduling rotation.

1. System look at Dealer A's first order, commodities are still available so it gets scheduled for build.
2. System get's to Dealer B's first order and is out of PPF before it gets there so Dealer B doesn't get a unit scheduled.
3. Round 2 Preview. Dealer A gets his second order scheduled because commodities are still available.
4. Round 2, get to the last Dealer, Dealer B, and again, Dealer B's second order also has PPF and doesn't get a unit scheduled.
5. Round 3 Preview. Dealer A's 3rd order in his preview order list is selected because commodities are still available, but the DEALER HAS NOW REACHED HIS ALLOCATION (3 units).
6. Dealer B's 3rd Round preview, but let's assume the Mic Tops were exhausted in the first two rounds of previews, so the Dealer's 3rd order is NOT selected again.
7. Dealer A is skipped in the 4th Round as they have met their allocation.
7. Dealer B's 4th Round preview. Let's also say all 2.7's were exhausted in the first 3 rounds, and the dealer's 4th vehicle previewing has a 2.7, so again, no unit is scheduled.
8. Over the Next 3 rounds Dealer A is continually skipped as they met their allocation. Dealer B also gets his last 3 non constrained builds scheduled meeting his allocation.

So when the previewing is completed Dealer A (because he was randomly selected early in the process) was able to get 3 hard to get builds (constrained items) while Dealer B only got non constrained builds. So some of this does seem to be the luck of the draw of where the dealer is in the preview process. You can also see how dealer stock may get built, because if they run out of constrained commodities, but still have allocation, they could select to build dealer stock.

On the flip side, if you reversed Dealer A and Dealer B, Dealer B would have gotten some of his constrained orders built first.

Also you can see why it wouldn't really matter if you were WAY down in the preview list as either the schedule would be full or most of the commodities would be gone by that time and you would never be previewed.

Hope this helps some understand how builds are previewed and selected.

Last edited:

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch / A7 / XC60 / Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those that may have never understood Ford’s scheduling that has been used for years maybe this will at least help explain the complexity.

2. Reservation does matter. It is where you sit in the dealers order previews. If way down the preview list doubtful you will get previewed until you get in the top 20-50 orders. Retail priority comes after reservation time stamp.
4. Where did the dealer gets selected in the random preview draw.
5. The first res/priority for each dealer is the only vehicle previewed in Round 1. Round 2 it’s the 2nd res/priority, etc.

It's really just going to depend on how many Bronco's your dealer sold and where you sit in that preview line and where the dealer sits in the preview line. Once you are in the dealers TOP 50 dealer's preview orders...then is when you are more concerned about constraints and whether they will make a difference getting selected.

For a VERY SIMPLE Analogy. Scheduling is VERY complex. From my understanding it works similar to the below scenario.

Each dealer that has allocation and orders are picked up as previewed orders by the scheduling system. Previewing reviews each order to make sure they have parts to schedule to build based on time stamp or priority.

Preview scheduling is basically like the NFL draft, with allocation being the number of "selections" a dealer can get during the draft previews. Round 1 of all the dealers previews and they select builds based on available commodities. Round 2, Round 3, etc. until schedule is full. When commodities expire every preview thereafter with that commodity will be skipped. Depending on what other dealers have in their preview order, commodities could go quickly or last much longer.

5% PPF
30% Mic Tops
50% 2.7 Engine
25% Manual Trans

Dealer A - Previews

Dealer B - Previews

Base 2.3 with Manual and Mic Top. Priority 12 or Later time Stamp than the above

Let's say Dealer A is scheduled first and dealer B is the LAST dealer in the scheduling rotation.

1. System look at Dealer A's first order, commodities are still available so it gets scheduled for build.
2. System get's to Dealer B's first order and is out of PPF before it gets there so Dealer B doesn't get a unit scheduled.
3. Round 2 Preview. Dealer A gets his second order scheduled because commodities are still available.
4. Round 2, get to the last Dealer, Dealer B, and again, Dealer B's second order also has PPF and doesn't get a unit scheduled.
5. Round 3 Preview. Dealer A's 3rd order in his preview order list is selected because commodities are still available, but the DEALER HAS NOW REACHED HIS ALLOCATION (3 units).
6. Dealer B's 3rd Round preview, but let's assume the Mic Tops were exhausted in the first two rounds of previews, so the Dealer's 3rd order is NOT selected again.
7. Dealer B's 4th Round preview. Let's also say all 2.7's were exhausted in the first 3 rounds, and the dealer's 4th vehicle previewing has a 2.7, so again, no unit is scheduled.
8. Over the Next 3 rounds Dealer A is continually skipped as they met their allocation. Dealer B also gets his last 3 non constrained builds scheduled meeting his allocation.

So when the previewing is completed Dealer A (because he was randomly selected early in the process) was able to get 3 hard to get builds (constrained items) while Dealer B only got non constrained builds. So some of this does seem to be the luck of the draw of where the dealer is in the preview process. You can also see how dealer stock may get built, because if they run out of constrained commodities, but still have allocation, they could select to build dealer stock.

On the flip side, if you reversed Dealer A and Dealer B, Dealer B would have gotten some of his constrained orders built first.

Also you can see why it wouldn't really matter if you were WAY down in the preview list as either the schedule would be full or most of the commodities would be gone by that time and you would never be previewed.

Ford Bronco ⏱ Bronco Scheduling Next Week (3/21) For Build Weeks 5/9 Through 5/23 1648265640598

Sponsored

KenNessee

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can check...you just call 800.334.4375 and give them your order number (4 characters) and dealer/sales code (1 letter, 5 numbers). You can get those from your dealer. Good luck. I also have no res or VIN. Fingers crossed for 2022!
My dealer gave me an 8 digit order number and swears that's the number. Ford.com asks for four. Awesome.

CWL

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2018 F150, 2022 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer gave me an 8 digit order number and swears that's the number. Ford.com asks for four. Awesome.
Order Code is 4 digits and is on your DORA

KenNessee

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order Code is 4 digits and is on your DORA
So order code and order number are one in the same? Got it thanks. Random numbers he gave me didn't match anything on there.

CWL

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2018 F150, 2022 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So order code and order number are one in the same? Got it thanks. Random numbers he gave me didn't match anything on there.
Not quite. I don't know if its just an effort in confusion on Ford's part or what. When I got my original order email from ford I had an 8 digit "order number" but that is different than the 4 digit code on the paperwork (ford order sheet) that includes the sales code, priority code, etc

10Terp

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Expedition, '12 Mustang GT, '06 Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, maybe next month. Seems like Ford decided to crank out mainly badlands this go-round. Congrats to all who got their dates.

Not sure if I’m going to hang out in these threads on scheduling days anymore. I find myself getting really frustrated and mad that people with more constraints and later reservation dates get scheduled over me. I really don’t like feeling that way over what is ultimately just a want. Have to keep things in perspective, it’s not like we’re dealing with our country being attacked like millions are dealing with right now.

Good luck to all!

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

4. Where did the dealer get selected in the random preview draw.

Preview scheduling is basically like the NFL draft, with allocation being the number of "selections" a dealer can get during the draft previews. Round 1 of all the dealers preview and they select builds based on available commodities. Round 2, Round 3, etc. until schedule is full. When commodities expire every preview thereafter with that commodity will be skipped. Depending on what other dealers have in their preview order, commodities could go quickly or last much longer.

5% PPF
30% Mic Tops
50% 2.7 Engine
25% Manual Trans

Dealer A - Previews

Dealer B - Previews

So, any idea how they pick the order that they run through the dealers? Some arbitrary good old boy system, sales volume, regional sales volume, tarot card reading?

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like I didn't get scheduled on either of my orders. But I did find a Big Bend in New Jersey with an amount over MSRP that wasn't too painful. And I just had a windfall from flipping my Maxima to Carvana so I went for it, because who knows when I'll get my ordered BB with the supply issues getting worse.

I'm think the girl in the background may have thought I was taking a picture of her.

The road noise wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although motorcycles sound like they're inside the car with me.

Ford Bronco ⏱ Bronco Scheduling Next Week (3/21) For Build Weeks 5/9 Through 5/23 PXL_20220325_192318965

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i'll never get this bronco this year, i reserved late, 10/19/2020
I’m a late 9/20 reservation and got my scheduled build week yesterday. Anything is possible. Or impossible

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did not receive an email but dealer called and said I have been scheduled for week of 5/16. Reservation date was 9/20/20. Changed order 4-5 times and switched from Lux to high and dropped tow package about a month ago. Kind of in shock still.
Sponsored