Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I will tell all that are here that I am the reason for all the delays in the Bronco world. I have a curse, it has been affecting me and the relatives in my family for many generations. Let me explain how it works using examples for the past say 24 years:

Bought a brand new refrigerator from Sears when my wife and I bought our first house together. It was delivered on a Friday morning, we went to the beach for the weekend and came home Sunday morning to find the entire first floor of our house flooded with water. Someone on the assembly line didn't attach the ice maker hose to the ice maker so it ran the ENTIRE WEEKEND, the carpet was a total loss and after Sears took the cost of carpet minus its age from the equation we ended up forking out about $1500 more for carpet that we didn't want to replace.

I bought my wife a VW Passat, her dream car of the time. Nice little 4 cylinder engine, only had 24,000 miles on the odometer. Fun car, loaded with everything that we could get at the time. Started leaking oil on the driveway. It went to the shop 5x where the engine was removed and the gasket was replaced each time because it was tearing and leaking. Turns out there was a bur on the crank that was tearing the gasket.

Bought my wife another car once, cute little Pontiac Vibe. She fell in love during one trip to Disney during the time that GM had the Racetrack ride. BRAND FREAKING NEW, 32 on the odometer when we drove it off the lot. Check engine light was on before we got home! Said it needed a new fuel cap. Took it back, changed it, light back on . . . They had the BRAND NEW CAR for 88 days before they realized that there was a loose hose clamp at the filler tub connection at the fuel tank.

Bought a nice little X3 (edit: Pretty sure this is code for "wife"), day three of owning it, girl on bike rides out (illegally) into traffic on her bike and impacts the car. $6500 worth of damage done! And of course she is not responsible for any of it because she was riding a bike, even know she got the ticket from the State Trooper.

Please do not think that I am in any way, shape or form complaining about these few examples of my curse. I am just laying down the ground work for my explanation as to why the Bronco issues are my fault and not the fault of: FORD, COVID, RUSSIA, BIDEN, TRUMP, EXXON, SHELL, RAIN, WAR on DRUGS, WAR on TERRIORISM, AVON, WALMART, TARGET, MY HIGH SCHOOL GUIDEANCE COUSELOR (another story in of itself), or GLOBAL WARMING. The BRONCO delays are my fault because . . . (wait for it) . . . I ORDERED ONE! That's it in a nutshell, wrapped up like a present with a big red bow. If I had never ordered one, this whole thing would not be a problem for all of you that have reservations and orders and have heard nothing from FORD.

For this I humbly apologize and beg forgiveness from all. Also, for those that have ordered a WILDTRAK edition, again my fault. You all are really going to be screwed!
You buy a lot of wives.
Sponsored

Ewebster

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have yet to get scheduled for my Wildtrak (7/27/20 res), but I saw 4 different Wildtraks driving around my area (Houston) over the past 3 weeks.
Are you apart of any of the Houston Bronco Groups?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will tell all that are here that I am the reason for all the delays in the Bronco world. I have a curse, it has been affecting me and the relatives in my family for many generations. Let me explain how it works using examples for the past say 24 years:

Bought a brand new refrigerator from Sears when my wife and I bought our first house together. It was delivered on a Friday morning, we went to the beach for the weekend and came home Sunday morning to find the entire first floor of our house flooded with water. Someone on the assembly line didn't attach the ice maker hose to the ice maker so it ran the ENTIRE WEEKEND, the carpet was a total loss and after Sears took the cost of carpet minus its age from the equation we ended up forking out about $1500 more for carpet that we didn't want to replace.

I bought my wife a VW Passat, her dream car of the time. Nice little 4 cylinder engine, only had 24,000 miles on the odometer. Fun car, loaded with everything that we could get at the time. Started leaking oil on the driveway. It went to the shop 5x where the engine was removed and the gasket was replaced each time because it was tearing and leaking. Turns out there was a bur on the crank that was tearing the gasket.

Bought my wife another car once, cute little Pontiac Vibe. She fell in love during one trip to Disney during the time that GM had the Racetrack ride. BRAND FREAKING NEW, 32 on the odometer when we drove it off the lot. Check engine light was on before we got home! Said it needed a new fuel cap. Took it back, changed it, light back on . . . They had the BRAND NEW CAR for 88 days before they realized that there was a loose hose clamp at the filler tub connection at the fuel tank.

Bought a nice little X3, day three of owning it, girl on bike rides out (illegally) into traffic on her bike and impacts the car. $6500 worth of damage done! And of course she is not responsible for any of it because she was riding a bike, even know she got the ticket from the State Trooper.

Please do not think that I am in any way, shape or form complaining about these few examples of my curse. I am just laying down the ground work for my explanation as to why the Bronco issues are my fault and not the fault of: FORD, COVID, RUSSIA, BIDEN, TRUMP, EXXON, SHELL, RAIN, WAR on DRUGS, WAR on TERRIORISM, AVON, WALMART, TARGET, MY HIGH SCHOOL GUIDEANCE COUSELOR (another story in of itself), or GLOBAL WARMING. The BRONCO delays are my fault because . . . (wait for it) . . . I ORDERED ONE! That's it in a nutshell, wrapped up like a present with a big red bow. If I had never ordered one, this whole thing would not be a problem for all of you that have reservations and orders and have heard nothing from FORD.

For this I humbly apologize and beg forgiveness from all. Also, for those that have ordered a WILDTRAK edition, again my fault. You all are really going to be screwed!
Do you need a hug today?

skeiling

Raptor
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram trx, Tesla x, mustang gt500, bronco one day
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you have a VIN then this thread has nothing to do with you.
It kinda does, in a round about way at least. Meaning if you have a VIN/build date for a production week previous to August, but then the build was delayed until August...? If that makes sense.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It kinda does, in a round about way at least. Meaning if you have a VIN/build date for a production week previous to August, but then the build was delayed until August...? If that makes sense.
No it doesn't. Don't try to force some contrarian crap in here. If you already have a scheduled build date this thread isn't for you, or has no bearing on anything happening with you. Nothing about this will change anyone who already has a date. If anything a preexisting scheduled build that slips into August impacts the people getting dates this week more than the other way.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve worn out the refresh button for today. Maybe Thursday. After this much time, how do we still have hope?

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve worn out the refresh button for today. Maybe Thursday. After this much time, how do we still have hope?
Give that poor button a break, smash it on Thursday

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1FMEE5DP3NLA74686
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, my build date got moved again. My email from Ford had the VIN and a build week of 6/20, but checking last week (with the dealer) that date was moved to BW 6/27 with a BD of 6/29. Today I checked with the dealer again and he is showing a BW of 7/25, BD of 7/29 and an ETA to the dealer of 9/2 - 9/8.
I suppose I need to just stop tracking this because its just stressing me out. I don't NEED the Bronco but I sure WANT it!
The manager told me he has been waiting for his Bronco since it was completed in March. Its sitting on a lot somewhere waiting for chips.
Real interesting why Ford continues to build with the knowledge they can't deliver & get paid for the product.
Dale
The wait is real just stopping stress out lol mine is finally got chips and my build date was January 28

Asher1774

Badlands
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK I got a call from my dealer says my build for my Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, Hardtop 2.7L is for 6.27.22 I got a vin number how do i see where its actually scheduled it just shows order confirmed in the tracker??

Afisher83

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bought a nice little X3, day three of owning it, girl on bike rides out (illegally) into traffic on her bike and impacts the car. $6500 worth of damage done! And of course she is not responsible for any of it because she was riding a bike, even know she got the ticket from the State Trooper.

Why would anyone love a Pontiac Vibe?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK I got a call from my dealer says my build for my Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, Hardtop 2.7L is for 6.27.22 I got a vin number how do i see where its actually scheduled it just shows order confirmed in the tracker??
You just got a call for a build of 6-27 today?
Sponsored