Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not like it used to be, VINs are definitely distributed without an assigned build week now. While it does usually happen in the vicinity (well, relatively speaking time-wise) of being scheduled, a VIN isn't the definite sign of an assigned build week it perviously was.
When did this change? First I have heard of this. Everything I have read on every Ford site says they go hand in hand.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When did this change? First I have heard of this. Everything I have read on every Ford sit says they go hand in hand.
That was my understanding as well, but my assigned build week lagged behind my VIN assignment by about three weeks.

I was very excited to learn from Ford CS that I had a VIN, but both they and the dealer confirmed at that time that I did not have a production week assigned. Finally found out last week that I have a build week.

MY22 is lawless shenaniganry

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was my understanding as well, but my assigned build week lagged behind my VIN assignment by about three weeks.

I was very excited to learn from Ford CS that I had a VIN, but both they and the dealer confirmed at that time that I did not have a production week assigned. Finally found out last week that I have a build week.

MY22 is lawless shenaniganry
Good to know, but I would still say they go hand in hand since you have a date now. I think yours is an exception and not the norm that they were not assigned at the same time.

JD155

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It blows my mind how many bronco’s are sitting on dealer lots (especially 2 doors) and yet people are still waiting on their builds. I am not hopeful that I will be put on the schedule this week.
Agreed, there are four @ my dealer.. One is a mannequin/demo which is for sale. And the other three are customer orders who backed out & the dealer kept. Needless to say they are $15K over MSRP smh.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
reserved 7-2020, converted 1-25-21 produced 12-5-21 and as of today my21 waiting on chips. I work at a huge dealership and I am selling 2022's left and right
Son of Ahh....

Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not like it used to be, VINs are definitely distributed without an assigned build week now. While it does usually happen in the vicinity (well, relatively speaking time-wise) of being scheduled, a VIN isn't the definite sign of an assigned build week it perviously was.
I received mine a month ago and i am scheduled to be scheduled 4/4... I hope.

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed, there are four @ my dealer.. One is a mannequin/demo which is for sale. And the other three are customer orders who backed out & the dealer kept. Needless to say they are $15K over MSRP smh.
It’s infuriates me to hear that! How would dealerships owners like it if they went to the hospital for a procedure and were told they would be paying 20k extra for their services because doctors are in high demand? I’m sure it would not go over very well with them. I really hope Ford with holds hot item vehicles instead of throwing around empty threats.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s infuriates me to hear that! How would dealerships owners like it if they went to the hospital for a procedure and were told they would be paying 20k extra for their services because doctors are in high demand? I’m sure it would not go over very well with them. I really hope Ford with holds hot item vehicles instead of throwing around empty threats.
Depending on how the orders where placed and how the possible owners backed out, they have the right to do that.

If the purchaser backed out because of an ADM on their Bronco when it came in, that is BS. But if they backed out for whatever reason on their own accord, the dealership can do whatever they want because its part of their floorplan pricing.

New car pricing off the lot is a shit show anywhere you go-I've seen Nissan Dealerships charging 20% extra on all their products and a local Ford dealership had a 5K markup on a Maverick back in October is now $7.5K on another one they have on the lot.

Supply issues aren't going to get any better nor is fuel prices any time soon.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have a VIN you should have a date. Congrats. :)
I feel special, I have a VIN and have now had 3 build dates.
The latest is for the week of April 4th. I hope I don't get bumped again!

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How close to a reported build week would we know whether or not we're getting constructed? I know reservation holders get the emails, and I think the backdoor tracker shows production dates, but walk-in orders don't seem to receive emails and our tracker only lists when a vehicle has entered production.

Is it a matter of just keeping watch?

Sponsored

Mannym5

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD, 2016 BMW M2, 2001 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't lose all hope yet for this 4/4-5/2 scheduling round...

I had no vin/scheduling week as of this past Friday 3/4 confirmed by my dealer, ford tracking sites, and through the ford chat.

Today I asked my dealer to drop tow to increase my chances in the next scheduling round and as they go in to make the change they see my build is locked and scheduled for 4/18 production week.

I have not received an email from ford and my tracking sites still show that I am only in the "order confirmed" process. Ford chat just confirmed my 4/18 production week.

Last edited:

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The backdoor link says I have a production week of 4/11. The dealer couldn't find a VIN. I just called the Bronco Hotline. They were able to give me the VIN, but said I didn't have a production date yet and that the tracker showed I was still in ordering. I haven't received any emails. This is all over the place. At least, it feels like I'm getting somewhere finally. OBX MIC 2.7 Lux Tow A51.

One thing I'll note, when using the VIN on the vehicle tracking status page, the 4 digit order code I got when I re-ordered in October doesn't work, but the original code from my order last March does work and it's showing the correct build.

naturesmith

Big Bend
First Name
Elaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi All!
New here. Ordered 12-21-2021. Got several build weeks starting at 2/28, a few in March and the latest is 4/4. Hoping this is the one that sticks!
Elaine
Big Bend, mid, 2.3L, 4dr, soft top, eruption green, sandstone seats (does ANYONE else have this seat color? I love it!)

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't lose all hope yet for this 4/4-5/2 scheduling round...

I had no vin/scheduling week as of this past Friday 3/4 confirmed by my dealer, ford tracking sites, and through the ford chat.

Today I asked my dealer to drop tow to increase my chances in the next scheduling round and as they go in to make the change they see my build is locked and scheduled for 4/18 production week.

I have not received an email from ford and my tracking sites still show that I am only in the "order confirmed" process. Ford chat just confirmed my 4/18 production week.
I didn’t have reservation and I get emails. I got the production email from Ford about 3 weeks from my original build date and then went backwards due to the chip constraints. Originally 2/14 and now 4/18 build week. Received 6 emails after my production email all pushing me back. Once you get writhing 3 weeks of build you should start seeing emails.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn’t have reservation and I get emails. I got the production email from Ford about 3 weeks from my original build date and then went backwards due to the chip constraints. Originally 2/14 and now 4/18 build week. Received 6 emails after my production email all pushing me back. Once you get writhing 3 weeks of build you should start seeing emails.
Nice so maybe I'll get an email at the end of the month, since I'm looking at a 4/18 build.
Sponsored