Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh NO...say it ain't so. I'm going to have to get back on the meds. Here we go again...Ford is the MAN screwing us. I've been waiting since 12/09/21. How much more pain do I have to endure. How's that. ;)
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know people keep on saying that—been repeated ad nauseam since October at the very least, if not before then.

BUT, worth pointing out that the vast majority of people who reserved a Bronco did so within the first week, and most of those did so within the first 24-48 hours. It isn't like the early reservation holders are some super exclusive club that only accounts for 5% of the total number of reservations. So saying that Ford doesn't care about early reservation holders is like saying Ford doesn't care about the vast majority of people who reserved and ordered a Bronco.

They just built a poorly thought-out reservation system that assumed there wasn't going to be a worldwide supply chain crisis that severely limited which configurations they could build. And to make matters worse, the people who reserved first probably are also in the more enthusiast crowd of people who are likely to order the constrained items.
I know you'll be labeled as a "Ford apologist," but I think you're right.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True. This is also why the Chevy reservation system with the electric Silverado is very clear that the reservation is with the dealer you choose; not with Chevy. They made it clear the business you’re buying from is the dealership and you’ll live and die by that choice.
Ford had to learn this lesson the hard way. (And ain’t doing anything to help out you guys who are hosed.)
That's why the system has to change. We should be ordering directly from Ford and choosing how and where we take delivery.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They already scheduled up to 3/28. They probably just have a lot of cleaning up to do.

D0342550-042F-426C-9BAD-A6A93C5E70E1.jpeg

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sounds like it is an issue with your dealer and lack of allocations. Lost of summer 2020 orders have March and April build dates.
Sense dealership don't know how many allocations they getting each month and who know how many orders the dealer has and ford doing mostly the easy orders

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bullshit.

Ford revealed Bronco during the middle of the supply chain nonsense and even if supply chain was an issue there is NO EXCUSE for Ford to be building a fresh walk ins order ahead of a long term reservation holders REGARDLESS of allocation status.

Maybe when some of the Ford apologists are at day 500+ of waiting they'll sing a different tune.
Nah, it was revealed in July 2020 back when there was a surplus of vehicles on dealership lots since very few people were actually traveling. The only shortages we had at that time was medical gear and toilet paper (never understood the latter one, but hey, whatever). Also a good chance this reservation system was thought up months before they revealed the Bronco and probably even months before Covid hit North America.

Anyway, not saving Ford is blameless in this whole thing. Obviously there was missteps along the way, obviously the public messaging around reservations didn't take into account the allocation system, and obviously these component shortages has exposed extreme weaknesses not only in Ford's supply chain, but also in the automobile industry as a whole. I'm just saying it is silly to think that Ford doesn't care about early reservation holders when we are the vast majority of the customers who ordered a Bronco and are making the Bronco such a success.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah, it was revealed in July 2020 back when there was a surplus of vehicles on dealership lots since very few people were actually traveling. The only shortages we had at that time was medical gear and toilet paper (never understood the latter one, but hey, whatever). Also a good chance this reservation system was thought up months before they revealed the Bronco and probably even months before Covid hit North America.

Anyway, not saving Ford is blameless in this whole thing. Obviously there was missteps along the way, obviously the public messaging around reservations didn't take into account the allocation system, and obviously these component shortages has exposed extreme weaknesses not only in Ford's supply chain, but also in the automobile industry as a whole. I'm just saying it is silly to think that Ford doesn't care about early reservation holders when we are the vast majority of the customers who ordered a Bronco and are making the Bronco such a success.
If Ford cared about early reservation people we would be getting our Broncos built before walk ins that are ordering the SAME EXACT THING.

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I promise you guys the wait is worth it once you get it. I hate seeing people getting pushed back more and more and I went through it as well but once you get it and see what Ford did to this incredible machine you are going to fall in love and be grateful you waited it out to get your perfect spec!

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I promise you guys the wait is worth it once you get it. I hate seeing people getting pushed back more and more and I went through it as well but once you get it and see what Ford did to this incredible machine you are going to fall in love and be grateful you waited it out to get your perfect spec!
I’m still waiting but I did attend an Off Rodeo event and had I not done that I would’ve canceled my Bronco order and ordered a Jeep.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree although I’m still waiting but I did attend an Off Rodeo event and had I not done that I would’ve canceled my Bronco order and ordered a Jeep.

95buckeye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who cares at this point. Maybe itll give em time to fix all the 2.7s blowing up. Long term this is going to really sting Ford. So many disgruntled people wont even sniff another one. Looking forward to next gen 4Runner.

IDFM

Big Bend
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think Ford has given up - they realize they have no credibility with reservation holders and really don't care - I was excited about my Bronco back in July 2020 when i made reservation, now I just t ell everyone i know how terrible Ford is

qbd1414

Big Bend
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just go into a dealer maybe not the current dealer you have a reservation in and order one you can get ... you currently can't order what half of you have on order so no one is walking in and getting the exact same order... you can't order 2.7's, you can't order tow package, you can't order hard top, but if you order a 2.3 soft top four door it will get picked up next scheduling ... most likely... so just order that and then trade it in when your original order gets here... either way you have to wait, take advantage that while there is dealer markup people are making money off trades, or just keep waiting but as you wait more and more "easy" broncos will be built they can't stop production because your vehicle cannot be build. You either sit and mope or become smarter and learn to play the system, it isn't a secret Ford has sent communication that says hard tops, tow package, paint protection, steel, and 2.7's all have constraints and in limited supply on top of chip supplies so basically the more they make the less parts they will have to build your highly constrained vehicle so that will just push your vehicle down the list even more, so if you need one now then order one you know they can build but don't use your reservation just walk in.
Sponsored