Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ice Mountain needs to be cleared out first. Which makes sense, especially as it would be a massive load of chip-centered components coming in to release them all out to their anxious customers......

2022 will be another bad year for manufacturing :(

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a typical scheduling week if they are trying to maintain their normal cadence of scheduling 2 months ahead on the 4th (?) week of the month or whatever they were trying to normalize to.

I think they will continue to build new ones once they get their shipments of missing chip modules even though they have the build up on Ice Mountain. It may end up being they ship later built models before they can get the Ice Mountains ones caught up with the missing components.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any word on Ranger. Just curious since they are running the same line with our Bronco. Without Ranger as well, this would shutter MAP, no?

I'm on Ice Mountain so, there is that, but, it is going to be a rough year again by the sounds of things.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not surprising considering this entire launch has been a debacle and at this rate people will be driving around in Raptors before most day 1 folks get their regular Broncos.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've already filled most of April with all the build week shuffling. Deliveries are pushed out into May. Doesn't make much sense even if it was a typical scheduling week.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any word on Ranger. Just curious since they are running the same line with our Bronco. Without Ranger as well, this would shutter MAP, no?

I'm on Ice Mountain so, there is that, but, it is going to be a rough year again by the sounds of things.
Right now they're scheduled out until the last week or two of March. If MAP has to shut down this week for any reason that means the February builds become March builds and March becomes April.

Either way, I would imagine Ford will do whatever it'll takes to keep production up and running. Costs them more money to shut down production than it does to keep it running. So they'll keep it running as long as they can, even if it means cutting shifts or parking new vehicles in a field somewhere.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This isn’t saying they’re skipping production weeks, just that they’re not filling in the schedule yet. They’re trying to run the plants lean given the volatility in manufacturing. “Keeping their options open”

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn’t be shocked if there’s also parts shortages from the blockade.
Don’t be shocked…. Reports indicate the Ford plants impacted are a engine factory in Windsor, Ontario and an assembly plant in Oakville, Ontario. I think the Bronco’s 2.3 liter is assembled in the U.S. (Cleveland) while the 2.7 liter is made in Lima, Ohio. So the blockade should have no impact on the Michigan plant.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t be shocked…. Reports indicate the Ford plants impacted are a engine factory in Windsor, Ontario and an assembly plant in Oakville, Ontario. I think the Bronco’s 2.3 liter is assembled in the U.S. (Cleveland) while the 2.7 liter is made in Lima, Ohio. So the blockade should have no impact on the Michigan plant.
Yes I think that one produces the 7l looking further. Thankfully not the 2.3 or 2.7.
Sponsored