Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Covid didn't cause this issue, it just exposed how all our manufacturing jobs no longer exist in this country. Manufacturing has left due to EPA regulations (that other countries don't have to compete with) and a long list of other issues that raise the costs to manufacture on US soil.

When the shareholders demand profits, the CEO's and Board of Directors seek cheap manufacturing which is overseas or south of the border.

With over 53,000 Ford vehicles awaiting chips in some form, wonder how that shareholder value is working out?
Chip shortage is more about manufacturers going to "just in time" than anything else. These parts typically arrive in order to fulfill current production demand. There is no stockpile of parts. When production stops on the chip end, you can produce much of the vehicle; however, without the required chips it either loses non-essential functionality and can be shipped or it loses road-going capability and cannot. GM has sent trucks out without seat heaters, blind spot, etc and will have dealers install when chips supply catches up. Ford has chosen to sit on the vehicles and ship them when absolutely complete. I just want a build date for my July 2020 reservation.
Sponsored

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
heavy sigh... the wait continues...

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When I ordered on 10/30/2022 the date 5/25 popped in my head as the day I would get scheduled. NEXT WEEK IS THE WEEK. LOL

August shipping would be great but I'd rather play blackjack at table of friends in Vegas with $2000 and progressively bet on Red or black at the roulette table then bet on me getting the Bronc in Sept.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine is scheduled to be built Friday, May 20, 2022.

Sponsored

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Still no build date. Went ahead and added back all the options I cut to try and get scheduled faster. If I got a build date any time soon, absolute best case would be July/August with 2023 upgrades likely to be announced in Sept/Oct. I've waited 2 years, might as well wait a little longer to get the latest instead of "last year's" model. Though at this point 2024/2025 would not surprise me in the least.

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

July 17, 2020 reservation… still waiting
Sponsored