Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Actually QC is the issue. Tailgate and hood issues.
Is this actually documented or still just from they guy that supposedly works at MAP? Not trying to be a wise guy just wondering if anything has been confirmed.
I’m seriously starting to think Ford is going to build every raptor and ship them all out...ship them all out at the same time is impossible but y’all get what I’m saying.

Just as an example let’s say our dealer gets our GT raptor and dealer allocation raptor at the same time, dealer is probably less likely to add ADM to ours since they can ADM the hell out of the other one. Just kinda thinking out loud since it makes no sense all the built Raptors still waiting to ship and the QC issues have been “someone said or read” and no real proof.
Ford has not confirmed this but there are plenty of post across the net reference this. Ford is not going to build 600 plus Raptors and let them sit at MAP unless there is a serious issue. Mine has been built since the week of 5/23. Ford just need to be transparent and tell us the truth.
There have been numerous rumors, they all seem to fade away. They are still scheduling, I've heard of a few today besides myself so there must be fix for whatever it is.
There still hasn't been another reliable source confirm that. I'm not saying it isn't true just that I'd like another source.
Check the Ford Bronco Raptors owners page on FB. One guy here works at Ford and just confirmed this issue a few days ago.
I’d probably believe it if someone testing one of the mannequins pointed it out. They have talked about lockers throwing codes but nothing about hood or spare tire mounts.
The guy that made one reply saying they were delayed for those issues with no more information or context? Like I said this could be true but I'm not taking a guy off FB's word for it.
THIS. If there are one or 2 parts that needed to be redesigned ... it makes sense to build everything out and replace them when the parts are manufactured and available.
That’s the only data point…no confirmation whatsoever. Stop persisting unfounded information. Yeah we’re all frustrated but not to the point of perpetuating Facebook Fake News.
So, IF it was the hood, you would think they would wait to produce so the replacement hood goes through the paint shop with the rest of the body.

IF it was the swingate - I could see them producing and the switching the exoskeleton out when it comes in.

The thing is, unless it is something about how it gets assembled on the line, you would think I both of these problems cropped up during prototype testing or assembly and use of the ones the press drove in Johnson Valley.

Maybe that is why most of us originally scheduled slipped 2-1/2 months, but that timing pretty closely follows the China lock downs, so the wheel / supply chain logic makes more sense.

My opinion is, they would not be building them now if they didn’t have a plan to ship them soon. And they wouldn’t have press info coming out now also. (Levine posted a Bronco Raptor good morning picture on Monday. I was hoping Monday was sign off day …)
Think the most likely explanation is they found something, they know how to fix it, it'll just take time to retrofit all the already built vehicles. Plus I'll say this a third time...the bronco/ranger line manager got fired!
This sounds like a fairly reasonable theory. I wonder if anyone can confirm movement or activity around the already built Raptors that would indicate a retrofit might be taking place? If they are just sitting there with no movement and it is a retrofit then we may still have a long(er) wait. On the other hand, if workers are moving batches of them in and out of MAP buildings for who knows what then it would be evidence in support of the theory.
The line manager could have gotten fired for grabbing a line worker's ass.

I am not sure why everyone keeps making up shit.
Now THAT is making shit up...
There is obviously something really wrong for them to be sitting so long OUTSIDE in Jurassic Parked (we even came up with a cool name for the parking lot!), but man, anyone from Ford reading this must be absolutely busting a gut laughing at us banter between ourselves while we wait in the dark trying to figure out what the issue is. They may even have some side bets going on for which screen name comes up with the closest answer. :geek:

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There is obviously something really wrong for them to be sitting so long OUTSIDE in Jurassic Parked (we even came up with a cool name for the parking lot!), but man, anyone from Ford reading this must be absolutely busting a gut laughing at us banter between ourselves while we wait in the dark trying to figure out what the issue is. They may even have some side bets going on for which screen name comes up with the closest answer. :geek:
A few months ago I was joking when I said they will probably ship them all the same day to end the “my reservation was earlier” argument, might not be a joke, lol

MishMashBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just a general comment and observation that I am really surprised at myself that I am even still interested in a Bronco at this point, let alone the Raptor i've "ordered" (which I quote because it won't be real until I see evidence of something other than "Ordering With Dealer" on the Ford site).

The delays, the shady dealer practices, the numerous issues in quality.....

Why? Why are we still all hanging in? I mean think about it: Many of us started as day 1 folks back in July of 2020....and two years on, here we sit? Is it even exciting anymore?

Curious what you think.

Ford has all but busted my brand interest with them by now. I was a Blue Oval boy up until my last waaaay back in 2003 (A Ranger XLT....which was a lemon...correction, enough lemon to make lemonade for Minute Maid a whole year).

So here I come back thinking..."Man! This is a winner, and worth giving a try again". Welp/.../

Look I know...one more rant and sour apple post. Sorry for that but damn.

My purchase will not make one extra difference...if I even follow through at this point....but Ford and everyone in the food chain should treat it like it would. That is what has been lost.

DawgRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just a general comment and observation that I am really surprised at myself that I am even still interested in a Bronco at this point, let alone the Raptor i've "ordered" (which I quote because it won't be real until I see evidence of something other than "Ordering With Dealer" on the Ford site).

The delays, the shady dealer practices, the numerous issues in quality.....

Why? Why are we still all hanging in? I mean think about it: Many of us started as day 1 folks back in July of 2020....and two years on, here we sit? Is it even exciting anymore?

Curious what you think.

Ford has all but busted my brand interest with them by now. I was a Blue Oval boy up until my last waaaay back in 2003 (A Ranger XLT....which was a lemon...correction, enough lemon to make lemonade for Minute Maid a whole year).

So here I come back thinking..."Man! This is a winner, and worth giving a try again". Welp/.../

Look I know...one more rant and sour apple post. Sorry for that but damn.

My purchase will not make one extra difference...if I even follow through at this point....but Ford and everyone in the food chain should treat it like it would. That is what has been lost.
I want one because I'm a boomer and didn't get one in the 70's when I was young. To me it's the most exciting new vehicle to come about since I became an adult. I've waited over 40 years, so a few more weeks/months really doesn't matter to me. Having said that, I think we can all agree that this rollout has been botched beyond belief. Hopefully that will be forgotten when I finally get my hands on mine. Good luck to everyone still waiting on a build week/date/year.

Sponsored

MishMashBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want one because I'm a boomer and didn't get one in the 70's when I was young. To me it's the most exciting new vehicle to come about since I became an adult. I've waited over 40 years, so a few more weeks/months really doesn't matter to me. Having said that, I think we can all agree that this rollout has been botched beyond belief. Hopefully that will be forgotten when I finally get my hands on mine. Good luck to everyone still waiting on a build week/date/year.
I feel you. One of the things I have been doing while I wait is look at a Restomod'd original since the pricepoint is roughly the same. I have been awfully tempted to snap a late 60's model with all the upgrades. Simple and authentic...

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I feel you. One of the things I have been doing while I wait is look at a Restomod'd original since the pricepoint is roughly the same. I have been awfully tempted to snap a late 60's model with all the upgrades. Simple and authentic...
And will probably appreciate instead of depreciate.

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I won't believe it's real until it's parked in my driveway/squished in the garage.

Ford Bronco ⏳ Bronco Raptor now being scheduled for production & VIN assigned 1660779907570