First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just caught up on a few weeks worth of the thread, greetings to all.
I'm asking myself this question;
Is it worse to not have a built date yet? having a build date and get bumped or get my Braptor build and sitting for weeks.

I ordered my 2021 F-150 on 08/21/21, it might be here this week as a 2022. Blend date of 12/27
Don’t worry, you will eventually get a build week that will get bumped several times THEN it will sit for weeks. You don’t have to ask yourself which one is worse because you will experience both.
Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just caught up on a few weeks worth of the thread, greetings to all.
I'm asking myself this question;
Is it worse to not have a built date yet? having a build date and get bumped or get my Braptor build and sitting for weeks.

I ordered my 2021 F-150 on 08/21/21, it might be here this week as a 2022. Blend date of 12/27

I heard a rumor that the reason for the delay was twofold.

1. Wheel constraints which caused all of the initial bumps of production
2. They also needed a certain amount to pass QA before the batch can be released to verify no errors in production.

Since wheel constraints caused everyone to get delayed the QA check has taken longer. I've only seen this from one source so I wouldn't chalk it up as 100% factual but it does make some sense. Last year the first run of Bronco's sat for a bit until they were cleared to sell too if I recall.

If this is accurate, we should see the "dam break" all at once with shipping and delivery. However, if this is the case there is no reason for Ford to not just send out a message to dealerships because it is fairly reasonable.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I heard a rumor that the reason for the delay was twofold.

1. Wheel constraints which caused all of the initial bumps of production
2. They also needed a certain amount to pass QA before the batch can be released to verify no errors in production.

Since wheel constraints caused everyone to get delayed the QA check has taken longer. I've only seen this from one source so I wouldn't chalk it up as 100% factual but it does make some sense. Last year the first run of Bronco's sat for a bit until they were cleared to sell too if I recall.

If this is accurate, we should see the "dam break" all at once with shipping and delivery. However, if this is the case there is no reason for Ford to not just send out a message to dealerships because it is fairly reasonable.
Your last point is what gets me: if the above is true, then why not communicate it? At least to the dealers and Ford / Ford Performance CSRs, who are all getting asked daily.

Since that would be too reasonable, we all spend weeks out-speculating each other as to what the holdup is, because Ford certainly would communicate reasonable hold-ups right? ... Right?

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There seems to be plenty that have already been built but not one shipped, including mine. We are probably looking at best case scenario, second week of August before seeing those smiling faces. ,
Yeah, they actually have to push them out the gate, but it should start to snowball once they begin shipping. Local deliveries should start the smiles pretty quickly after that.

I’m optimistic (perhaps foolishly so) that they believe they worked out whatever issue has been holding them back, since they’ve started scheduling more Raptors from 8/22 onward.

With So many reasons to be discouraged, I’m looking for reasons to be positive in the absence of any useful information.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
too much to ask.

Imagine you owned a company and you were making a new product .. would you tell your customers that before we release the product we need to do some QC?

Once you mention QC you will encourage more questions with a negative tone.

And BTW .. once you get your Warthog .. none of this will matter.

Your last point is what gets me: if the above is true, then why not communicate it? At least to the dealers and Ford / Ford Performance CSRs, who are all getting asked daily.

Since that would be too reasonable, we all spend weeks out-speculating each other as to what the holdup is, because Ford certainly would communicate reasonable hold-ups right? ... Right?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

too much to ask.

Imagine you owned a company and you were making a new product .. would you tell your customers that before we release the product we need to do some QC?

I guess I am a customer that expects a manufacturer to do QC to be sure the new product they are shipping is really ready. And if they tell me they are going to ship once their initial QC process is complete, I appreciate they are taking the time to get it right on a $70000+ product.

Magic

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, MME-GT PE, BRaptor, Other Ford Cars
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine still scheduled for August 2nd and it says ETA of August 22nd to August 28th
Just got word from my dealer that I have an 08/03 build day and delivery date of 08/24 for my Bronco Raptor. Fingers are crossed.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
too much to ask.

Yeah every bit of information Ford releases gets spun to a negative almost every time. From that perspective Ford has nothing to gain and only things to lose by even talking about this step.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
100%

90% of the post at Bronco6G are trashing Ford for everything under the sun ... If I did not get my bronco then ford is to blame.

I think most forget one important fact ... Ford not selling cars means they don't make any money.

So if they are not releasing cars then they must have a good reason and sharing that reason to customers only pisses them off more as no one cares why .. they just care about getting their damn bronco.

Ford needs to keep their mouth's shut and keep their heads down and work harder

Yeah every bit of information Ford releases gets spun to a negative almost every time. From that perspective Ford has nothing to gain and only things to lose by even talking about this step.

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case anyone has not seen this...
Not sure if they make the USA domestic wheels here, but it is owned by the same chinese company that makes wheels for many auto manufactures, including Ford. But Ford has stated wheels as a currently constrained item.
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/07/18/dicastal-fbi-raid/

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Forward progress: My sticker popped last night for an 8/3 blend date. VIN in the upper 300s.

Crazycactus

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F250, 1993 Bronco XLT, 2013 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Still 8/1 build week no WS yet. VIN in mid 700s.