Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will the steel wheels (16" base or 17" black diamond) take hubcaps? I think it would be cool to find a vintage ford hubcap or dog dish to put on them...

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just came back to this thread after a few days. Several posters have asked if the Steel Black Diamond wheel is -55 offset. So far and unless I missed it, has their question been answered. With all the non Squatch wheels 17x7.5, 17x8 & 18x7.5 have +55 offsets. Would Ford design one or two(didn't see the base Steelies) of 5 models with a completely opposite offset? I would like to think not. I hope someone answers this question.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just came back to this thread after a few days. Several posters have asked if the Steel Black Diamond wheel is -55 offset. So far and unless I missed it, has their question been answered. With all the non Squatch wheels 17x7.5, 17x8 & 18x7.5 have +55 offsets. Would Ford design one or two(didn't see the base Steelies) of 5 models with a completely opposite offset? I would like to think not. I hope someone answers this question.

Stig got photos all the wheel sizes and offset numbers for y'all that are on the rims! Hope this helps with tire upgrade plans! Enjoy.

Table added by @North7

2021 Ford Bronco Wheels Sizes Offsets Specs chart.png

2021 Bronco - Factory Rims : Wheels Specs 3.jpg
2021 Bronco - Factory Rims : Wheels Specs 4.jpg
I believe this is the BD

edited to add: I think it's just "dash"55, not "neg"55

Last edited:

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe this is the BD

edited to add: I think it's just "dash"55, not "neg"55
Anybody happen to know what this wheel costs? I'd like to get 3 extra so I have two full sets of them.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will the steel wheels (16" base or 17" black diamond) take hubcaps? I think it would be cool to find a vintage ford hubcap or dog dish to put on them...
In the old days, the steelies had clips mounted on them for the hubcaps to be snapped onto.

I don't think that the Bronco steelies have any clips on them, but it may be possible to drill the wheel and mount clips to the wheel.

Here's how some people do it. https://www.streettrucksmag.com/roll-out-getting-that-old-school-wheel-look/

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anybody happen to know what this wheel costs? I'd like to get 3 extra so I have two full sets of them.
Replacement for a 2019 Ranger, so it's a 16 and not a 17, and silver instead of black...but it'll give you an idea. This "should" be a match to the base level Bronco wheel.

2019 Ranger 16" steel wheel

and slightly different, but another Ford just for comparison

2020 F150 18" steel wheel

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Replacement for a 2019 Ranger, so it's a 16 and not a 17, and silver instead of black...but it'll give you an idea. This "should" be a match to the base level Bronco wheel.

2019 Ranger 16" steel wheel

and slightly different, but another Ford just for comparison

2020 F150 18" steel wheel
Awesome thank you. I’m a Ford neophyte, this will be my first one. $100 ea worst case, three of those plus four Blizzaks probably $1k all-in. Not bad at all.

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if someone was getting an OBX and wanted to get a 17x8.5 w/ 4.75" backspacing and zero offset would it work?

I know this has been discussed, but haven't seen anything definitive yet. Appreciate the insight and education.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if someone was getting an OBX and wanted to get a 17x8.5 w/ 4.75" backspacing and zero offset would it work?

I know this has been discussed, but haven't seen anything definitive yet. Appreciate the insight and education.
It would be even tighter on an OBX with 0.7" less of a lift.

Sponsored

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be even tighter on an OBX with 0.7" less of a lift.
Please don't laugh at this next bit, not an expert here.

So my understanding is that it becomes a height issue hence "lift". Theoretically couldn't that be solved with a leveling kit and fenders?

In essence my ultimate goal is to not get SAS, but take the Adv 4x4 with the 4.27 gear ratio. Get a 17" wheel and 35's on an OBX. In my limited knowledge the +55 offset seems to be the big crux as most wheel manufacturer's don't really offer that offset for a perfect swap.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please don't laugh at this next bit, not an expert here.

So my understanding is that it becomes a height issue hence "lift". Theoretically couldn't that be solved with a leveling kit and fenders?

In essence my ultimate goal is to not get SAS, but take the Adv 4x4 with the 4.27 gear ratio. Get a 17" wheel and 35's on an OBX. In my limited knowledge the +55 offset seems to be the big crux as most wheel manufacturer's don't really offer that offset for a perfect swap.
****Going by the paper specifications****

The Sasquatch rims have 30mm offset with 12.5" wide tires.
BL rims have 55mm offset with 10.5" tires.

Going up to 35x12.50r17 (315/70R17) tires will add 1.5"" total width in rubber .
1.5" ÷ 2 = 0.75" wider per side of the mounting flange on the same rim VS 33x11R17 (285/70R17)

But Ford added 25mm offset, or roughly 1" making the Sasquatch rims mount about 1" shallower than the BL rims.
making up for the 1" added width to the inside of the Sasquatch tires.
So, there is some frame/suspension interference going from 33" to 35" diameter tires.
Requiring an extra 0.25" offset for clearance.

****again, by the paper specifications****

You might be able to go with 35x10.50R17 using the non Sasquatch 17"rims.
Or the OBX 18" rims using 285/70R18 (35x11R18)

Last edited:

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is there any confirmation on whether the Sasquatch wheels are forged or cast? I’ve read through the thread and have seen just a lot of speculation.
Sponsored