First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is absolutely how a company should deal with this kind of issue. Once the issue was discovered, proactively reaching out to all customers, and not just the ones complaining.
Nothing but highest praise for IAG after this.
Agreed. Got my replacement brackets too the other day. All I need is my Dirt Mountain Bronco to arrive so I can install the lift kit.
Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super quick shipping on the new brackets.! Install was easy.! The trick was to mount the ball stud on the outside of the new bracket which moves the strut out and away from the roll cage. Thank you IAG.!
Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ IAG brackets

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I should check my e-mail and mailbox more often, apparently my brackets arrived 2 days ago. Still looking forward to receiving the hood struts. Thanks IAG!

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just wanted to circle back on this. See screenshot from owners manual regarding soft top alignment. My top was off the alignment pins 1/2” on drivers side an 1/4” on passenger.
Where is that? Behind the plastic panels?

Hellion10

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Audi A7 Prestige, '23 Tundra Capstone, ‘69 C10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my IAG replacement brackets and literally 3 minute install....Thanks @IAG Performance for your great products and service. Is it my imagination or does my top open even further now with these updated brackets? NICE

Sponsored

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone's struts have this play in them? I was just wondering if this is normal and could it be the noise folks are hearing?
I’m starting to hear this on a more consistent basis with the new brackets, along with a different creak noise

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wanted to circle back on this. See screenshot from owners manual regarding soft top alignment. My top was off the alignment pins 1/2” on drivers side an 1/4” on passenger.
Thanks for this...looked and mine is about 1/4" off on the passenger side, and actually saw some rollbar rubbing before installing any IAG product. Thanks, Ford/ Webasto...

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone confirm the replacement parts resolved the issue? I’m going to install them shortly

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone confirm the replacement parts resolved the issue? I’m going to install them shortly
I just installed my replacement parts a couple of days ago and then spent about 5 hours offroad yesterday with the top down.

Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ 83725876-5140-4FE7-8B07-4261BC57FC63
Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ 8DED55A8-53EF-498F-8FCE-F6B50A39B2B6
Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ 5EBFF264-5EE3-4EAE-BFBB-586707EF7F0A

Despite plenty of off-camber jostling (e.g., max pitch was 18 degrees; max roll was 8 degrees), the struts with the redesigned brackets did not touch the roll bars.

Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ 35B3B26C-1158-42B3-9864-94D94F09CDF7
Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ 0EF39380-97F0-41B4-83F5-CD49E5D5A025

In the video for installing the replacement brackets at the top end of the struts, you'll see that the replacement brackets moved the ball joint mounts for the struts to the outside of the brackets (new design) instead of the inside of the brackets (original design).

Note the final orientation on the top brackets in the photos below, where the ball joint mounts are pointed outward. This moved the struts away from the roll bars.

Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ FBFED868-5D6F-454C-B20C-D7578BE3EEB5
Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ D3C72F99-254E-4B71-837C-A45D18A3EC6C

TL;DR — I am happy with the redesigned brackets. 👍

Last edited:

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So is there still drawbacks to having these? Like the creak noise people are talking about?​

Sponsored

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is there still drawbacks to having these? Like the creak noise people are talking about?​
It seems that the creaking issue is more related to the quality of the soft top frame itself rather than the ez-lift system. We’ve done extensive testing on multiple vehicles and have not been able to reliably reproduce it.

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We want to thank everyone for their support during these growing pains. By now everyone’s replacement brackets should have arrived or are in transit. We are going to go ahead and close this thread as this will no longer be an issue moving forward. Please feel free to PM us if you have any further questions or concerns with your EZ-lift system.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.