First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pictures of the revised bracket are below.

IMG_2154.JPG
IMG_2153.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMHO you guys are a class act!, no damage to mine i would say the bracket on the drivers side does bring it closer to that roll bar than the other but its still easily 1/2" away in my estimation.

Thanks for responding so fast to all the issues and keep up the hard work!
Sponsored

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just uploaded my claim form. I also noticed on my top when putting It back on today the upper brackets are making contact with the frame when the top is all the way down. Will these also be revised?
Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ PXL_20220321_210745919.MP
Ford Bronco ⚠️EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Damage⚠️ PXL_20220321_210756656.MP

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reports of rubbing on some IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits

It came to our attention this weekend that some clients have experienced an issue with their EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits. This issue can result in damage to the rear roll bar when the kits are installed. Prior to this weekend we had not seen this issue despite installations on multiple test vehicles and other internal and external testing.

The Problem:

Immediately after being notified of the issue we started to look into possible causes and solutions. We have discovered that there is some variation with the soft top frames and the way they are originally mounted on different vehicles which can cause the body of the EZ-Lift strut to contact the roll bar only when the top is fully lowered and locked in place. We have also discovered that the fabric of the soft top frame can get bunched up as the frame is closing, which pushes the strut into the roll bar. Helping to improve the overall rigidity of the soft top is part of the reason we originally designed the EZ-Lift System. We did not realize how much variation existed vehicle to vehicle. It’s important to understand that the majority of vehicles with the EZ-lift System installed have not experienced this issue. Currently it seems to affect less than ½ of 1% of units sold.

The Solution:

First, we want to apologize to anyone who has experienced this issue. We feel awful that this has happened. We always stand behind our products and will make this right for everyone affected. We are in the process of designing a replacement bracket as well as a change to future struts to drastically reduce the chances of contact. We expect to have the design finished this week and produced by next week. We will be sending a set of replacement brackets to all purchasers of the kit over the next few weeks, regardless of whether you have experienced any issues. Please avoid fully opening the top until you install your replacement brackets. With that in mind we would like to present two options:

Option 1:

If you have installed the product and experienced the rubbing issue we will be happy to provide replacement parts to correct the issue. We will also send a bottle of touch up paint and a new piece of paint protection film for each side of the roll bar. Furthermore, we will issue you a store credit for 25% of your purchase price of the product for your inconvenience.

How to Submit a Claim:

Please use the form below to request your Touch Up Paint and PPF Kit. PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT THE CLAIM FORM IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED PAINT DAMAGE. This form will allow us to stay organized and ensure that all clients are taken care of as quickly as possible.
Claim Form

Option 2:

If you would like a refund for your purchase we fully understand and will issue an RMA with a return shipping label and refund your purchase 100% whether or not the product has been installed. If the product caused any damage to your vehicle we will provide you with a bottle of touch up paint as well as a piece of paint protection film to apply to the affected area. Please email [email protected] to request an RMA.

I appreciate the quick work to correct this. And the OP for bringing to everyone’s attention. This product is a must have for me so much easier to load stuff in the back and easy for my wife to lift the top back up.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just uploaded my claim form. I also noticed on my top when putting It back on today the upper brackets are making contact with the frame when the top is all the way down. Will these also be revised?
Uh oh…

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reports of rubbing on some IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits

It came to our attention this weekend that some clients have experienced an issue with their EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist Kits. This issue can result in damage to the rear roll bar when the kits are installed. Prior to this weekend we had not seen this issue despite installations on multiple test vehicles and other internal and external testing.

The Problem:

Immediately after being notified of the issue we started to look into possible causes and solutions. We have discovered that there is some variation with the soft top frames and the way they are originally mounted on different vehicles which can cause the body of the EZ-Lift strut to contact the roll bar only when the top is fully lowered and locked in place. We have also discovered that the fabric of the soft top frame can get bunched up as the frame is closing, which pushes the strut into the roll bar. Helping to improve the overall rigidity of the soft top is part of the reason we originally designed the EZ-Lift System. We did not realize how much variation existed vehicle to vehicle. It’s important to understand that the majority of vehicles with the EZ-lift System installed have not experienced this issue. Currently it seems to affect less than ½ of 1% of units sold.

The Solution:

First, we want to apologize to anyone who has experienced this issue. We feel awful that this has happened. We always stand behind our products and will make this right for everyone affected. We are in the process of designing a replacement bracket as well as a change to future struts to drastically reduce the chances of contact. We expect to have the design finished this week and produced by next week. We will be sending a set of replacement brackets to all purchasers of the kit over the next few weeks, regardless of whether you have experienced any issues. Please avoid fully opening the top until you install your replacement brackets. With that in mind we would like to present two options:

Option 1:

If you have installed the product and experienced the rubbing issue we will be happy to provide replacement parts to correct the issue. We will also send a bottle of touch up paint and a new piece of paint protection film for each side of the roll bar. Furthermore, we will issue you a store credit for 25% of your purchase price of the product for your inconvenience.

How to Submit a Claim:

Please use the form below to request your Touch Up Paint and PPF Kit. PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT THE CLAIM FORM IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED PAINT DAMAGE. This form will allow us to stay organized and ensure that all clients are taken care of as quickly as possible.
Claim Form

Option 2:

If you would like a refund for your purchase we fully understand and will issue an RMA with a return shipping label and refund your purchase 100% whether or not the product has been installed. If the product caused any damage to your vehicle we will provide you with a bottle of touch up paint as well as a piece of paint protection film to apply to the affected area. Please email [email protected] to request an RMA.

Can you send a Strut band clamp as well with new brackets. So we can hold strut to replace the mount. Thanks for the quick resolution.

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's super minor, 10 seconds on a grinder and some paint will fix it. I was not going to bother if new brackets are coming.
Yes new brackets should resolve. Thanks for your understanding!

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m impressed with how @IAG Performance is handling this
yeah, it’s amazing honestly… seriously some folks are so impatient. The issue was brought up this weekend and here it is Monday (omg) and some folks were saying they were disappointed with them??? Like seriously guys… give them a few days to figure things out before you flame and independent business.

they’ve obviously gone above and beyond to fix this and I applaud them for how quickly they’ve done so.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that's how you respond. Well done. I'll keep my soft top up until you get replacement brackets sent out.

@IAG Performance : I can't remember which thread, but I did voice a concern on how high the struts lift the soft top past where the prop would normally hold it. Am I being crazy? I want to say an official Ford video was quite clear that you should really be raising the top so high for more than a few moments.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes new brackets should resolve. Thanks for your understanding!
If we have yet to take damage but have them installed how do we go about getting the updated brackets?

Also busy day over at IAG, couldn't get a hold of CS via phone.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we have yet to take damage but have them installed how do we go about getting the updated brackets?

Also busy day over at IAG, couldn't get a hold of CS via phone.
IAG stated in their reply on Page 16 that all people who’ve purchased a kit will be sent the upgraded brackets.

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a couple of notes

1. Reinstalling the struts without the straps installed can be pretty difficult. You either need a capable friend or as I discovered cinching a ratchet strap around the strut can make a huge difference. I did this with the bottom mount installed and used the ratcheting mechanism to compress the strut. This time since we will just be installing new brackets it might be easiest to throw the ratcheting strap on before removing either bracket so you don't have to compress. IAG you might want to make a video of installing the struts with a ratchet strap as I think it will help a lot of your customers. (Or if you have even a simpler idea please share)

2. If you are one of the lucky ones who has yet to have a problem you probably want to still install the new brackets, especially if you think there is any chance of future off roading with the top down. There is more movement back there than you'd expect.

I decided on option 1 for the claim form as I think the brackets plus the tubing idea shared above will give me adequate protection. I am of the opinion that the top is harder than it ought to be to put in the down position with the struts, kinda wish they were a tad weaker but I imagine we will continue to get more and more used to it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.