Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing but I would pick Starbucks or other coffee and food chain. In Europe the rest areas almost always have food - baked goods, fresh grilled sandwiches, etc. and excellent coffee available. You can’t help but stop and go in for a quick snack. Easily spend 30 minutes, but get back on the road refreshed and alert. If the electric charging stations were set up like that people wouldn’t complain about the extra bit of time vs a gas fill up. Plus the vendor would pay to be exclusive and that would help fund the charging station.
Thought about Starbucks, but they don't usually have their own parking lot. I think having full control of a parking lot would be extremely helpful. But I like the thought. The idea would be to partner with a company that could afford to help with the build-out, that would have control of the parking lot, and that has a fairly high density of locations along highways.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
A single cab would actually FIT in my garage though.

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco ⚡️ 2022 F-150 LIGHTNING EV Specs, Pricing, Pics! harged_standard_cab_stepside_sb-pic-2641-1600x1200

"Move out of the sticks, fellas."

It's not for everyone and that's why it's estimated production, 2nd year and beyond, is 80K
The "Sticks" is where shits being built because the CITY is full of shit already...

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I joined over there too.

I wouldn't move to an electric F150 if I had to tow anything over 100 miles per day just to give plenty of cushion to avoid being stranded. The calculations of range by payload and towing is going to produce an interesting matrix.

I know this would sound counterintuitive as this is supposed to be a vehicle to go away from using gas, but if someone had a portable gas generator, could they use that somewhere in the wilderness to juice up their lightning?

... just a thought that came to mind is it actually viable?

This truck is quite interesting from a daily commuters stand point where one would plug into the wall every night when coming home.

I weighed the cost of the vehicle monthly, and with not paying for gas every week, no more oil changes, flushes, other fluid changes, air filters, spark plugs or coil packs, it looked to me a higher monthly payment is also almost balanced out with out having to pay for gas and regular combustion engine PMs.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've missed that this was a reference to the old Lightning

harged_standard_cab_stepside_sb-pic-2641-1600x1200.jpg
I was trying to convince the wife of a single cab 5.0, but this one will do.

I know this would sound counterintuitive as this is supposed to be a vehicle to go away from using gas, but if someone had a portable gas generator, could they use that somewhere in the wilderness to juice up their lightning?

... just a thought that came to mind is it actually viable?

This truck is quite interesting from a daily commuters stand point where one would plug into the wall every night when coming home.

I weighed the cost of the vehicle monthly, and with not paying for gas every week, no more oil changes, flushes, other fluid changes, air filters, spark plugs or coil packs, it looked to me a higher monthly payment is also almost balanced out with out having to pay for gas and regular combustion engine PMs.
Maybe we will see portable Tesla Powerwalls the size of Gerry Cans? LOL

I think some crazy person will try and fit 2 - 4 Tesla powerwalls in the bed and a tonneau cover made of solar panels, haha.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone seen what these weigh? 300 mile unladen is not that great. Adding cargo or a trailer is going to kill the range.

Side note. Why isn't the EV industry getting together to standardize the recharging? Telsa and their own, Ford has theirs. Why not have one giant network that will service all? That would be a huge step in the right direction to alleviate the range stigma. Petrol vehicles can refuel at any station. EV's need that.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base heavily focused towards commercial.

(I phrase it as Level 1 and 2 cause I don't remember their terminology)

From what I see the Base version comes in 2 flavors, this Pro version "Level 1" retail sales price $39K plus, standard battery/ 230 mile range - no option to the upgraded charging wall unit or 300 mile range battery.

"Level 2" looked only to be for commercial sales and can get the upgrades that are optional.
Price for "Level 2" $49 K plus(?),

Tow package for "Level 1" Base, not sure I remember but probably not.

Also vinyl interior, no signature front lightbar,or light bar on the tail gate (XLT wasn't getting that either I think - just the front one) more basic plain grill, XLT wheels, non body matching bumper - front and rear, and non matching mirror caps or door handles (XLT looks to not get these).

I would like to get the rear sliding window; though the Base might not have this available; perhaps not on XLT either (perhaps in a package? ... XLT).
Perhaps no running boards.

Front in trunk plugs for "Level 1" Base ? Would like those.

Head unit, the 12" from the 2021 F150 with sync 4 (no 4a(?).

Colors, one video looked to mention that there may be a limited color palette. From what I remember seeing in the promo materials: the blue we've seen -I think Atlas, Iced blue(?), Oxford white, Carb grey(? or Stone [TFL video]), and Agate black.

Of the colors I seen, if I were to get this at the "Level 1' retail state, though I don't want a black painted vehicle again - the all matching color scheme looks good to me; change the front grill to something else from a higher trim and get a blacked out emblem and that would be cool. ... the Atlas blue didn't look too bad either.

Ford Bronco ⚡️ 2022 F-150 LIGHTNING EV Specs, Pricing, Pics! F1 bl.JPG

Love this guy's videos:

Last edited:

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was able to go for a ride along with in a lightning pro with the large battery. Unreal how quick this truck is with four people in it. Even more amazing pulling a 5500 lb trailer. This truck is way more than most people will need. An f150 that weighs as much as a crew cab 250 diesel but handles and performs like a mustang.
Sponsored