Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20,000 orders last night, according to Farley on CNBC this morning.

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I accidentally put a reservation in for one.

Whoops.

now which will come first. Bronco or F150.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like one but I already have a car payment lol.

Deleted member 3063

Want to take a long road trip once or twice a year? Rent a small motor home and travel in comfort.

Base price, same as my Raptor in 2010.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People are complaining about the range like once the charge is gone, the vehicle just needs to be abandoned on the side of the road. It is possible to stop at a fast charger location for 20 minutes during your once a year family road trip.

If you are actually taking long trips with your kids, you know you are stopping every other hour for a bathroom break anyway.

Charge location will only get more prolific. The range is not an issue.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put in a reservation for a Lightning last night with Granger Ford. Figured it was another option for me, if something goes off the rails with the Bronco. It's good to have options...

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Nails the Electric F-150 Launch. Look Out, Tesla. -- Barrons.com
BY DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC. — 29 MINUTES AGO

Ford Motor (F) just launched one of the most important vehicles in the company's history. That's saying something for the company that once sold the Model T starting in 1908. The company launched the all-electric F-150 Lightning truck at an event streamed online Wednesday evening.

Ford nailed the launch, and investors are impressed. Ford stock rose 1.7% in recent premarket trading Thursday. S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average futures, for comparison, are both down about 0.4%.

"Ford went well beyond installing a battery pack in a traditional F-150," iSeeCars.com analyst Karl Brauer told Barron's in an emailed statement. "It's obvious Ford recognizes both the opportunity and risk presented by the shift toward electric vehicles, and the auto maker has clearly committed to keeping the F-150 viable in a battery-powered world."

The F-150 is routinely the top-selling vehicle in America, and Ford earns most of its money in trucks, making the electrification of the F-150 a key issue for investors. The electric truck isn't on sale just yet -- sales are expected to start around mid-2022 -- but Ford hit all the important points in its reveal.

"The F-150 Lightning will be the smartest, cleanest F-150 ever," said Ford Chairman Bill Ford during the company's event. "And it's pretty powerful."

The company is targeting 770 foot-pounds of torque and 600 horsepower, and a zero-to-60mph time of about 4 seconds. The truck boasts a frunk -- an odd EV term for a trunk in the front of the vehicle -- 11 power outlets, a 300-mile single charge range, and enough backup generating power for a house. Ford says the truck can power an average home for three days in the event of an outage.

The electric F-150 will be built at Ford's Rouge plant in Michigan. That factory has been around for a century and stretches back all the way to Henry Ford.

The base F-150 Lightning will start at $40,000. That's also where the base-model Tesla Cybertruck starts. Credit Suisse analyst Dan Levy called pricing the biggest surprise of the night. He wrote in a Thursday report that the combustion F-150 has a starting price of $29,000, and F-series transaction prices average about $50,000.

What isn't a surprise is the look. The truck looks like a Ford F-150. And it "tows like a beast," said Ford CEO Jim Farley. Those are two other important things F-150 buyers expect from Ford trucks.

Farley just took over as Ford chief in October. Investors appear happy with him early in his tenure. Ford stock has climbed almost 80% since he took over, and shares are up about 38% year to date.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People are complaining about the range like once the charge is gone, the vehicle just needs to be abandoned on the side of the road. It is possible to stop at a fast charger location for 20 minutes during your once a year family road trip.

If you are actually taking long trips with your kids, you know you are stopping every other hour for a bathroom break anyway.

Charge location will only get more prolific. The range is not an issue.
Yep. I felt that way about the camping aspect too. Having kids, most, if not all of our camping is done at sites with electrical hookups.

I don't know enough about EV charging and what is required, but I don't see this being an issue moving forward. If there isn't a solution currently, I'm sure one is close.

The google was my friend... I'm learning about this by the minute. LOL
EV Charging at Campsite

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With current trends on external lighting, we won't even need street lights. All the cars glow enough.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You aren't wrong, which is why I am curious what the base "fleet" version looks like and how it is appointed. If it is a no nonsense, stripped down version of the vehicle we saw last night, that might have potential as a bad ass street car vs the comfort cruising Lariat that grampa wants.

It will be interesting to see this develop.
Aye. There is hope. Now to source a widebody.......

You a brewer? Where @? my liver hates me.
Sponsored