Sponsored

⚡️ 2024 Jeep RECON EV revealed as all-electric Wrangler! Resembles a Bronco with fixed roof!

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This actually looks really good. This is a definite possibility if Ford doesnt fill my order in 2023 for the Bronco.
If Ford doesn't fill my order in MY22 and raises prices again on MY'21 reservations that didn't get PP because of BS retro dating of the PP, I'm looking at options. Walk ins that ordered in '22 and last minute orders are getting scheduled this week while many from '20 & '21 res/orders are still waiting and the retro PP and retro policy that if you change packages and info in the FAQs after the fact are getting old.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks... not bad.

Honestly looks more like an old XJ Cherokee than the Wrangler. Which is fine. I had an XJ, and other than the horrible electrical gremlins that left us stranded repeatedly, and the fact that parts cost 10x what they did for a Ford, it was an ok car, when it worked.

It's a unibody, with an EV "skateboard" architecture. It will be markedly less capable off road than an upper trim Wrangler or Bronco, more like a Bronco Sport or a Compass Trailhawk.

That's honestly fine, the majority of folks don't think climbing over rocks is fun, they just want to be able to navigate a Forrest service road, and maybe got to a fishing or hunting spot off of pavement. e-lockers put it ahead of my Base.

It says Jeep on it though, so... Starting at $58k probably? I'll stick with my $32k Bronco.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco Sport competitor.
The sport doesn’t have a removable top, windows or doors, nor is it an EV. They couldn’t be further from competitors.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It says Jeep on it though, so... Starting at $58k probably? I'll stick with my $32k Bronco.
Starting? Not a chance. Notice the photos of the back say, “Moab.” I’m betting they’ll have versions without the 1 touch removable top. Different ranges etc. I’d wager they start around 35K and go up into the 50-60’s for this version.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Very interesting design, looks like Jeep is staying ahead of the competition. Some will receive their Recon's before their ICE competitor's at the pace changes are happening.

Clearly you can see the influence of the Italian Fiat designers, the Renegade design language is very apparent.

Ford Bronco ⚡️ 2024 Jeep RECON EV revealed as all-electric Wrangler! Resembles a Bronco with fixed roof! 1662718310248

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could get a sky one touch roof for the Bronco, I would have paid for the privilege. IMO, The roof, side window, and door architecture is perfect on the Recon. If it was Plug in hybrid, I’d buy one.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d love to own an EV Bronco, Jeep, or the all electric 2026 Scout that VW is working on. Most who have studied the EV demand are predicting shortages in the minerals needed for EV batteries for at least another 5-8 years. That will lead to higher prices for the very large battery needed to power this Recon(claimed 600hp and 400 mile range). Boxy trucks such as this need big batteries as they take about twice as much hp to cruise down the highway compared to the lower drag coefficient of something like a Tesla Model S or 3. I’d guess the Recon will be at least $75k if it actually goes in production in 2 or 3 years.

FWIW, other than my Bronco, I own an ‘18 Range Rover diesel and a ‘15 Tesla Model S with 137,000 trouble free miles. The big advantage of my Tesla besides being very fast is it’s super cheap to drive - currently about $6 of electricity to drive 200 miles.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting design, looks like Jeep is staying ahead of the competition. Some will receive their Recon's before their ICE competitor's at the pace changes are happening.

Clearly you can see the influence of the Italian Fiat designers, the Renegade design language is very apparent.

Ford Bronco ⚡️ 2024 Jeep RECON EV revealed as all-electric Wrangler! Resembles a Bronco with fixed roof! 1662718310248
Totally does include a lot of Italian DNA with a heavy dose of Bronco and Defender.

Although 4 wheel independent suspension sucks for serious off road application, most Bronco and Wrangler owners are just fooling themselves anyway, so this Jeep will be plenty capable.

My only concern for it is price. However, the prospect of no gas and maybe 350 miles of range would put it on my radar if they will indeed have a Rubicon model.

This Recon will sell like nothing ever seen and may mark a tipping point for EVs. At this point, I don’t even care to see a Ford EV Bronco since I know they’ll just shit the bed and can’t deliver it until 2030 at the earliest. This Mach E Mustang should be everywhere, but it isn’t, so not even sure why Ford tries to shade Tesla; ton of them around all over.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
⚠ Good warning for the discussions (per @Letagoavs710):

Can we not start this political idiocy pissing match? Either comment about the Jeep or move on. Nobody cares about your personal opinions on gas vs electric. It never ends well and just turns into arguing. Be an adult and go do something meaningful with your day if arguing is all you have to add.

Just announced -- all new Jeep Recon EV, an all-electric Wrangler in all but name, styling and axle.

Pics & info -- https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/⚡-2024-jeep-recon-ev-revealed-wrangler-based-bev.100602/

View attachment 385256
Firstly, I like EVs, but there is a lot of misinformation about them and this press release is no exception. For example if you think a EV is "zero emission", nothing could be farther from the truth. Where I live the electricity comes from coal. This isn't politics, just facts. This isn't going to change anytime soon. That said I like this vehicle, but its amazing how much it looks like a Bronco. This is a unibody platform, right? If that is the case, it doesn't compete against the Wrangler or Bronco, but instead the Compass and Bronco Sport. These screaming about Ford, I guess your forgetting about the F150 Lightening, Maverick and others. This isn't even a new Wrangler, its a completely different vehicle.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally does include a lot of Italian DNA with a heavy dose of Bronco and Defender.

Although 4 wheel independent suspension sucks for serious off road application, most Bronco and Wrangler owners are just fooling themselves anyway, so this Jeep will be plenty capable.

My only concern for it is price. However, the prospect of no gas and maybe 350 miles of range would put it on my radar if they will indeed have a Rubicon model.

This Recon will sell like nothing ever seen and may mark a tipping point for EVs. At this point, I don’t even care to see a Ford EV Bronco since I know they’ll just shit the bed and can’t deliver it until 2030 at the earliest. This Mach E Mustang should be everywhere, but it isn’t, so not even sure why Ford tries to shade Tesla; ton of them around all over.
Good grief why are you even on a Bronco site? There are lots of cars you can't get right now, also with huge ADM. Fords overall production exceeds Tesla by what, a factor of magnitude? It was like 10 years after they hit the market before I even saw one on the road. Tesla only makes electric cars and they have been doing it longer than anyone so of course you're going to see more on the road. That said a Tesla wouldn't be my choice today, there are far better options for the same money.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would feel differently if all the first week reservationists had their Broncos by now, and people with August 2020 reservations had production dates or felt like the wave was coming their way. Ford has delivered over 100000 Broncos, but not to the right people for end customer satisfaction around this launch.
As a October special Granger reservation holder myself, it is questionable if those chasing a bargain are the "right people". I knew from the get go it was a risk, and these dealers offering bargain prices knew full well they wouldn't have allocation for demand, even under the old system. I have nothing against said dealer, but I ended up having to switch to another dealer and paid MSRP, no reservation no timestamp. Got my Bronco last March, thee months after placing the order.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As a October special Granger reservation holder myself, it is questionable if those chasing a bargain are the "right people". I knew from the get go it was a risk, and these dealers offering bargain prices knew full well they wouldn't have allocation for demand, even under the old system. I have nothing against said dealer, but I ended up having to switch to another dealer and paid MSRP, no reservation no timestamp. Got my Bronco last March, thee months after placing the order.
Yeah, so my dealer is a regular MSRP dealer and they are barely out of the first week of reservations, with some (including mine) not delivered yet. They have the same problem with Lightnings and MachEs.
I think this is more widespread than Granger, et al. It would seem order volumes of unique vehicles like these don’t necessarily distribute the same way as total volume by dealer, so some presumably very large dealers are through their orders and on to stock, while others are less than a third into their retail orders.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d love to own an EV Bronco, Jeep, or the all electric 2026 Scout that VW is working on. Most who have studied the EV demand are predicting shortages in the minerals needed for EV batteries for at least another 5-8 years. That will lead to higher prices for the very large battery needed to power this Recon(claimed 600hp and 400 mile range). Boxy trucks such as this need big batteries as they take about twice as much hp to cruise down the highway compared to the lower drag coefficient of something like a Tesla Model S or 3. I’d guess the Recon will be at least $75k if it actually goes in production in 2 or 3 years.

FWIW, other than my Bronco, I own an ‘18 Range Rover diesel and a ‘15 Tesla Model S with 137,000 trouble free miles. The big advantage of my Tesla besides being very fast is it’s super cheap to drive - currently about $6 of electricity to drive 200 miles.
The 600hp / 400 mile range thing in the article was for the electric Wagoneer. They haven't said what specs this will have, but it's smaller than the Wagoneer, so possibly less battery space. I feel like anything under 300 mile range will be a big disappointment to many.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, so my dealer is a regular MSRP dealer and they are barely out of the first week of reservations, with some (including mine) not delivered yet. They have the same problem with Lightnings and MachEs.
I think this is more widespread than Granger, et al. It would seem order volumes of unique vehicles like these don’t necessarily distribute the same way as total volume by dealer, so some presumably very large dealers are through their orders and on to stock, while others are less than a third into their retail orders.
Right, what we’re dealing with is just bad management.

Failing to order enough parts for demand. Failure to more accurately predict demand. Poor communication. Poor customer experience. Poor warehousing planning. Poor procurement. Poor quality control.

All of the above were avoidable. No manufacturer is perfect, but Ford has seemed incompetent in so many areas. All manufacturers are existing in the same challenging market, yet most of them have at least been stable in delivery.

There is no reason that high volume, mass produced vehicles should be over 2 years to deliver in any circumstance. These issues exceed Farley as CEO, but it’s his responsibility to predict, adapt, improvise, and deliver results.

The dealer issue is another animal that also shouldn’t be a thing.
Sponsored