Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm calling it right now, the Bronco is going to get slammed for build quality issues soon after people get them in their hands. Hell, even my 2021 F150 Lariat is nowhere near as well put together as my 2016 was. Clear coat issues, interior parts out of alignment or not snapped together, cheaping out on things that used to be standard. People just seem incapable of doing good quality work these days. It's a big shame.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would be surprised if the headliner has been added to cover up a problem with the inner roof flaking off. The headliner would just come off with the flaking plastic. Adhesive will only stick to sound material, otherwise it will come off with the bad material. Not saying that this could be the quality issue with the tops though. Not going to guess about an unsubstantiated rumor.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm calling it right now, the Bronco is going to get slammed for build quality issues soon after people get them in their hands. Hell, even my 2021 F150 Lariat is nowhere near as well put together as my 2016 was. Clear coat issues, interior parts out of alignment or not snapped together, cheaping out on things that used to be standard. People just seem incapable of doing good quality work these days. It's a big shame.
Why the hell did you buy that f150 if it had those kind of issues I would have just bought a different f150

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting employee review on OpenDoor.....
Ford Bronco ⛑ Ford effectively assumes operational control of Webasto's Plymouth plant to help resolve Bronco top supply issue 1622581363325

Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting employee review on OpenDoor.....
Ford Bronco ⛑ Ford effectively assumes operational control of Webasto's Plymouth plant to help resolve Bronco top supply issue 1622581363325
I knew somebody that worked at Webasto and they said it was a shit show of bad management and sub par employees coming and going. Frankly I’m glad I don’t have a Vin number yet for my First Edition. Let FORD right that ship and get the quality up where it should be.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I'll just have to deal with a crappy top if i have to since i have a build date and warranty claim it if i need to.

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that today's news is out there....

Within the last 6 weeks, Ford engineers were dispatched en mass to the Webasto plant in Plymouth to troubleshoot issues with factory output. In the time since, Ford has effectively assumed operational control of the plant and are working to resolve the issue under threat of vacating the contract entirely.

Some MAP employees have spent their shutdown time over in Plymouth trying to get things moving.

The "additional millions to resolve supply chain issues" in today's messaging specifically references the major rework Ford is paying for at the facility.

The good news is that the early quality concerns have been completely addressed, as the assemblies currently coming out meet all the agreed upon standards. However, both the physical setup of the plant itself and a toxic, disorganized management culture are severely limiting output of product and onboarding of employees.

The ship is being righted but it won't be fully resolved in the near term.

Source: same as all the other info I've shared along the way... friends in engineering and production on this project.
Uh-huh. Didn't ford get to pick their supplier? Was there no mass production vetting or was this all a dramatic shift in management and plant set up AFTER the contract was signed, I wonder....

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The work ethic of the overall population hasn’t changed all that much, it’s just that hiring people with shitty work ethic has been pushed on a lot of industries.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uh-huh. Didn't ford get to pick their supplier? Was there no mass production vetting or was this all a dramatic shift in management and plant set up AFTER the contract was signed, I wonder....
Its not like there are many companies that make this type of roof, pickings are slim. Webasto has been making roofs with skylights for high end boats for several years and doing a good job. When a companies CEO and CFO both split and add covid to the mix big problems are going to happen and it has on this project. This is why Ford had to basically take over the plant to right the ship, if not the Bronco would have been doomed.

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel this is absolutely the most important thread on the forum right now. I check it everyday to see if there is any actual new news about the hard top production. Clearly, this is the key to getting new Broncos in driveways. I am waiting for the day when we all see that news saying that Webasto is running up to full production. Let's roll!

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its not like there are many companies that make this type of roof, pickings are slim. Webasto has been making roofs with skylights for high end boats for several years and doing a good job. When a companies CEO and CFO both split and add covid to the mix big problems are going to happen and it has on this project. This is why Ford had to basically take over the plant to right the ship, if not the Bronco would have been doomed.
Or been made a strictly convertible offering, which may still happen if this doesn't resolve, if the supply chain is as sparce as you say.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford has the recourses to right the ship along with the cash, I think you will see the results by end of this month as that would put it about 2 months in since Ford stormed the plant. Solving the labor shortage along with training will be the biggest factor IMO. Ford can push out sub independent contract for short term labor or longer that can offer high pay and no benefits until positions get permanently filled.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll add that Webasto built a new manufacting facility just a few miles north of the Ford Wayne assembly plant. It's not by accident the geographical orientation of both facilities. The locale of both facilities is to minimize shipping and logistics costs.

Choosing a new supplier, if there is one, would take several years to bring up to full-rate production and completely change the manufacting cost profile of the Bronco. It's best for Ford to go fix the problems. The top supply is 90% there. The last 10% to get to full-rate production is taking 90% of the effort at the Webasto Plymouth facility.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cynical... just how many steel roof manufacturers of this scale do you think there are? 2? 8? Dozens? Nope. Maybe it was the only bidder at the time. Now Ford can call the shots.
Coloradonatives love your colour combination on your Bronco. Very similar to mine.
Sponsored