_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the quiet spell. My wife and I are in Punta Cana for a bit of a getaway. I'll be home early next week and I'm sure I'll hear more then.
20210603_183831(0).jpg
Nice! I stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe there once and loved it! The Dominican people were really nice.
Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should ask Coleman and YETI to build hard tops for Bronco. They’re white and leakproof.
0420E4DA-EF59-4B85-AD4F-64C2E5CF1D7B.jpeg
The insulation thickness is clearly the differentiator here. I have an old Coleman with thick walls that can keep ice three days without issue. It was $60 and is 2x the size of either of those.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for the quiet spell. My wife and I are in Punta Cana for a bit of a getaway. I'll be home early next week and I'm sure I'll hear more then.
Hope you had a great time down there!

Have you heard any tidbits this week of how things are going? 😁

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hope you had a great time down there!

Have you heard any tidbits this week of how things are going? 😁
It was hard to come home, that's for sure.

MAP is plugging right along, last I heard from my guy was about 105-110 per day with ramp ups planned every 2 weeks.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MAP is plugging right along, last I heard from my guy was about 105-110 per day with ramp ups planned every 2 weeks.
Thank you for the info!

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you heard anything about how the top production is going at Webasto?

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you heard anything about how the top production is going at Webasto?
I have, but it's not great.

The most egregious problems have been addressed but they're still furiously onboarding production staff.

I'm sure daily output targets are being sandbagged given the situation, but this problem will be with us for the entirety of the 2021 run.

I think there is a very good chance we see dealer stock soft top Broncos this model year.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The most egregious problems have been addressed but they're still furiously onboarding production staff.

I'm sure daily output targets are being sandbagged given the situation, but this problem will be with us for the entirety of the 2021 run.

I think there is a very good chance we see dealer stock soft top Broncos this model year.
As always, thanks for the insider info Ross. This makes me very grateful to have a vin on a MIC build

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

200.gif

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As always, thanks for the insider info Ross. This makes me very grateful to have a vin on a MIC build
I was wondering why that guy was taking those old lighter colored MIC tops off the test mules and wheeling them in the back door of the MAP ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some of the current job openings on Webastos career page are alarming. It's not hard to see why they are having such problems when a lot of these key roles are vacant.

https://jobs.webasto.com/search/?createNewAlert=false&q=&optionsFacetsDD_country=&optionsFacetsDD_location=Plymouth,+US&optionsFacetsDD_dept=&optionsFacetsDD_shifttype=

I've also never seen this listed on a job ad before, especially for an office position. At least not the "unpleasant" part....

Ford Bronco ⛑ Ford effectively assumes operational control of Webasto's Plymouth plant to help resolve Bronco top supply issue Screenshot_20210610-120115_Chrome
Sign me the fuck up!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still willing to switch to dual tops if they can guarantee free shipping and installation. But I'm not going to switch to soft top just in hopes of getting it earlier.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still willing to switch to dual tops if they can guarantee free shipping and installation. But I'm not going to switch to soft top just in hopes of getting it earlier.
Basically, same here. I've wanted the dual tops all along. I use three different tops on my Jeep, and plan on doing the same with the Bronco. I'll gladly take the soft top now and wait for the hard top. Just need it shipped to the dealer when ready.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of the current job openings on Webastos career page are alarming. It's not hard to see why they are having such problems when a lot of these key roles are vacant.

https://jobs.webasto.com/search/?createNewAlert=false&q=&optionsFacetsDD_country=&optionsFacetsDD_location=Plymouth,+US&optionsFacetsDD_dept=&optionsFacetsDD_shifttype=

I've also never seen this listed on a job ad before, especially for an office position. At least not the "unpleasant" part....

Ford Bronco ⛑ Ford effectively assumes operational control of Webasto's Plymouth plant to help resolve Bronco top supply issue Screenshot_20210610-120115_Chrome
Wow....basically hiring an entire plant crew. One really has to ask if Webasto was even ready for the launch of the Bronco....it appears not. Did FORD monitor their progress in the early stages? Was Ford aware that Webasto was not ready while taking all our reservations and orders? We will never know.
Sponsored