NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In aviation, this is EXACTLY how Boeing handles a supplier issue that goes this far.
Hopefully the Bronco’s flight systems have been engineered with a bit more rigor than the 737 Max’s!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many dynamics at work here.

Ford has farmed out very much of their content over the last 20 years.It has historically been cheaper to operate this way.
They really don't have a "real time" finger on the pulse of their suppliers.
Ford has eaten many warranty costs of suppliers because it would bankrupt the suppliers.(That has been one of the costs of farming things out.)

The pandemic, (restrictions) worldwide ,nationwide, and in Michigan has wreaked havoc on the supply chain.
Also, and at least in this country, the benefits granted to unemployed people pretty much outweigh the wages of many working class people.
That last statement is not true. $16hr is not working class pay which is what the extra unemployment adds up to. $16hr is nothing.

I hope @Administrator removes your post.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully the Bronco’s flight systems have been engineered with a bit more rigor than the 737 Max’s!
Hasn’t that been in production or whatever for years? Reckon why it wasn’t sorted long before it was launched? There wasn’t even a pandemic going on at that time... and they’ve built planes forever...

This is in jest of course... relative to all of the posts about how inept Ford has been. 🙂

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@MadMan4BamaNATL $16 is what a lot of companies expect folks to work for... in some of the toughest conditions. The last place I was at had one of the best welders I’ve ever worked with... at $17... I found him another job at $24 because it would have taken me years to get him up to what he deserved. I left there a year ago, myself, mostly to allow the folks below me to move up... because I couldn’t get the manager to give them anything more.

just my 2 cents

Sponsored

Maine-Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger XLT 4x4, 2018 Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Base
@MadMan4BamaNATL $16 is what a lot of companies expect folks to work for... in some of the toughest conditions. The last place I was at had one of the best welders I’ve ever worked with... at $17... I found him another job at $24 because it would have taken me years to get him up to what he deserved. I left there a year ago, myself, mostly to allow the folks below me to move up... because I couldn’t get the manager to give them anything more.

just my 2 cents
The spoken truth 500,000 times over. Preach it!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

just my 2 cents
It all depends on where you live. In MA McDonald’s pays $17, I do some gig work when I’m bored for Amazon and make $25 an hour.