First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know plenty of people who have worked at the same type of facility in Indiana. It is a shit place to work. You are worked like a slave for shit pay with shit hours. Plastic extruder facilities are probably the same everywhere. Whether they are dumpster lids, trash cans, bedliners or binders; it's all the same. Nothing special about this top other than it has separate parts that must go together well without leaks for years to come.
Good luck with that idea. This top is a shit idea that looked good on paper.
That’s a lot of shit. :poop: I’ll call the plumber.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They (Webasto) make a ton of stuff for a ton of auto makers.
Webasto issues are similar to relating Bronco issues to F150 efficiencies. You can't think of large corporations as one amorphous group of employees. Think SILOS; they're all different, with dedicated staff who live and work within their own dedicated teams. They even named a movie after the concept: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Ford Bronco ⛑ Ford effectively assumes operational control of Webasto's Plymouth plant to help resolve Bronco top supply issue 1622305541523

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you told me Amazon or Tesla took over the plant , that would give me encouragement. ;-)., but Ford, not so much. They can’t even send an email that adds value why should I believe they can turn this plant around.? And I detest Amazon, Tesla I’m neutral because I highly regard Musk, he thinks big like Henry Ford did. Henry is rolling in his grave right now.
What does Amazon build that would give you faith in their manufacturing ability?

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This scenario plays out all the time in business. If a company always waited until absolutely sure, nothing would ever be done and there would be no innovation.

Projections are just what you do. Sure, you try to do the math to ensure accuracy and efficiency, but sometimes, all the time, unknowns or unforeseens occur which cause you to adjust.

Just ask anyone who's served in the military about "planning vs. execution".

Why not change suppliers? Economies of scale, patents, tooling, training, testing, liability and risk. These are the reasons why standing by Wabasto is the best pathway forward, as they are close to a breakthrough with a little pushing.

Now, next go around, a new supplier may come online as others are no doubt approaching Ford with proposals, but you can't buy that in the middle of a campaign, as an analyst like me would nail you and your rating, thus killing your stock price.

It's just business, no one is trying to hurt any of us.
Totally agree. But Webasto should have known its limitations. And Ford should have protected themselves against being compromised on this roll out.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Totally agree. But Webasto should have known its limitations. And Ford should have protected themselves against being compromised on this roll out.
Yeah, super easy to do during a pandemic when EVERYBODY is experiencing product shortages...

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What does Amazon build that would give you faith in their manufacturing ability?
They don’t but if you have ever looked at their supply chain and how they run a distribution system I am confident they could manage this process more effectively. The automation in their warehouses is amazing.. I know all the die hard Ford folks are going to get their chapped over my comment but what has Ford done to give me any confidence throughout this process other than design a cool retro suv that pretty much looks like an old IH Scout and the design is awesome but it’s not revolutionary . My simple point is I’m not sure Ford taking over the plant will change much. They will throw a bunch of money at it but I bet I still get a MY 22 with a day one reservation. They took our money too soon and many of their dealers did too. They can’t even supply the tow hitch for Gods sake and I’m supposed to believe they are going to swoop in and save the day at webasto? Call me skeptical.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, super easy to do during a pandemic when EVERYBODY is experiencing product shortages...
Then Ford should push the whole thing out. My point is that someone promised the tops on a timeline and with confidence and Ford believed them and went with it. Double eff-up.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta love how 2021 post-pandemic supply chain efficiency is so frequently judged by 2019 pre-pandemic expectations, despite supply chains in almost every industry around the world being totally FUBAR right now. :rolleyes:

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like the impact of the world situation is finally hitting us. Several layers of issues. What a mess.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Musk is a moron, full on egomaniac.
Ouch! How's your rocket company doing? :giggle:

Has an insider yet confirmed whether the move to include headliners with all tops was really for good will or whether it was to hide manufacturing issues?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder is Bestop is standing by saying...."we can make a soft top for that"
Bestop makes the fastback top, so they must be doing pretty well while Webasto can't get their act together.
Sponsored