Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Explorer, 2011 Ranger Sport, 2022 2Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wabasto plant less than a mile away from my home, drove by there this morning UAW had people out there with signs encouraging union organization
Sponsored

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does it seem like Ford is making things better at the plant? Any progress that can be shared?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wabasto plant less than a mile away from my home, drove by there this morning UAW had people out there with signs encouraging union organization
Yeah, that's it, let's have a strike, shut the plant down, hardtops, who needs them.

/s

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it seem like Ford is making things better at the plant? Any progress that can be shared?
yeah, has anybody heard of a new daily production number for MICs? I'm curious if there is improvement...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if you guys knew this but the deep freeze that happened in Texas a little while ago resulted in a massive hit to the petrochemical industry including precursors to producing plastics like polypropylene. Could be an RM supply issue.
impossible. No outside factors matter. Ford should’ve had contingencies for all of them. Ford is just a bunch of complete morons that have no idea what they’re doing!!!

[/heavy sarcasm]

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure what you mean by not doing due diligence. Webasto is a mega-global company renowned for what they do. One of many examples, a press release from 5/30/18:
webasto.png
FCA US Awarded Webasto with Innovation Supplier of the Year Award

And that's just one example. They make a ton of stuff for a ton of auto makers. They aren't some tiny start up that Ford didn't research well enough.
@RBF 1401 And that's the thing I can't understand Tricia. Webasto makes the Jeep hard tops, and the convertible tops for the C8 Corvette (and those aren't simple tops either). There seems to be no problems with FCA, and GM getting their tops. Where did it go wrong with the Bronco hard top? Just makes me wonder.

Last edited:

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They had to stand up a brand new facility just as the pandemic started. They've been making Jeep tops for a long time and have the factory and management team sorted out, the Corvette didn't have the volume issues I assume.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
just what they don't need, the UAW. They are so corrupt and many of the big bosses are in jail. One strike and the hard tops would be done for the summer.

Sponsored

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

just what they don't need, the UAW. They are so corrupt and many of the big bosses are in jail. One strike and the hard tops would be done for the summer.
Guess who’s making YOUR Bronco….a UAW union member, if you’re so anti union move along to an import 🤪

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel this is absolutely the most important thread on the forum right now. I check it everyday to see if there is any actual new news about the hard top production.
I was kibbitzing with my dealer management today; relaying some of the positives PremierDrum has posted. They're the largest Ford dealer in a big Ford state; he gets a weekly briefing from Dearborn, and had just gotten off the phone with them.

My guy was not encouraged in the least about tops. Something to the effect MIC (does that now stand for Maybe-I'm-Coming) would be in as short supply as imaginable.

The drama continues.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess who’s making YOUR Bronco….a UAW union member, if you’re so anti union move along to an import 🤪
Talked with a union carpenter working at one of my schools I take care of and asked how the union was doing, if they had a lot of work. He said yeah but moral was real low. The head of there union was stealing money and got caught. Basically didn’t get in any trouble but was kicked out. The man who took over was his brother and was in the finance department. They aren’t to happy about that.
Both my parents belonged to a union and it was good. I was going to join but there was 6,000 sitting the bench when I started my apprenticeship. Unions are only as good as the people running them just like everything else.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Talked with a union carpenter working at one of my schools I take care of and asked how the union was doing, if they had a lot of work. He said yeah but moral was real low. The head of there union was stealing money and got caught. Basically didn’t get in any trouble but was kicked out. The man who took over was his brother and was in the finance department. They aren’t to happy about that.
Both my parents belonged to a union and it was good. I was going to join but there was 6,000 sitting the bench when I started my apprenticeship. Unions are only as good as the people running them just like everything else.
I agree 100% with your statement, I myself am a union member(non auto related) . I’ve seen first hand the downright criminal things that have happened as a result of them, thankfully A LOT of things have changed. I just didn’t want this to go off the rails and turn into a union bashing thread when unionized workers only account for about 12% of the total workforce.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree 100% with your statement, I myself am a union member(non auto related) . I’ve seen first hand the downright criminal things that have happened as a result of them, thankfully A LOT of things have changed. I just didn’t want this to go off the rails and turn into a union bashing thread when unionized workers only account for about 12% of the total workforce.
I get it.
Sponsored