Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of the current job openings on Webastos career page are alarming. It's not hard to see why they are having such problems when a lot of these key roles are vacant.

https://jobs.webasto.com/search/?createNewAlert=false&q=&optionsFacetsDD_country=&optionsFacetsDD_location=Plymouth,+US&optionsFacetsDD_dept=&optionsFacetsDD_shifttype=

I've also never seen this listed on a job ad before, especially for an office position. At least not the "unpleasant" part....

Screenshot_20210610-120115_Chrome.jpg
Plastics plants have a special kind of stink to them. Spent the better part of the first decade of my career in Quality in one.
Sponsored

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had talked to my Dealer who just got back from the Roadeo and she said go MIC after some real life experience in the rain. She said even the event drivers were saying to go after market on the soft top. Living in the PNW rain is a real consideration so I switched back to HT. The wait will probably kill me and may even push me to MY22. Silverado finally died today as well.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like Wabasto may need to drop the "years of experience" with some these jobs to get them filled. Do like many of the companies in my area, contract with the local Community Colleges, and set up training programs. What they are trying now just ain't working. And, Ford may need to cut their loses and contact another for some much needed help. Every day Ford is losing Bronco orders because of this companies inability to get all their shit in one sock.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had talked to my Dealer who just got back from the Roadeo and she said go MIC after some real life experience in the rain. She said even the event drivers were saying to go after market on the soft top. Living in the PNW rain is a real consideration so I switched back to HT. The wait will probably kill me and may even push me to MY22. Silverado finally died today as well.
Yeah, MIC is really required in the PNW. I can suffer with a soft top for a while until the SO whining gets to be too much.

davidd4216

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry for the quiet spell. My wife and I are in Punta Cana for a bit of a getaway. I'll be home early next week and I'm sure I'll hear more then.
20210603_183831(0).jpg
Where did you stay in Punta Cana? The wife and I are headed there in July. I've never been, but I've heard good things.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like Wabasto may need to drop the "years of experience" with some these jobs to get them filled. Do like many of the companies in my area, contract with the local Community Colleges, and set up training programs. What they are trying now just ain't working. And, Ford may need to cut their loses and contact another for some much needed help. Every day Ford is losing Bronco orders because of this companies inability to get all their shit in one sock.
Ford is not losing bronco orders. People are still chomping at the bit to get one.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford is not losing bronco orders. People are still chomping at the bit to get one.
You're right. But, but I feel the ones they are losing (like us here on the forum) may not come back to buy one later. But, I have been wrong in the past. Just ask my wife. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where did you stay in Punta Cana? The wife and I are headed there in July. I've never been, but I've heard good things.
We stayed in the Preferred Club at Secrets Royal Beach and couldn't be any happier. So much nicer than any of the big spots in Mexico. Safer, more controlled, and more peaceful.

One of the two businesses my wife and I own is a boutique travel agency that hosts independent agents of different specialties from across the country. It makes traveling well much more realistic for us, especially those Walt Disney World trips with all 4 kids.

Reactions: KAQ

davidd4216

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We stayed in the Preferred Club at Secrets Royal Beach and couldn't be any happier. So much nicer than any of the big spots in Mexico. Safer, more controlled, and more peaceful.

One of the two businesses my wife and I own is a boutique travel agency that hosts independent agents of different specialties from across the country. It makes traveling well much more realistic for us, especially those Walt Disney World trips with all 4 kids.
Good deal. I hope to get there and enjoy the never ending cocktails and beer and not think about Bronco's, MIC tops, delays or any other issue going on right now.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right. But, but I feel the ones they are losing (like us here on the forum) may not come back to buy one later. But, I have been wrong in the past. Just ask my wife. :)
I just asked your wife. Seems legit. 😜

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Webasto update with a little clarity:

Production output for the last 2 weeks has actually been fairly high, enough to keep the previously-scheduled MIC builds moving. However, that production mostly came at the hands of Ford employees working through their respective shutdowns. Most Ford workers will transition from Plymouth back to their normal plants on Monday.

There will be a dip in output as the new teams are trained and brought up to speed. Ford's presence in management and engineering at the plant will not change for the foreseeable future.

Things are moving in the right direction... slowly.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Production output for the last 2 weeks has actually been fairly high, enough to keep the previously-scheduled MIC builds moving. However, that production mostly came at the hands of Ford employees working through their respective shutdowns. Most Ford workers will transition from Plymouth back to their normal plants on Monday.

There will be a dip in output as the new teams are trained and brought up to speed. Ford's presence in management and engineering at the plant will not change for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the continued information!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is actually very discouraging news. I know the numbers they have been hitting last couple weeks, good but not great, not close to where Ford wants them by August. I did not realize this was at the hands of Ford employees working the line, who will be leaving soon. Yikes.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is actually very discouraging news. I know the numbers they have been hitting last couple weeks, good but not great, not close to where Ford wants them by August. I did not realize this was at the hands of Ford employees working the line, who will be leaving soon. Yikes.
Glass half empty, eh?

Ford just needs to offer for us buyers to work at the top factory for a week to bump up our priority. I might take them up on it. :p
Sponsored