Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Years ago I was able to purchase a 🇺🇲 Ford ESP through Zeigler as a 🇨🇦 living in 🇨🇦. No issues at all and had multiple repairs completed.

I've noticed now on Zeigler (and others like Flood) now require an 🇺🇲 mailing address (which I am able to provide via family).

My question is though, is this still kosher and will be honoured by 🇨🇦 dealerships for warranty and service work?

Any insight would be great as this is still a way to save ~$1500 (even after CAD->USD exchange rate is taken into consideration).
Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Even with exchange? What about the import fees? Duty and excise taxes? You still pay Provincial and Federal taxes too, regardless of where you purchase from.

I have completed the sales paperwork with my dealer here in Alberta, and here there is a specific mention that the vehicle sold is for Canada ONLY and cannot be purchased for export. I don’t know if the Americans have the same stipulation or not.

As for warranty, I think even though some manufacturers have stated that exported vehicles invalidate warranty, I don’t think they can legally get away with that…. A scare tactic to dissuade folks from buying out of country?

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even with exchange? What about the import fees? Duty and excise taxes? You still pay Provincial and Federal taxes too, regardless of where you purchase from.

I have completed the sales paperwork with my dealer here in Alberta, and here there is a specific mention that the vehicle sold is for Canada ONLY and cannot be purchased for export. I don’t know if the Americans have the same stipulation or not.

As for warranty, I think even though some manufacturers have stated that exported vehicles invalidate warranty, I don’t think they can legally get away with that…. A scare tactic to dissuade folks from buying out of country?
Ahhh there's been some misunderstanding.
I'm purchasing my Bronco in 🇨🇦 (Ontario) bit looking to purchase the extended warranty from a Genuine Ford reseller located in 🇺🇲 to save significant $$$

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ah! Okay, I totally misunderstood then…. 🥴

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on calling Ford Canada tomorrow and asking. If still allowed I'll report my findings back here

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s ok, I misunderstood too until that post. I thought the Bronco was being purchased in the USA and being imported to Canada.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can’t buy the US ESP outside of the US. Its been this way for a couple years. There are some Canadian dealers selling at discounted prices though. Maybe not for bronco just yet?

you can buy ESP right up until the original warranty expires anyway, so there’s not really much of a rush is there?

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can’t buy the US ESP outside of the US. Its been this way for a couple years. There are some Canadian dealers selling at discounted prices though. Maybe not for bronco just yet?

you can buy ESP right up until the original warranty expires anyway, so there’s not really much of a rush is there?
Agreed, no rush at all.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed, no rush at all.
I’ve got a focus RS that I got a crazy 3yr lease deal on(Ford Canada was leasing focuseses at 0% 0 down, not advertising that It applied to RS and ST). Bought extended warranty the day I bought it out at end of lease. 2 weeks before standard warranty expired 😬😬😬

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got a focus RS that I got a crazy 3yr lease deal on(Ford Canada was leasing focuseses at 0% 0 down, not advertising that It applied to RS and ST). Bought extended warranty the day I bought it out at end of lease. 2 weeks before standard warranty expired 😬😬😬
Did you buy the Extended Warranty through the Canadian dealership or did you get creative and purchase it from an American dealership online?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, TD5 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you buy the Extended Warranty through the Canadian dealership or did you get creative and purchase it from an American dealership online?
Bought it from the dealership I did lease-end stuff at. Zero hassle.

just before the pandemic, I was at a dealership in BC for some emergency repairs while on a roadtrip.. I asked them about extended warranties. Figured I’d get an unbiased answer since they had no interest in wether or not I bought from them.

They recommended the Ford plans over 3rd party like tricare, since with the Ford one you can just go to any dealer and not worry about coverage, no waiting to hear from the warranty provider.

I did premium care plus. Covers everything including things like HID bulbs and ballasts.
Sponsored