Sponsored

🇨🇦 purchasing 🇺🇲 Ford Extended Warranty (ESP).

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Years ago I was able to purchase a 🇺🇲 Ford ESP through Zeigler as a 🇨🇦 living in 🇨🇦. No issues at all and had multiple repairs completed.

I've noticed now on Zeigler (and others like Flood) now require an 🇺🇲 mailing address (which I am able to provide via family).

My question is though, is this still kosher and will be honoured by 🇨🇦 dealerships for warranty and service work?

Any insight would be great as this is still a way to save ~$1500 (even after CAD->USD exchange rate is taken into consideration).
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is from Ford Canada’s warranty brochure (I’m assuming similar would be applicable the other way around, if you purchased from the USA): https://www.ford.ca/cmslibs/content...es_Warranty_version-1_frdwa_EN-US_10_2020.pdf

DOES THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY APPLY TO YOUR VEHICLE?
Warranty Applies
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty described in this booklet applies to your vehicle if:
• It was originally sold or leased by a Ford of Canada dealer; and
• Is registered, licensed and operated in Canada or the United States.

Warranty Does Not Apply
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty described in this booklet will be void if the vehicle originally purchased in Canada, at any time:
• Is registered, licensed for use in countries other than Canada or the United States.

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is from Ford Canada’s warranty brochure (I’m assuming similar would be applicable the other way around, if you purchased from the USA): https://www.ford.ca/cmslibs/content...es_Warranty_version-1_frdwa_EN-US_10_2020.pdf

DOES THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY APPLY TO YOUR VEHICLE?
Warranty Applies
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty described in this booklet applies to your vehicle if:
• It was originally sold or leased by a Ford of Canada dealer; and
• Is registered, licensed and operated in Canada or the United States.

Warranty Does Not Apply
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty described in this booklet will be void if the vehicle originally purchased in Canada, at any time:
• Is registered, licensed for use in countries other than Canada or the United States.
Reading this tell me it is still kosher then as the vehicle will be bought in Canada and never registered/lisence outside of Can/US...

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading this tell me it is still kosher then as the vehicle will be bought in Canada and never registered/lisence outside of Can/US...

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
That’s how I read it, as long as it’s in one of the two countries.

I would still suggest you contact Ford directly to confirm though. Better to be safe than sorry, as I’m not the expert.

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s how I read it, as long as it’s in one of the two countries.

I would still suggest you contact Ford directly to confirm though. Better to be safe than sorry, as I’m not the expert.
I plan on doing that when receiving delivery next week but seeing as the dealership has everything to loose by being 100% forthcoming I'm not expecting for a cut and dry answer.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on doing that when receiving delivery next week but seeing as the dealership has everything to loose by not being 100% forthcoming I'm not expecting for a cut and dry answer.
Probably better off calling Ford directly vs the dealership then.

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably better off calling Ford directly vs the dealership then.
I think this may be the best idea. Will do so tomorrow and report back my findings.

Would still love to hear from any 🇨🇦 if they've successfully done this within the last few years though.

Kayci77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just came across this old thread and was wondering if you had any updates. I'm hoping to get my vehicle sometime this year and am considering the extended warranty, esp if I can get the savings that you got in the past. Thanks!

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just came across this old thread and was wondering if you had any updates. I'm hoping to get my vehicle sometime this year and am considering the extended warranty, esp if I can get the savings that you got in the past. Thanks!
I opted to not get anything... yet.
We'll see how the Bronco is behaving in a few years time before the factory warrantee runs out.
Sponsored