BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what blows my mind. Photography, sure. Variables aplenty.

Eye witnesses? What the hell. I physically saw and touched it. If someone didn't see it as green, I feel like they need their eyes checked.
the color analysis actually showed it has more blue than green ??‍♂

depends a lot on lighting and the background I bet, but overall it’s prob going to appear cement color most of the time.

im gonna go check one out tomorrow. Hopefully it’s not overcast like it was today
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the color analysis actually showed it has more blue than green ??‍♂

depends a lot on lighting and the background I bet, but overall it’s prob going to appear cement color most of the time.

im gonna go check one out tomorrow. Hopefully it’s not overcast like it was today
Not trying to dispute anyone's claim and I've yet to see it on a vehicle. But when I put the Ford color chart up against my Cement 4Runner, the Cactus Gray does have a green hue to it and the green hue is more noticeable in real life than my pics.
20201207_075632.jpg

20201213_100541.jpg

Last edited:

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a side note anyone notice how tall that antenna is. That’s at least 12” taller than the roof and will be hitting my garage every time I pull in ?. Will need to swap that out.

Gary

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You didn't think it would be helpful to take a photo of a Bronco we've all seen with a different camera, with different processing, that we all look at on different screens? :oops:

At this point it's not even worth it to see anymore CG or A51 photos. We will all see them on the lots soon enough. Anyone who hasn't seen one yet is no more clear on those two colours with the new photos than they were before.
This is what blows my mind. Photography, sure. Variables aplenty.

Eye witnesses? What the hell. I physically saw and touched it. If someone didn't see it as green, I feel like they need their eyes checked.
Standing in Serramonte Ford's showroom, I was surprised at how different my picture looked vs. the real thing.
Ford Bronco ? Cactus Gray WildTrak 4 Door Bronco vehicle

I think the attached picture is good representation of the color. At least on my computer.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Standing in Serramonte Ford's showroom, I was surprised at how different my picture looked vs. the real thing.
Ford Bronco ? Cactus Gray WildTrak 4 Door Bronco vehicle

I think the attached picture is good representation of the color. At least on my computer.
Dude, it was green, right? Haha. Maybe everyone else saying flat gray saw it in direct sunlight?

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for ALL the details. I am well versed in these aspects. However, it seems you missed the point of my post, which was in response to the other guy who commented that he liked CG on the BL trim, but not on the WT. My point is they basically look the same, except for just a few key details. Its not like we're talking about 2 different vehicles with the same color.
Some colors look and complement the mic top and grey grille better than with wildtrak black accents. Well its all subjective. But I get it

Gary

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dude, it was green, right? Haha. Maybe everyone else saying flat gray saw it in direct sunlight?
Yes. You are right on the money. I don't know what some of these other folks are looking at, but the Cactus Gray I saw was green.

gcrew95

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bass Boat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sea foam Green!!!

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here are videos of my walkaround. Even though the pics everyone has posted represent the same thing in these videos:
Cactus Gray Bronco Sport Walkaround
Area 51 Bronco Sport Walkaround

Note: The HD Version is still processing by YouTube, not sure why its taking so long to process the damn HD version of this, so don't be throwing chairs at me. It was recorded in 4K 60FPS.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. You are right on the money. I don't know what some of these other folks are looking at, but the Cactus Gray I saw was green.
It could be because you guys saw it indoors with artificial lighting like the picture BN recently took.

not saying you’re wrong at all just that the conditions matter. It’s pretty bright out in SoCal today so if I find one I’ll report back. Hopefully the sport is outside lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was at Serramonte as well, thinking that if I just saw the Sports in person that it would clear everything up and I could lock a color down. The A51 and CG were indoors on Sports and Race Red is my third choice and it was on a used vehicle outdoors. Unfortunately I liked them all. I’m still stuck. I loved CG in Aug and Sept with the computer renderings and then when I thought it would be boring grey, I hated CG, right up to my trip to Serramonte Ford. Seeing the Sport in person, the CG looked really good. It definitely had a bit of green but more importantly it just looks like an awesome color, green, grey, whatever it is. I asked two salesmen if it looked more grey when the Sport was outdoors and they said “yes, maybe a little”, but my wife said that the way I asked the question was leading them so take that for what it’s worth. The A51 looked great as well, kind of a French Blue, and that is one of my wife’s all time favorite colors and she has agreed to the Bronco purchase so I think you know where that is going. My seventeen year old liked Cactus Grey the best and I still secretly love Race Red. That orangish red takes my breath away but I’m not the type of person who likes all eyes on me and a Race Red Bronco is going to stop traffic, everybody will be blown away and you will have pictures taken of you and have to talk to everyone on the street. I will also be a beginning off-roader so I may not want to stick out that much but wow will that color be amazing. So in conclusion, I drove over hoping at least one of these colors would look good and instead they all looked great. Looks like I will torture myself right up to the order deadline. (These photos are from my iPhone and sadly I really don’t think CG can be accurately represented in a photo because when I look at this photo of CG I don’t like the color but in person I really liked it.).
Ford Bronco ? Cactus Gray WildTrak 4 Door Bronco D097508B-0C0C-48CA-9296-C1F420B5299E
Ford Bronco ? Cactus Gray WildTrak 4 Door Bronco 41AC22A4-A3DB-45A5-AADC-4D5B0A8F851F
Ford Bronco ? Cactus Gray WildTrak 4 Door Bronco 8AFA6A0A-1DC4-4170-B7A6-CB92200D8CAD

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that we don’t have enough data points, or that anyone cares haha, I went to 2 more dealerships and they only had carb grey. One had cactus gray but the owner had taken it home today. Smh the journey continues ?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The only real difference between a WT and a BL/Squatch is the badge, the grill, and the lack of rock rails.
And the black accents and wheels - which I prefer - the Sport Mode and Tube Steps can be added . . . these are the reasons I personally prefer the Wildtrak over the Badlands. I am optioning up on many items and ending up just under 60k - to equally option the Badlands (which I actually can't because on the inability to add the steps) I am about 1200.00 more. Each to their own - but there are some definite differences that matter IMO.
Sponsored