Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it's for security. Seems like you can't slide the windows out without opening the tailgate/doors. Granted someone could just take a knife to it if they wanted in, but my brother had a TJ with a zippered top and someone just unzipped it and stole his cd collection. This at least makes it a little more difficult to get in.
Thieves will just cut it, Iā€™m amazed they took the time to unzip your brothers. I always left nothing in my Jeep and the doors unlocked.
Sponsored

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t have experience with soft tops, but the soft top videos Iā€™ve seen look like a good bit of steps and a lot of room for gaps/errors that could potentially cause leaks. From the folks that have experience with soft tops, how does this and the other ford (Webasto?) soft top compare? I like the idea, but just seems to not be as quick or convenient as what I thought it would be. Iā€™m getting a MIC top and will go for an aftermarket Bimini top, but did entertain getting a soft top in the future until Iā€™ve seen the videos.
This looks and works very much like the soft top on the JL with the side clips and channel. The panels are pretty easy to take off and not that inconvenient. Oftentimes, I just left the back panel out completely. The only issue I had with mine is the clips that hold the side panel in the back to the top broke twice. Though on the JL it folds all the way down, so there was an extra conection.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good up....but seems like a pain the ass to take apart and the fact it doesnā€™t fold all the way back doesnā€™t make sense and is a deal breaker for me.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m in a hard top but man that rapid red with gold wheels is looking GOOD.

I donā€™t hate the fast back. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s for me but Iā€™m glad itā€™s an option out there.

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was excited about the fastback but had hoped for something easier to open and fold all the way back. Also, am wondering how long this will last, it seems finicky. I may wait for other options to be available.

Sponsored

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
šŸŽ„: The Bronco Nation.

Too many pieces! Then you have to put them somewhere. I prefer a zipper and some velcroĀ® along with the ability to roll up the side panels if I want them opened. My '84 Bronco soft top worked great.

Ford Bronco šŸŽ„: Bestop Fastback Soft Top Operation Demo bronco84browntrunk

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not related to the top, but I saw this Ford Performance Bronco in Moab and:

It is not a Sasquatch and has no lift I could see.
It has aftermarket wheels and tires, I didn't check the size
It has one of the Ford accessory flares, not standard or Squatch.

So it seems large tires/wheels can fit a non lifted non Squatch. Someone who is interested in larger tires on a non Squatch could deep dive the video to find tire size.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any fast back style tops that fold all the way back for Jeep? If so that needs to happen for the Bronco. If there isn't, then the Bronco accessory peeps/companies needs to get it done and lead the charge.
Yeah, the Bestop Trektop Ultra. On the JL, it came out a couple of years after the Trektop.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's fun seeing the progression soft tops have made over the years. From my factory top on my Jeep to the Trektop I traded someone my factory one for to the trektop I have now and now this on the Bronco. What I'm getting at is if the Jeeps are any indication there will be many more models and developments made to them at a pretty fast rate for the on the fencers out there. Seems like every 6 months there's a new soft top model.

I like the fastback, got one on my JK, and I REALLY like how they completely removed the zippers. If you live anywhere with a salty winter you'll be happy with that. My rear window is the only one with zippers and the first strip down of the year the teeth are all gunked up and stiff no matter what prep I take in the fall to get ready.

JedC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Open Air Clunker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What should we make of this flier that says (bottom right): "Easy to install. Shown with Trektop fully retracted."?

This Bestop Bronco Trektop apparently opens all the way to the back...

Ford Bronco šŸŽ„: Bestop Fastback Soft Top Operation Demo 1618082624785

Last edited:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco was design for two modes. Top on, top off. Regardless of the type of top. Itā€™s not a convertible, its either on or off. Everything else is a compromise.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It looks good but my guess is that all those slide strip will suck ass in time especially when dirty. I will get a hard top and a bikini for mine.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats what I'm wondering, why aren't there just zippers like the old jeep tops so you can roll them up
I was thinking that as well. This seems more of a pain. Looks great on though.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have i missed a video on the other soft top? I want the full drop so will probably wait on the trektop ultra. Will definitely be running the bimini too since its cheap.
Sponsored