First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This thread has me completely confused. I just took delivery of my 2023 Bronco Raptor and want to add a roof bar light and some bumper lights and mirror lights. Now I also have a JeepRubicon that I added a number of lights too but I added a Spod to do
which I guess is similar to the Bronco switches, but I ran power to the switches in the cab and from there down to the box under the hood. At that point you just hook up your wiring to the corresponding numbers that relate to the on the cab switches. Fog lights to #1, roof lights to #2, rear lights to # 3 ect. Yes, I had to run wires from each light set up to under hood box but then when I flipped the switch, those lights came on. I assumed the Bronco was the same way, but from what I’m reading the wires are not all hooked up? So if I want to do the same thing, and add mirror, bumper, fog lights ect, how do I know where to hook them and what’s wired and what’s not. Seems they should have completed the wiring as this just makes it more confusing. Is there somewhere to go that would show exactly what can be hooked and work and what has to be completed to work. I know a lot of you have been offering praise for some of the wiring they have done but surely there needs to be something that explains exactly how to go about this.
Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go to the very first post in this thread there’s a diagram that explains the wiring layout quite well. That and watching the Ford video (also in the first post, video is just ok) and reading the manual pages will provide what you need.

Or you could just skim this thread and it all becomes clear.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread has me completely confused. I just took delivery of my 2023 Bronco Raptor and want to add a roof bar light and some bumper lights and mirror lights. Now I also have a JeepRubicon that I added a number of lights too but I added a Spod to do
which I guess is similar to the Bronco switches, but I ran power to the switches in the cab and from there down to the box under the hood. At that point you just hook up your wiring to the corresponding numbers that relate to the on the cab switches. Fog lights to #1, roof lights to #2, rear lights to # 3 ect. Yes, I had to run wires from each light set up to under hood box but then when I flipped the switch, those lights came on. I assumed the Bronco was the same way, but from what I’m reading the wires are not all hooked up? So if I want to do the same thing, and add mirror, bumper, fog lights ect, how do I know where to hook them and what’s wired and what’s not. Seems they should have completed the wiring as this just makes it more confusing. Is there somewhere to go that would show exactly what can be hooked and work and what has to be completed to work. I know a lot of you have been offering praise for some of the wiring they have done but surely there needs to be something that explains exactly how to go about this.

It's pretty simple, just hook the location wire you want to the AUX switch you want. The reason they are not hard wired to the locations is most people want the ability to decide for themselves which AUX switch to use.

Quite a few threads on wiring the AUX switches with lots of pictures. It's basic level wiring.
Search results for query: aux | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Last edited:
First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado LT / 2023 Bronco BD Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This! I posted a new thread asking this question and it came up empty. @2Jeeps&PatriotX1 , we're all very interested in what you did! This is literally what I am working on today, I want my dashcam and Midland 275 switched always on.
@xusarmy I figured it out. Under the steering wheel is the BCM fuse box. Disconnect connector J1. Pin 2 has two green wires. Trim back the wire harness wrap then Disassemble the connector. Cut the larger of the two green wires. Run that cut wire to the battery through an inline 10A fuse. Now all 6 aux switches are always hot.

I installed rockslide steps, which need to always be powered, so that they extend when the door is open. The aux switch lets me turn them off when the doors are removed.

20230813_111209.jpg

20230813_111231.jpg

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@xusarmy I figured it out. Under the steering wheel is the BCM fuse box. Disconnect connector J1. Pin 2 has two green wires. Trim back the wire harness wrap then Disassemble the connector. Cut the larger of the two green wires. Run that cut wire to the battery through an inline 10A fuse. Now all 6 aux switches are always hot.

I installed rockslide steps, which need to always be powered, so that they extend when the door is open. The aux switch lets me turn them off when the doors are removed.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 20230813_111231

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 20230813_111231
Interesting! I came up with a solution a couple days after posting that, been working great since May of last year. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...con-uca-metal-cloak-update.41802/post-1416970

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Question. I replaced my front bumper that had the factory rigid fog lights in it. So with new bumper, I've got new front bumper lights, rear bumper lights, front bumper bar, roof bar light and mirror(ditch lights) wired up and all working. Thats five lighting accessories for the five wires I found under the hood connected to aux switches 2 through 6. I used the wire by the radiator to run the bumper lights and ran my own wire to one of the other available wires for the front bumper bar light. So, I've got one switch left with no wires to connect to it, and I need to use it. Do I need to locate the wire somewhere that controlled the original fog lights which were probable connected to aux switch one?
Sponsored