Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So did I miss something, or if I wanted to run something to the cargo area, I'd use up at least 2 connections which means I can't wire in all 6 switches?
All 6 switches run to the distribution point under the hood.

It wasn’t totally clear from the video, but at least one wire then runs from there to the passenger footwell, and at least one wire runs from that point back to the rear.

So you would connect all those wires together to one switch to power the item in the back.... leaving 5 switches left that terminate under the hood.

I just hope there’s more than one wire running to the rear... and the other points as well.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is great! Definitely won’t miss drilling holes in the dash, a pillars or running wires. I’m sure they’ll still be some moving the wire ends around to get where you need them but overall very nice! And no flannel again.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's unfortunate that they don't include all the relevant information but it is much better than nothing. Skip to about 1:45 to save some pain.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Behind the glovebox seemed to be a jump point... since he addressed joining the brown/white wire to both the rear and top wires. I’m certain that once we get schematics it’ll be a lot more clear than the scripted demonstration he was doing.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if you say run a rock slider step (the ones that retract) in the switch it'll drain the battery if the switch is always on? Or is it just when the vehicle is "On" ?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems reasonable and I like how the switches light up when activated. That's a nice surprise.

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was a great how to video. Thank you very much.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you say run a rock slider step (the ones that retract) in the switch it'll drain the battery if the switch is always on? Or is it just when the vehicle is "On" ?
You wouldn't run that through an aux switch. It should be tied to the door switch.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve watched this twice now and I’m still mildly confused. I need a diagram! :ROFLMAO:

It really seems pretty simple. I just need to see it on paper. I am also really surprised they ran wires to the top of the windshield and rear cargo area! Not sure how I’m going to do my wiring setup, but this should make it easier.

Thanks for posting!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@618TRVLWILD, Thanks for posting Ashley. Now, what to do with all six switches....... I know, there is already a thread for that.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

He specifically says that they only work while the ignition is in the on position, but he didn't say whether the engine had to be on or not. I think that was in the first minute and a half of marketing drivel to the kind of people who pay for a BN membership though, so it's understandable if you hadnyour brain shut off at that time.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These are great and a great idea from Ford to pre-run the wiring. That said I'm a bit disappointed. It doesn't seem to have the same programmable functionality that the wrangler aux buttons do.
Sponsored