Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't know why it always catches my attention that Bevis has such an underbite, but it always does. It's nice he got a job in marketing though.

**Full disclosure: The above is a joke. Mr. Melton genuinely seems interested in the products and presents well in these videos. I'd grab a beer with him and talk flannel.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s this simple...those of you complaining it’s lacking info then that means you know what you’re doing, and quit complaining. If you have no clue what the video is talking about, get a professional to do it.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Five circuits, but 6 aux switches...
All 6 switches are wired to under the hood. The 5 circuits run from under the hood to other parts of the Bronco, which is completely unexpected and definitely a nice bonus from Ford.

tldr 5>0

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thankful for this detailed breakdown.

Seeing how they’ve implemented, and coming from having utilized Ford up-fitter wiring in emergency vehicles before, frankly I’m disappointed in this implementation.

I would like to have seen more circuits extending from the distribution point and throughout the vehicle... guess my hope I wouldn’t have to run my own wires is dashed.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't know why it always catches my attention that Bevis has such an underbite, but it always does. It's nice he got a job in marketing though.

**Full disclosure: The above is a joke. Mr. Melton genuinely seems interested in the products and presents well in these videos. I'd grab a beer with him and talk flannel.
He actually is an EB enthusiast from Nashville that Ford tapped to help out for some of these videos.
https://community.thebronconation.com/introducing-jon-melton-of-nashville-early-bronco/

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yay for switches. BUT did anyone see that Sas Base model in Black? It looks fantastic. That grille makes the truck look just plain mean. The BD is going to look so good with the white letters and a painted top.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thankful for this detailed breakdown.

Seeing how they’ve implemented, and coming from having utilized Ford up-fitter wiring in emergency vehicles before, frankly I’m disappointed in this implementation.

I would like to have seen more circuits extending from the distribution point and throughout the vehicle... guess my hope I wouldn’t have to run my own wires is dashed.
it's a $195 option...Ford isn't going to run 300ft of wire with connection points every six inches of the thing for $195. They took a ton of work off of us for very little money but I guess some folks will cry about anything.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yay for switches. BUT did anyone see that Sas Base model in Black? It looks fantastic. That grille makes the truck look just plain mean. The BD is going to look so good with the white letters and a painted top.
It did look great! really wish it had the mic top just to see the contrast.

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not expect pre-run wires to go any further then the power distribution box. That’s kinda cool. I just don’t know what Id wire to those specific pre-run wires.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All 6 switches run to the distribution point under the hood.

It wasn’t totally clear from the video, but at least one wire then runs from there to the passenger footwell, and at least one wire runs from that point back to the rear.

So you would connect all those wires together to one switch to power the item in the back.... leaving 5 switches left that terminate under the hood.

I just hope there’s more than one wire running to the rear... and the other points as well.
That is the only part I get: 1 to the top, 1 to the back, 1 to the grill, 2 to the glove box....hmmm, I lost 1...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's a $195 option...Ford isn't going to run 300ft of wire with connection points every six inches of the thing for $195. They took a ton of work off of us for very little money but I guess some folks will cry about anything.
Well, I was thinking instead of a single circuit running from the front passenger foot well to the rear, at least two? Maybe three?

Instead of one to the top of the windshield.. two?

In Ford fleet vehicles you get Negative, ACC, and Bat + in multiple locations. You also get multiple circuits run through the firewall and to various points on the vehicle.

I was hoping that by incorporating the upfitter switches they would provide a near same level of integration.

I’m thankful for this, but admittedly disappointed knowing what they’re regularly doing in their other vehicles.

$0.02

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if you say run a rock slider step (the ones that retract) in the switch it'll drain the battery if the switch is always on? Or is it just when the vehicle is "On" ?
Key on.