Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s what I mean, in jeeps it runs through the computer so you can program them.
NGLI wish they were computer-controlled momentary switches like the Wrangler. It just sucks that Jeep only gives you four.

With a Tazer you can make those momentary or latched switches, and I believe you can change them to work with the ignition on or off. A Tazer would've been a necessity anyways, just to disable the auto start stop system on the JT I was going to buy before the Bronco was revealed.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess is that would have required a heavier duty alternator and higher capacity battery, upping the cost by quite a bit, potentially even double. I think this was a good trade-off since most people will have lower-draw items in the mix. If someone is running that much, high-wattage stuff, they probably just want to do everything from scratch.
I doubt that's the reason, considering they are offering a winch that will draw hundreds of amps. I imagine it came down to trends they saw with accessories on existing off-road vehicles and minimizing costs while meeting the common needs. A 5A circuit is plenty to run LED rock lights or to trigger a device like a compressor which is hard-wired to the battery in the engine bay.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I doubt that's the reason, considering they are offering a winch that will draw hundreds of amps. I imagine it came down to trends they saw with accessories on existing off-road vehicles and minimizing costs while meeting the common needs. A 5A circuit is plenty to run LED rock lights or to trigger a device like a compressor which is hard-wired to the battery in the engine bay.
Not only that, don't they already provide higher capacity with auto start/stop?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hundreds of amps? You don't think buying the winch comes with upgraded electrical? I don't know, because I've never had one, but it would seem to me that it would. I can't imagine putting all that extra capability in every vehicle when only a tiny fraction would use it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not only that, don't they already provide higher capacity with auto start/stop?
It's not an upgraded alternator, it's an upgraded starter, designed for heavy duty cycles, as in, to be started and stopped much more.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not an upgraded alternator, it's an upgraded starter, designed for heavy duty cycles, as in, to be started and stopped much more.
I believe the battery is also higher capacity.

Girryn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Audi S4, 2015 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, really? I have never wired my own vehicle before at all. The most I've done is fuses. If people can't ask questions, they can't learn. Asking a question is NOT complaining. Just because I have no clue doesn't mean that I can't learn. This is super insulting.
This community attracts too much ignorance and closed mindedness for quality instruction. If you have a desire to self educate 👏 I would recommend browsing hobby focused forums rather than a platform specific fan forum filled with "experts" stating "facts" with limited physical evidence.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hundreds of amps? You don't think buying the winch comes with upgraded electrical? I don't know, because I've never had one, but it would seem to me that it would. I can't imagine putting all that extra capability in every vehicle when only a tiny fraction would use it.
The Warn Zeon 10s tops out at 409 amps. The F150 2.7L alternator is 200 amps so if the Bronco uses the same one then it should be sufficient for typical winch pulls. I doubt they upgrade anything, though for $2500 they should! In any event, the Ranger alternator tops out at 170A so there will be plenty of supply for anything you want to hook up.

That is, unless you're trying to recreate the Team Gates boom boom Bronco
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 230422

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are 5 pre-wired termination wires and 6 switched relays, it just means you have an extra relay switched pig-tail in the engine bay to use. Good use for a 5 amp circuit to trip the winch relay, or strobe lights behind the grill, using the pre-wired grill run for fog or driving lights. This will save me a ton of work. But I will be taking off a bunch of panels in any case to run the Aux tow braking wires.
🤦🏻‍♂️

You gotta check out the rest of the thread. There are 3 prerun wires for theswitches and 3 open forcustom wiring

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those 5 A switches are plenty for a pair of LED spot or led driving lights each. Holy cow, I never researched how little draw LEDs are compared to a comparable halogen. Here I am thinking of running, iirc, 12-14 ga for them. 4 amps for a pair of those Ridgids.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those 5 A switches are plenty for a pair of LED spot or led driving lights each. Holy cow, I never researched how little draw LEDs are compared to a comparable halogen. Here I am thinking of running, iirc, 12-14 ga for them. 4 amps for a pair of those Ridgids.
I know, there are some out there running 1 amp each! LEDs have changed the lighting world. That is one reason that police cars and fire trucks look like UFOs these days... :alien:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is one reason that police cars and fire trucks look like UFOs these days... :alien:
Don't remind me.... That color is why I don't want Area51. But I love the name.