First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do people keep looking at pavement performance? These are dedicated off road trucks not sports cars. I don’t get the fixation on 0-60 and cornering on a truck with 35s on it.
Because a lot of folks are going to daily drive them and most will never take them off road. Just like Jeeps.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IsThe FE 4 door the heaviest of the Bronco’s

Reactions: R11

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So basically we are getting a smaller engine with the liability of turbos and less gas mileage for the same performance or worse? Is that what I am seeing here? I expected both engines to beat the crappy Pentastar in the dirt.
If you had any long term relationship with a Ford Truck Ecoboost engine your expectations would be much much higher. :unsure:

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So glad I'm buying a Bronco as a race car...oh wait...I'm not! It's an off-road vehicle that handles excellent for day-to-day driving. Like if you want to go fast you are barking up the wrong tree.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yah just remember to dump the clutch at 5000 RPM or you can add 2 to 3 seconds on to that.

It needs to be on boost or you have a slow vehicle.
A stage 1 tune can make the adjustments needed to keep the 2.3 spooled up during launch (launch control) and you can add flat foot shifting to keep the turbo at full rpm during shifts. A good tuner will make other mapping tweaks to wake the 2.3 up while staying in the safe operating zone.

I will be looking for a good tuner once they get some programming time with the 2.3/7MT combo.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So glad I'm buying a Bronco as a race car...oh wait...I'm not! It's an off-road vehicle that handles excellent for day-to-day driving. Like if you want to go fast you are barking up the wrong tree.
I came here to say this, and are we going to compare wither the Mustang or Corvette is a better at off-roading?

Ice_GopherFC

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an 05 Ranger; 95 Dakota; 2017 Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't be the only person that thinks these types of test for the Bronco are frivolous... 🤔

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my ZR2 Bison (V6) is rated for 0-60 as 7.2 seconds and quarter mile of 15.6, so I'm glad to hear the 2.7L Bronco is quicker than that, because 7.2 second 0-60 is a little sad, but not as horrible as the diesel version.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These tests are annoying. Where is the like for like. Journalism is as dead as common sense. It is all about making money for being an activist.

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrangler may have a slight edge on performance new, but which engines will last longer and perform better over time?:
  • Mopar engines (from the past 15 or so years are notoriously problematic)
or
  • Ford (using the same engines available in the F-150 and their truck/auto line)
Seems pretty clear to me, which is why I'm now buying my first Ford. Engines age and either do it well or not so well. Jeep's engines are their weak spot, even if they start out powerful.
*This is just my opinion after owning a few Jeeps and knowing the experiences of friends that have owned many Ford and Mopar: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles

Silvercloud

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1991 BMW 325i/2021 Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are all spoiled... these 0-60 times are about a full second faster than my '91 BMW 325i. haha

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't be the only person that thinks these types of test for the Bronco are frivolous... 🤔
it's very important and relevant info in my eyes... the Bronco is going to be a daily driver, and weekend off-roader.. so during the week, for normal driving, acceleration is ABSOLUTELY a factor, not just from the standpoint of when you need to get on the highway, pass someone, etc - but also from an enjoyment standpoint. Driving a slow vehicle is miserable... now, with that being said - I understand that this is a heavy, off-road oriented vehicle that's shaped like a barn - so it's not going to do a 4.7 second 0-60 time .. but on the other end of the spectrum, if I heard that it had an 8 second 0-60 time, I'd be canceling my order immediately... just like gas mileage.. it is important - I don't expect to get 30 mpg, but if I found out the Bronco only got 12 mpg, I'd be canceling my order - again - it's going to be a daily driver, so it needs to strike the right balance. I'm happy with 7.0 0-60, and 18-20 mpg is good enough.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do people keep looking at pavement performance? These are dedicated off road trucks not sports cars. I don’t get the fixation on 0-60 and cornering on a truck with 35s on it.
"dedicated off road"? hardly. this is a street-legal vehicle that is going to be used for primarily daily driving by most owners. I'd be surprised if 0.5% of people kept it as a 'dedicated' off-road vehicle that NEVER sees pavement. Acceleration is a huge factor when buying any vehicle, you need to be able to safely get on highway on-ramps, pass slower traffic, accelerate up steep grades, etc - so while nobody's expecting the Bronco to be as quick as a McLaren, it should not be as slow as a bulldozer either.
Sponsored