Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, considering the Wrangler 2.0T can get low to mid-20s mpgs, the fact that Ford's 2.3 is slower with worse mpgs, and even the EcoBoost V6 is just baaarely any faster with, again, way worse mpgs is pretty sad.
Sponsored

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0-60 in 6.3 for the 2-door 2.7L is nice! I'm confused how some videos I've seen show it doing it in just over 8 seconds though.
I imagine it will be faster on the Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks models without the extra body armor, smaller tires, and sport mod.

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My plan is still to get a 2.3L and tune it. Hoepfully someone is planning a tune soon and can report the results. Seems a tuned 2.3L would be very close to a stock 2.7, and weigh much less. That could end up being the sweet spot considering the tune options for the 2.7 are very limited.

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do people keep looking at pavement performance? These are dedicated off road trucks not sports cars. I don’t get the fixation on 0-60 and cornering on a truck with 35s on it.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do people keep looking at pavement performance? These are dedicated off road trucks not sports cars. I don’t get the fixation on 0-60 and cornering on a truck with 35s on it.
Because you have to drive to trails, and it's reasonable to want to know if the truck has decent street performance...can you pull out in traffic? Can you easily pass? Can you accelerate up hill in the mountains? That's reasonable...and oh yeah, is it fun to drive, or a dog?

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, it helps to understand that's it's good enough to be livable on daily driving. for example, let's say it got to 60 in 10 seconds, that might feel pretty anemic. It doesn't matter whether I can beat a Jeep on the drag strip though.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whats with the 2 door vs 4 door....not a real comparison. My F150 with the 3.5 will smoke all 0-60 except the only real rocket off-roader 392. Let's see if ford can stuff the 3.5 in there and make some speed.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine it will be faster on the Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks models without the extra body armor, smaller tires, and sport mod.
Yes, the Base and Big Bend are about 300 lbs lighter. The OBX saves about 200 lbs compared to an auto BD.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe because most of the miles we put on the Bronco will actually be on the "pavement". If you hadn't noticed, it's sometimes feels like war out there in traffic. At Least where I live. I appreciate any extra power a car I am driving gives me from Point A to B . Then when I am ready to drive off road, it can do that too. Win win.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly as I predicted months ago. 6.3 sounds good to me.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suppose I'm not really going to worry about this info... Eventually I'll take delivery of my 2dr BL with 7MT. I'll run it with premium fuel and be happy with 0-60 at 7 sec. My Tundra does 0-60 in 6 and at 6k lbs; I don't feel it's slow at all. And I'm very aware it's not a lighter sportier car, so again I'm totally cool with it.
Sponsored